This report is a new 2020 Study which makes an Objective Assessment of the Market for Occupancy Analytics & In-Building Location Based Services in Commercial Office Space to 2024.
Memoori presents a brand new report entitled Occupancy Analytics and In-Building Location Based Services which is our 2nd comprehensive evaluation of these solutions and services in the Commercial Office space. It provides a completely up-to-date assessment of the emerging market for IoT technology platforms, which locate and map people, assets and workspaces.
One major trend reshaping the smart buildings market is the increased focus on occupant-centric workplaces, which has developed over the past few years. Organizations are looking for new ways to attract and retain the best people and empower them to be productive. Shifts in the landscape of work are driving a greater focus on occupant experiences and interactions with buildings. Although challenging to quantify, the impact of employee surroundings on business performance is receiving increased attention.
The tools required to effectively manage and optimize office space utilization have evolved rapidly and their usage is becoming more widespread, with case-studies citing increases in density of 80-90%, as well up to 30% less wasted space.
WHY DO YOU NEED THIS REPORT?
- Discover our global market projections & the striking diversity and range of companies addressing this opportunity. Our research indicates that there are 221 companies actively engaged in providing Occupancy Analytics or Location Based Services to the office buildings sector; of these 49% are based in EMEA predominantly Europe. In total, it is a 44% increase in the number of suppliers we identified 2 years ago.
- Understand how & why the market is growing, with estimated system sales of $2.17 Billion in 2019, rising to $5.73 Billion by 2024, growing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 21.5%.
- What is driving M&A and Investment in this business? Discover how Investment activity in occupancy analytics and location-based services has also seen an unprecedented rise since 2017. In total 70 companies received investment in the last two years. This amounted to $627 million invested over 24 months.
At Memoori, we have decades of experience in the evaluation of building services markets, and regularly publish reports on several building technology areas including Future Proofing Smart Commercial Buildings, Building Internet of Things, StartUps in Smart Buildings, LED Lighting and Physical Security. This has given us a solid grounding on which to build our growth projections.
We estimate that the Occupancy Analytics market in Commercial Office space achieved systems sales of $2.17 Billion in 2019, rising to $5.73 Billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 21.5%.
WITHIN ITS 208 PAGES AND 39 CHARTS AND TABLES, THE REPORT FILTERS OUT ALL THE KEY FACTS AND DRAWS CONCLUSIONS, SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT IS SHAPING THE FUTURE OF OCCUPANCY ANALYTICS IN COMMERCIAL OFFICE SPACE;
- With office densification rates increasing across the world, combined with evidence of poor space utilization and the expectations of occupants for more human and productive environments, the need for workspace management platforms to provide better insight into the repurposing of current workplaces has never been so urgent.
- While established green building certification schemes such as BREEAM and LEED have begun to cover aspects of health and wellbeing within their assessments, over the past 2 years we have seen other third party-validated assessments gaining traction in the market, including WELL, Fitwel and the Leesman+ certification.
- We define Occupancy Analytics and Location Based Services in the Commercial Office space as: Electronic hardware and software used in workplace management and indoor location-based services to enable one or more of the following applications - Optimizing spatial efficiency in the workplace, Improving the location-based experience of building users, People finding, Using location-based data to optimize building and operational performance, Asset tracking.
This report provides valuable information so companies can improve their strategic planning exercises AND look at the potential for developing their business through merger, acquisition and alliance.
WHO SHOULD BUY THIS REPORT?
The information contained in this report will help all stakeholders and investors in commercial real estate to understand the market for spatial and location analytics, a nascent, rapidly evolving market opportunity within the commercial office sector. In particular those wishing to acquire, merge, sell or find alliance partners will find it particularly useful.
Companies Mentioned INCLUDE (but NOT Limited to):
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. Scope
- 1.2. Definitions
- 1.3. Key Office Metrics
2. Use Cases
- 2.1. Overview of Use Cases
- 2.2. Find
- 2.3. Optimize
- 2.4. Personalize
- 2.5. Communicate
- 2.6. Control and Conserve
- 2.7. Secure
3. Platforms and Hardware
- 3.1. Platforms Overview
- 3.2. Workspace Management Platforms
- 3.3. IWMS Platforms
- 3.4. Occupant Engagement Platforms
- 3.5. Indoor Location Based Platforms
- 3.6. IT Infrastructure based Platforms
- 3.7. Connected Lighting Platforms
- 3.8. IoT Platforms
- 3.9. Safety and Security Platforms
- 3.10. Sensors and Sensing Platforms
4. The Global Market in Office Buildings
- 4.1. Market Overview
- 4.2. Global Market Size 2019 & Forecast to 2024
- 4.3. Breakdown of Geographic Regions
5. Key Office Building Case Studies
- 5.1. North America
- 5.2. Asia Pacific
- 5.3. Europe and Middle East
6. Drivers for Growth
- 6.1. Occupant Centricity in the Workplace
- 6.2. Internet of Things in Buildings (BIoT)
- 6.3. Energy Efficiency Drivers
- 6.4. Office Construction Market Growth
- 6.5. Flexible Working Trends
- 6.6. Flexible Offices
7. Barriers to Growth
- 7.1. Diverse Range of Technologies, Vendors and Solutions
- 7.2. Risk Aversion to New Investments
- 7.3. Privacy, Security & Trust
- 7.4. Implementation Costs and Demonstrable ROI
- 7.5. Lack of User Adoption of Mobile Apps
8. Key Regulatory Trends
- 8.1. Relevant Legislation
- 8.2. Workplace Experience and Wellness Standards
9. Structure and Competitive Landscape
- 9.1. Routes to Market
- 9.2. New Entrants
- 9.3. New Business Models: The Smart Building-As-A-Service
10. M&A, Investments and Strategic Alliances
- 10.1. Mergers & Acquisitions
- 10.2. Strategic Investments
- 10.3. Technology Partnerships and Ecosystems
- A1 - Supplier Listing
- A2 - Acquisitions
- A3 - Investments
LIST OF CHARTS AND FIGURES
- Fig 1.1 - Densification of the US Office
- Fig 2.1 - Use Cases Defined by Smart Building Attributes
- Fig 2.2 - Navigating Use Cases for a Human-Centric Office Building
- Fig 3.1 - Number of Platforms by Type
- Fig 3.2 - Workspace Management Platforms
- Fig 3.3 - Integrated Workplace Management Systems (IWMS)
- Fig 3.4 - Occupant Engagement Platforms
- Fig 3.5 - Indoor Location based Platforms
- Fig 3.6 - IT Infrastructure based Platforms
- Fig 3.7 - Connected Lighting Platforms
- Fig 3.8 - IoT Platforms
- Fig 3.9 - Safety and Security Platforms
- Fig 3.10 - Sensors and Sensing Platforms for Occupancy Analytics
- Fig 4.1 - Global Occupancy Analytics Market in Office Buildings 2019 - 2024 ($Bn)
- Fig 4.2 - Occupancy Analytics Market in Office Buildings by Region 2019 - 2024 ($m)
- Fig 4.3 - EMEA Occupancy Analytics Market in Office Buildings 2019 - 2024 ($m)
- Fig 4.4 - North America Occupancy Analytics Market in Office Buildings 2019 - 2024 ($m)
- Fig 4.5 - Asia Pacific EMEA Occupancy Analytics Market in Office Buildings 2019 - 2024 ($m)
- Fig 6.1 - Commercial Smart Building Related IoT Device Projections by Vertical Market / Millions of Devices 2017 - 2022
- Fig 6.2 - Global Office Completions 2000 - 2021 (Millions Sq.M)
- Fig 9.1 - Geographic Distribution of Companies engaged in Occupancy Analytics and In-Building Location Based Services
- Fig 10.1 - Range of Buyers and Investors Circling the Smart Commercial Office Space
LIST OF TABLES
- Table 2.1 - Find Use Cases in Office Buildings
- Table 2.2 - Optimize Use Cases in Office Buildings
- Table 2.3 - Personalize Use Cases in Office Buildings
- Table 2.4 - Communicate Use Cases in Office Buildings
- Table 2.5 - Control and Conserve Use Cases in Office Buildings
- Table 2.6 - Secure Use Cases in Office Buildings
- Table 3.1 - Definition of Platform and Hardware Types
- Table 5.1 - Deployments in North American Office Buildings
- Table 5.2 - Deployments in Asia Pacific Office Buildings
- Table 5.3 - Deployments in Europe and Middle Eastern Office Buildings
- Table 8.1 - Wellness and Workplace Employee Experience Standards and Certification
- Table 9.1 - Number of Companies in Occupancy Analytics and In-Building Location Based Services
- Table 9.2 - New Entrants in Occupancy Analytics and In-Building Location Based Services
- Table 10.1 Highest Funding Rounds in Occupancy Analytics 2018 - 2019