Global healthcare IT solutions market is expected to reach USD 223.16 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 13.7% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2023.
Succeeding an extensive secondary and primary research on the global healthcare IT solutions market and in-depth analysis of the market scenario, the report carries out an impact analysis of the key industry drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the market dynamics segment. Increasing awareness of the value of digital health, government mandates and financial incentives, shift towards value-based care, and rising incidence of chronic diseases are the key drivers for the global healthcare IT market. However, high installation and deployment cost is a key factor restraining the market growth.
In addition, the report further gives an extensive outlook on various healthcare facilities served by the healthcare IT solutions. These industries include healthcare providers and payers. The healthcare providers segment is further segmented in to hospitals, ambulatory centers, home healthcare & assisted living centers, diagnostic centers, and pharmacies. The healthcare provider end user segment accounted for the largest share of the global market in 2017, mainly attributed to the rising patient volume, growing healthcare spending by various countries across globe, growing geriatric population, and increasing adoption of healthcare IT solutions by healthcare providers.
An in-depth analysis of the geographical scenario of the industry provides detailed qualitative and quantitative insights about the five major geographies (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa) along with the coverage of major countries in each region. The geographical analysis provides detailed insights on the key trends of the industry in the listed regions & countries, identifying the demographic & economic impact, government & private investments, and regulatory scenario. The report identifies North America to be the largest market followed by Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World. The geographical analysis section also comments on the key market players shaping the growth of the industry in the respective countries.
The report also includes the competitive landscape based on extensive assessment of the key strategic developments adopted by leading market participants in the industry over the past 4 years (2014-2017).
The key players in the global healthcare IT solutions market are McKesson Corporation (US), Epic Systems Corporation (US), Cerner Corporation (US), Optum Health (US), GE Healthcare (US), Philips Healthcare (Netherlands), athenahealth, Inc. (US), Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. (US), Oracle Corporation (US), Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation (US), Dell Technologies (US), Optum, Inc. (US), and Infor, Inc. (US).
Key questions answered in the report:
Growing healthcare infrastructure and rising adoption of healthcare IT solutions to drive the market growth
- How does the penetration of healthcare IT solutions in hospitals differ from other end users?
- What impact does this have on the adoption of healthcare IT solutions in comparison to other end users?
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of product, component, deployment mode, end-user, and regions/countries?
m-health solutions are set to register highest growth rate among all clinical solutions globally
- What factors contribute to the growth of m-health solutions among various end users?
- What factors contribute to the rising adoption of m-health in different healthcare settings?
- Conversely, which geographic segment is expected to experience the fastest growth of m-health solutions?
The North American healthcare IT solutions market favors both international and local vendors that compete in multiple segments
- Who are the top competitors in this market and what strategies do they employ to gain shares?
- Which segments of the healthcare IT solutions market are expected to offer lucrative revenue growth over the forecast period and why?
- What strategies should the new companies focus to enter this market and to compete effectively?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges in the global healthcare IT solutions market?
- Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the geographic trends and high growth regions/ countries?
Recent partnerships, acquisitions, approvals, and expansions have taken place in the healthcare IT solutions space
- What companies have recently merged/acquired and how will these unions affect the competitive landscape of the healthcare IT solutions space?
- What companies have created partnerships and how will these partnerships promote a competitive advantage?
- Who are the major players in the global healthcare IT solutions market and what share of the market do they hold?
- Who are the local emerging players in the global healthcare IT solutions market and how do they compete with the global players?
Scope of the report
Market by Product:
- Clinical Solutions
- Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- m-heath Solutions
- Population Health Management Solutions
- Care Management Systems
- Laboratory Information Systems
- Computerized Physician Order Entry
- Clinical Decision Support System (CDSS)
- Patient Registry Software
- E-Prescribing system
- Radiology Information Systems (RIS)
- Specialty Information Systems
- Digital pathology system
- PACS & VNA
- Other Solutions
- Non-clinical Solutions
- Revenue Cycle Management Solutions
- Billing & Accounts Management
- Claims Processing & Management
- Eligibility Verification
- Medical Necessity
- Denial & Appeal Management
- Healthcare Analytics
- Clinical Analytics
- Financial Analytics
- Operational and Administrative Analytics
- Supply Chain Management Solutions
- Workforce Management Systems
- Electronic Data Interchange
- Medication Management Solutions
- Provider Network Management Solutions
- HIE & Interoperability Solutions
- Customer Relationship Management Solutions
- Fraud Management Solutions
- Other Solutions
Market by Component:
Market by Deployment Mode:
- Wed & Cloud Based
Market by End User:
- Healthcare Providers
- Ambulatory Centers
- Home healthcare & Assisted Living Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
- Healthcare Payers
Market by Geography:
- North America
- Rest of Europe (RoE)
- Asia-Pacific (APAC)
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC (RoAPAC)
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Market Ecosystem
- 1.2. Currency and Limitations
- 1.2.1. Currency
- 1.2.2. Limitations
- 1.3. Key Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
- 2.1. Research Process
- 2.1.1. Secondary Research
- 2.1.2. Primary Research
- 2.1.3. Market Size Estimation
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Insights
- 4.1. Market Dynamics
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 18.104.22.168.Increasing Awareness of the Value of Digital Health
- 22.214.171.124.Government Mandates and Financial Incentives in the U.S.
- 126.96.36.199.Shift Towards Value-Based Care
- 188.8.131.52.Rising Incidence of Chronic Diseases
- 184.108.40.206.Other Drivers
- 4.1.2. Restraints
- 220.127.116.11.High Installation and Maintenance Cost
- 18.104.22.168.Other Restraints
- 4.1.3. Opportunities
- 22.214.171.124.Growing Focus on Cloud-Based Solutions
- 126.96.36.199.Big Data and Advanced Analytics Solutions
- 188.8.131.52.Emerging Economies
- 4.1.4. Challenges
- 184.108.40.206.Interoperability Issues
- 220.127.116.11.Data Security and Privacy Issues
- 4.2. Market Share Analysis
- 4.2.1. Clinical Solutions
- 4.2.2. Non-Clinical Solutions
- 4.2.3. U.S.: EHR Market Share Analysis
5. Global Healthcare IT Solutions Market, by Product Type
- 5.1. Introduction
- 5.2. Clinical Solutions
- 5.2.1. Electronic Medical/Health Records (EMR/EHR)
- 5.2.2. M-Health Solutions
- 5.2.3. Population Health Management Solutions
- 5.2.4. Care Management Solutions
- 5.2.5. Telemedicine
- 5.2.6. Laboratory Information Systems
- 5.2.7. Computerized Physician Order Entry
- 5.2.8. Clinical Decision Support Systems
- 5.2.9. Patient Registry Software
- 5.2.10. E-Prescribing System
- 5.2.11. Radiology Information Systems (RIS)
- 5.2.12. Specialty Information Systems
- 5.2.13. Digital Pathology Systems
- 5.2.14. Vendor Neutral Archiving (VNA) / Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS)
- 5.2.15. Other Clinical Solutions
- 5.3. Non-Clinical Solutions
- 5.3.1. Revenue Cycle Management Solutions
- 18.104.22.168. Billing & Accounts Receivable Management
- 22.214.171.124. Claims Processing & Management Software
- 126.96.36.199. Eligibility Verification Solutions
- 188.8.131.52. Pre-Authorization Software
- 184.108.40.206. Medical Necessity Software
- 220.127.116.11. Denial & Appeal Management
- 18.104.22.168. Other Solutions
- 5.3.2.Healthcare Analytics
- 22.214.171.124. Clinical Analytics
- 126.96.36.199. Financial Analytics
- 188.8.131.52. Operational and Administrative Analytics
- 5.3.3. Supply Chain Management Solutions
- 5.3.4. Workforce Management Solutions
- 5.3.5. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- 5.3.6. Medication Management Solutions
- 184.108.40.206. Electronic Medication Administration Software
- 220.127.116.11. Barcode Medication Administration
- 18.104.22.168. Medication Inventory Management Systems
- 22.214.171.124. Medication Assurance Systems
- 5.3.7. Provider Network Management Solutions
- 5.3.8. HIE & Interoperability Solutions
- 5.3.9. Customer Relationship Management Solutions
- 5.3.10. Fraud Management Solutions
- 5.3.11. Other Non-Clinical Solutions
6. Global Healthcare IT Solutions Market, by Component
- 6.1. Introduction
- 6.2. Services
- 6.3. Software
- 6.4. Hardware
7. Global Healthcare IT Solutions Market, by Deployment Mode
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.2. Web & Cloud Based Solutions
- 7.3. On-Premise Solutions
8. Global Healthcare IT Solutions Market, by End User
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.2. Healthcare Providers
- 8.2.1. Hospitals
- 8.2.2. Ambulatory Centers
- 8.2.3. Home Healthcare & Assisted Living Centers
- 8.2.4. Diagnostic Centers
- 8.2.5. Pharmacies
- 8.3. Healthcare Payers
9. Global Healthcare IT Solutions Market, by Geography
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.2. North America
- 9.2.1. U.S.
- 9.2.2. Canada
- 9.3. Europe
- 9.3.1. U.K.
- 9.3.2. Germany
- 9.3.3. France
- 9.3.4. Italy
- 9.3.5. Spain
- 9.3.6. Benelux
- 9.3.7. Nordics
- 9.3.8. Rest of Europe
- 9.4. Asia-Pacific
- 9.4.1. China
- 9.4.2. Japan
- 9.4.3. India
- 9.4.4. South Korea
- 9.4.5. Australia
- 9.4.6. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 9.5. Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
- 9.6. Latin America
- 9.6.1. Brazil
- 9.6.2. Mexico
- 9.6.3. Rest of Latin America
10. Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Introduction
- 10.2. Partnerships, Agreements & Collaborations
- 10.3. New Product Launches & Upgradation
- 10.4. Mergers & Acquisitions
- 10.5. Expansions
11. Company Profiles
- 11.1. Cerner Corporation
- 11.2. Mckesson Corporation
- 11.3. Meditech
- 11.4. International Business Machine Corporation (IBM)
- 11.5. GE Healthcare
- 11.6. Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
- 11.7. Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- 11.8. Infor, Inc.
- 11.9. Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation
- 11.10. Oracle Corporation
- 11.11. athenahealth, Inc.
- 11.12. Dell Technologies Inc.
- 11.13. UnitedHealth Group Incorporated (Optum, Inc.)
- 11.14. Nuance Communications, Inc.
- 11.15. 3M Company
- 11.16. Conifer Health Solutions, LLC.
- 11.17. Quality Systems, Inc.
- 11.18. Computer Programs and Systems, Inc. (CPSI)
- 11.19. Eclinicalworks
- 12.1. Questionnaire
- 12.2. Available Customization