In this ever-evolving sector, Juniper Research has produced its most comprehensive and in-depth study into the Digital TV & Video market to date, examining future technologies as well as current market trends and strategic opportunities for both traditional networks, and disruptive OTT players.
Juniper's Digital TV & Video research includes a sector breakdown of trends and opportunities for both OTTs and traditional providers, as well as assessing monetisation strategies, key players, and future developments, alongside a series of key takeaways for each segment.
This research suite comprises:
- Market Trends & Competitive Landscape (PDF)
- 5 Year Market Sizing & Forecast (PDF & Excel)
- Executive Summary & Core Findings (PDF)
- Quick Guide (PDF)
- Industry Insights: into the current market layout as well as future opportunities, including the following Juniper models:
- Strategy Quadrant analysis
- Player Positioning Quadrant
- Sector Dynamics analysis
- Sector Dynamics: Strategic assessment of key sector developments including:
- Immediate and anticipated opportunities, across key segments;
- In-depth evaluation of the primary challenges and opportunities facing players across the value chain.
- Case studies: highlighting the current and emerging players in the digital TV & video industry, alongside key player strengths and weaknesses:
- Interviews with leading players across the digital landscape, including:
- Gray TV
- Juniper Leaderboard: Key player capability and capacity assessment of 12 Digital TV & Video vendors.
- Benchmark Industry Forecasts: for users of OTT services, revenue and advertising spend, as well as total data usage.
- 1. Will we see OTTs make a push for sports content, and if so how would they monetise this?
- 2. How much are OTTs and traditional providers spending on original content creation?
- 3. What strategies can traditional providers adopt to keep pace with OTTs?
- 4. What is the revenue share according to monetisation/delivery type?
- 5. What are the key takeaways and strategic recommendations from our analysis?
- Interviewed: Connekt, Didja, Gray TV, Ostmodern, Roku, Vewd.
- Profiled: Amazon, AT&T, BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation), BT, Comcast, HBO (Home Box Office), Hulu, iFlix, Netflix, Roku, Sky, YouTube.
- Case Studied: Amazon, Connekt, Didja, HBO (Home Box Office), Netflix, NOW TV, Ostmodern, Periscope, Vewd,
- Mentioned: 20th Century Fox, A&E Networks, ABC, Adobe, Adult Swim, Alphabet, Apple, Arsenal.com, BEREC (Bureau of European Regulators for Electronic Communications), Best Buy, BFI, Bloomberg, Brightline, Cablevision Optimum, Cartoon Network, CBS, Channel 4, Charter, Chromecast, Cinemax, Clippit, CNN, Comedy Central, DirecTV, Discovery, Dish, Disney, DreamHack, DreamWorks, ECOnet, EE, Element, Endemol, Epix, ESL, esl_csgo, ESPN, ETNO (European Telecommunications Network Operators), Facebook, FaceIt, Fox, Freeview, Ginx, Globe, Google, Hisense, IFC Films, Innovid, Insignia, iQiyi, ITU, ITV, LG, Lifetime, Lionsgate, Marvel, MGM, Miramax, MTV Networks, National Geographic, NBC Universal, News Corp, Nielsen, Nintendo, Nippon Television Network, O2, Oculus, Paramount, PBS, Philips, Philo, PLDT, RCA, riotgames, Samsung, Sharp, Showtime, SlingTV, Sony, Spotify, Sprint, Star India, STARZ, Sundance Selects, Swisscom, syndicate, TalkTalk, TCL, Telstra, The CW, Time Warner, Turner Broadcasting Systems, Twitch, Twitter, UltraFlix, Univision, Valve, Verizon, VEVO, Virgin, Vodafone, Warner Bros, Xfinity, Yahoo, Youview.
Data & Interactive Forecast
The Digital TV & Video forecast suite includes:
- Regional data splits by 8 key regions, alongside country level splits for:
- South Korea
- Market split by sector:
- SVOD (Subscription Video on Demand)
- Subscription revenues, subscriber numbers, pricing.
- TVOD (Transaction Video on Demand)
- User numbers, total downloads, pricing.
- FVOD (Free Video on Demand)
- User numbers, advert impressions, advertiser spend.
- Global breakdown by provider: Facebook, YouTube, Others
- Subscribers, average revenue per user, total revenues.
- Device splits for:
- Desktop & Laptop PCs
- Connected TV
- 4K and 8K forecasts for Digital TV & Video.
- Interactive Scenario Tool allowing users to manipulate Juniper's data for 17 different metrics.
- Access to the full set of forecast data of just under 300 tables and over 44,000 data points.