Product Code: 65742
The global ethoxydiglycol market is estimated to witness a healthy growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 3%, over the forecast period. The major factor driving the growth of the market studied is growing demand from cosmetics industry.
- Health hazards in a variety of animal species are projected to hamper the market's growth in the coming years.
- Excellent solubilizing properties is also likely to augment the market growth in the future.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the market and is also likely to witness highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand from Personal Care Industry
- Cosmetics and personal care are one of the major applications of ethoxydiglycol. Ethoxydiglycol is used in cosmetics and personal care formulations as a solubilizer and efficacy booster. It enhances skin penetration of cosmetic actives and helps repair split ends of damaged hairs.
- With the increasing number of new beauty products and the concern for good appearance, has led to the significant rise in the market for beauty products and cosmetics. The Asia-Pacific region has become the largest consumer and producer of ethoxydiglycol. The production has reached high levels, and the region has become a significant hub for exporting cosmetics and personal care products to developed nations, such as the United States.
- The market in the countries, such as South Korea and Indonesia, are expected to witness a rapid rise in the demand for personal care products, due to growth in the cosmetics market.
- The global skin care market is expected to grow at an average rate of around 5% annually. The industry has witnessed a shift from demand from older consumers to a growing younger consumer base. People are increasingly becoming more self-aware about themselves has hence started using skin care at an increasingly young age in order to delay the signs of aging.
- Owing to all these factors, the market for ethoxydiglycol is likely to grow across the world during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific dominated the global market with a share of more than 45%. With growing personal care and pharmaceutical industries in the countries like China, India, Japan, and South Korea, the consumption of ethoxydiglycol is increasing in the region.
- China, one of the largest pharmaceutical markets in the world, is not yet mature. The combined forces of economic and demographic development, government stimulus, enhanced health awareness among the public, market consolidation, and improved R&D capabilities may help the country in maturing into a sophisticated market within the next decade.
- At present, penetration of personal care products in India is comparatively lower when compared to developed or even other developing economies. However, improving economic environment and increasing purchasing power of the Indian population is expected to increase the adoption of personal care products in the country.
- According to a report published by the Ministry of Economy and Industry, the beauty and personal care (BPC) industry in the country is expected to reach more than USD 10 billion by 2021, at an estimated growth rate of 5%-6% annually. The personal care and cosmetics sector in India is expected to register continuous growth, with increasing shelf space in retail stores and boutiques in India.
- Due to all such factors, the market for ethoxydiglycol in the region is expected to have a steady growth during the forecast period.
The ethoxydiglycol market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the major players in the market include Dow, Eastman Chemical Company, Merck KGaA, Gattefosse, and Thermo Fisher Scientific, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Growing Demand from Cosmetics Industry
- 4.1.2 Excellent Solubilizing Properties
- 4.1.3 Other Drivers
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Health Hazards in a Variety of Animal Species
- 4.2.2 Other Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 4.4.5 Degree of Competition
- 4.5 Price Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 End-user
- 5.1.1 Cosmetics and Personal Care
- 5.1.2 Industrial Cleaners
- 5.1.3 Pharmaceuticals
- 5.1.4 Flavor and Fragrances
- 5.1.5 Paints and Coatings
- 5.1.6 Other End-users
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.2 North America
- 220.127.116.11 United States
- 18.104.22.168 Canada
- 22.214.171.124 Mexico
- 5.2.3 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 Germany
- 188.8.131.52 United Kingdom
- 184.108.40.206 Italy
- 220.127.116.11 France
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.4 South America
- 22.214.171.124 Brazil
- 126.96.36.199 Argentina
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
- 5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 South Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
- 6.2 Market Share Analysis**
- 6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
- 6.4 Company Profiles
- 6.4.1 Alzo International Inc.
- 6.4.2 BASF SE
- 6.4.3 Dow
- 6.4.4 Eastman Chemical Company
- 6.4.5 FINETECH INDUSTRY LIMITED
- 6.4.6 Gattefosse
- 6.4.7 INEOS
- 6.4.8 LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- 6.4.9 Merck KGaA
- 6.4.10 Thermo Fisher Scientific
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS