Juniper's innovative research into the Smart Appliances market evaluates the future of this Smart Home segment, including the opportunities for hardware vendors and eCommerce players. The research investigates the up-and-coming market for connected appliances, the factors constraining its growth, and strategic recommendations on how to capitalise on this expanding market.
This research suite includes:
- Market Trends & Opportunities (PDF)
- 5 Year Market Sizing & Forecast (Excel)
- Trend Appraisal: In-depth evaluation of the smart home appliance market providing insights on key drivers and constraints for adoption and development.
- Stakeholder Analysis: Key player analysis and market status assessment for hardware vendors and eCommerce service providers.
- Vendor Rankings: Heat map assessment of smart appliance vendors and Leaderboard ranking.
- Sector Dynamics: Investigates recent market movements in the smart appliance industry and future roadmap.
- Benchmark industry forecasts for adoption of appliances, revenues from hardware sales and the opportunity for eCommerce service providers.
- 1. What is the current state of the smart appliance market and how will it evolve?
- 2. Which regions will present the most opportunities for hardware vendors and eCommerce players over the next 5 years?
- 3. Who are the key players in the industry, and how do their respective offerings compare?
- 4. How big will the future opportunity for eCommerce service providers be in the smart appliance segment?
- 5. What are the future opportunities for hardware vendors in the smart appliance market?
Alphabet, Amazon, Andrex, Apple, Arrayent, Bosch, Crockpot, Electrolux, Fresh Direct, GE (General Electric), Hoover, Hotpoint, InstaCart, June, LG Electronics, Mastercard, Ocado, Samsung, ShopRite, Siemens, Smarter, Whirlpool, Woolworths.
Data & Interactive Forecast
Juniper's Smart Appliances forecast suite includes:
- Regional data splits for 8 key regions, as well as country level splits for:
- South Korea
- Segment splits for:
- Smart Refrigerator/Freezer Units
- Other Smart Appliances
- Revenues splits for:
- Hardware sales revenue
- eCommerce revenues
- Access to the full set of forecast data of 49 tables and over 6,300 data points.
- Interactive Scenario tool allowing user the ability to manipulate Juniper's data for 8 different metrics.
Juniper Research's highly granular interactive excels enable clients to manipulate Juniper's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool; and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.
Table of Contents
1. Smart Appliances: Key Takeaways & Strategic Recommendations
- 1.1. Key Findings & Market Summary
- Figure 1.1: Smart Appliances Market Summary - 2021
- 1.1.1. Hardware Revenue Opportunities
- 1.1.2. eCommerce Opportunities
- 1.2. Strategic Recommendations
- 1.2.1. Hardware Manufacturers
- l.2.2. eCommerce Players
2. Smart Appliances: Player Analysis & Market Opportunities
- 2.1. Smart Appliances: Current Market Status
- 2.1.1. Market Developments Since 2015
- 2.1.2. Smart Appliances as Part of the Smart Home Ecosystem
- Figure 2.2: Juniper Phased Evolution Model - Smart Appliances
- 2.1.3. Integration with Other Smart Home Components
- Figure 2.3: Juniper Smart Appliances in the Smart Home Ecosystem
- 2.1.4. The Smart Appliance Opportunity
- i. Case Study: Amazon Dash
- Figure 2.4: Amazon Dash Button (Andrex)
- ii. Case Study: Samsung Family Hub Refrigerator
- Figure 2.5: Samsung Smart Hub
- Figure 2.6: Smart Appliance Market - Trends, Drivers & Constraints
- 2.2. Market Opportunities
- 2.2.1. Stakeholder Analysis
- Figure 2.7: Future Smart Appliance eCommerce Players
- i. Hardware Manufacturer Opportunities
- ii. eCommerce Opportunities
- iii. Logistics & Brand Name Opportunities
- Figure 2.8: Future Smart Appliance Ecosystem
- 2.2.2. Market Hurdles
- i. For Vendors
- Figure 2.9: Average Life Expectancy per Appliance (years)
- ii. For eCommerce Service Providers
- 2.2.3. Regional Analysis
- Figure 2.10: 0nline Grocery Presence by Country
- iv. Case Study: Amazon Fresh
- Figure 2.11. Key Smart Appliance Revenue Generating Markets in 2016
- 2.3. Smart Appliance Manufacturer Analysis
- Figure 2.12: Juniper Research Selected Hardware Manufacturer Information & Comparison
- Figure 2.13: Selected Smart Appliance Hardware Manufacturer Analysis
- 2.3.1. eCommerce Player Analysis
- i. Purely eCommerce Entrant
- ii. eCommerce & Logistics Supplier
- Figure 2.14: Selected eCommerce Player Analysis
- 2.5. Vendor Assessment
- 2.5.1. Vendor Assessment Methodology
- Figure 2.15: Player Criteria
- 2.6. Limitations & Interpretations
- Figure 2.16: Smart Appliances Player Positioning & Matrix Results
- Figure 2.17: Juniper Heatmap for the Smart Appliance Market
- i. Established Leaders
- ii. Leading Challengers
- iii. Disruptors & Emulators
- 2.6.2. Smart Appliance Segments: Future Roadmap
- Figure 2.1. 8: Juniper Smart Appliance Roadmap
3. Smart Appliance: Market Forecasts & Key Takeaways
- 3.1. Market Sizing & Forecast Methodology
- 3.1.1. Smart Appliance Forecast Methodology
- Figure 3.1:Smart Refrigerator/Freezer Forecast Methodology
- Figure 3.2: Other Smart Appliance Forecast Methodology
- 3.2. Smart Appliances Forecast Summary
- 3.2.1. Revenue Forecasts: Total Smart Appliances Revenue Stream
- Figure & Table 3.3: Total Smart Appliance Revenues ($m)Split by 2 Key Revenues Streams 2016-2021
- 3.2.2. Device Forecasts: Total Smart Appliances
- Figure & Table 3.4: Number of Total Connected Smart Appliances (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2016-2021
- 3.3. Smart Refrigerator/Freezers Forecasts
- 3.3.1. Number of Connected Refrigerator/Freezers
- Figure & Table 3.5: Number of Connectivity-Capable Refrigerator/Freezers that are Connected (m)Split by 8 Key Regions 2016-2021
- 3.3.2. Total Connectivity-Capable Refrigerator/Freezer Shipments
- Figure & Table 3.6: Total Connectivity-Capable Refrigerator/Freezer Shipments (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2016-2021
- 3.3.3. Total Spend on Food Ordered through Connected Smart Refrigerators/Freezers
- Figure & Table 3.7: Total Spend on Food & Sundries Ordered through Connected Smart Refrigerators/Freezers ($m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2016-2021
- 3.3.4. Total Hardware Revenues from Smart Refrigerator/Freezer Units
- Figure & Table 3.8: Total Hardware Revenues from Smart Refrigerator/Freezer Units ($m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2016-2021
- 3.4. Other Smart Appliances Forecasts
- 3.4.1. Number of Connected Other Smart Appliances
- Figure & Table 3.9: Number of Other Smart Appliances that are Connected (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2016-2021
- 3.4.2. Shipments of Other Smart Appliances
- Figure & Table 3.1O: Shipments of Other Smart Appliances Shipped per Annum (m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2016-2021
- 3.4.3. Total Hardware Revenues from Other Smart Appliance Shipments
- Figure & Table 3.11: Total Hardware Revenues from Other Smart Appliance Shipments ($m) Split by 8 Key Regions 2016-2021