Juniper Research's latest ‘Mobile Operator’ research provides industry executives with key insights in, and thorough assessment of, threats to existing business models, new and emerging business models shaping the market, and new revenue opportunities expected to disrupt the market for the next five years.
The new study, ‘Mobile Operator Business Models: Challenges, Opportunities & Strategies 2019-2024’, quantifies the nature and scale of the threats and opportunities in the network operator market; ranging from declining ARPUs and margins to evolving data usage and various new revenue opportunities. The report identifies key new opportunities for network operators, including M2M connectivity & enablement of A2P messaging, among others; assessing their viability and value over the next five years.
Additionally, the research also provides a comparative, heatmap-based assessment of the capabilities and strategies of 25 leading global operators in Juniper Research's Mobile Operator Innovation Index.
This research suite comprises:
- Market Trends & Opportunities (PDF)
- 5-Year Market Sizing & Forecast Spreadsheet (Excel)
- 12 Months' Access to harvest Online Data Platform
- Strategic Guide: Assessment of the status quo in the telecommunications market including the threats posed by OTTs and declining revenues, as well as MNOs' strategies and business models.
- Strategic Recommendations: Detailed strategic recommendations, supported by heatmaps in three key sectors of the telecommunications market: the consumer, enterprise and public spaces.
- Juniper Research Innovation Index: Positioning and strategic evaluation of 25 key global mobile network operators, including:
- América Móvil
- Bharti Airtel
- China Mobile
- China Telecom
- China Unicom
- Deutsche Telekom
- MTS (Mobile TeleSystems)
- Philippines Globe Telecom
- Reliance Jio
- STC (Saudi Telecom Company)
- Vodafone Idea
- Benchmark Industry Forecasts: Market forecasts for total mobile subscribers, operator-billed revenues, mobile subscriber data usage and new revenue opportunities.
- 1. What are the revenue opportunities in the MNOs' space?
- 2. What business models and strategies are MNOs adopting in response to challenges in the market?
- 3. What opportunities and challenges are shaping other revenue streams, such as mobile data, networks, mobile money and billing?
- 4. Which operators are best placed to innovate over the next 5 years?
- 5. How will MNOs' revenues develop over the next 5 years?
- Case Studied: Juvo, PM Connect.
- Interviewed: Deutsche Telekom, Gemalto, Juvo, PM Connect.
- Included in Innovation Index: América Móvil, AT&T, Axiata, Bharti Airtel, BSNL, China Mobile, China Telecom, China Unicom, Deutsche Telekom, Etisalat, MegaFon, MTN, MTS, Ooredoo, Orange, Philippines Globe Telecom, Reliance Jio, STC, Telefónica, Telenor, Telkomsel, VEON, Verizon, Vodafone, Vodafone Idea.
- Mentioned: 3GPP, 9Pay, ABB, Accenture, Affirmed Networks, Alibaba, Amazon, American Tower, Apple, Arkessa, Arrow Electronics, Bite, BMW, BNetzA, BT Group, CAICT (China Academy of Information and Communications Technology), Celcom, Charter Communications, China Tower, Cisco, Citizens Bank, Claro, Coca-Cola, Comarch, Comcast, Cox Communications, Crown Castle, Dailymotion, Deezer, Dell, EE, Ellevio, Emirates Integrated Telecommunication Company, EngageIP, Equitel, Ericsson, Escort Agri Machinery, ETB, ETSI (European Telecommunications Standards Institute), EVN, ExRobotics, Facebook, FCC (Federal Communications Commission), Federal Telecommunications Institute Mexico, Fidor Bank, Finserve Africa, General Motors, Giesecke+Devrient, GlobalConnect, Google, GSMA, HBO, HT-Mobile, Huawei, Hulu, Hutchison, Hyperledger, Hyundai Motor Group, IBM, IM3, Indosat, Intel, IoT.nxt, Iusacell, Jaguar Land Rover, Jawwy TV Home, Jazz, Juniper Networks, Kakao Talk, KDDI, KPN, LECO (Lanka Electricity Company), Let's Talk, LINE, LiveFootball.tv, Loop Mobile, LycaMobile, Mahindra, Mail.ru, Maruti Suzuki, MediaTek, Microsoft, Midco, Mobifone, Mobile Authentication Taskforce, Morpho, Movistar, National Telecommunications Agency, NBA, NEC, Netcracker, Netflix, Ngena, NIST (National Institution of Standards and Technology), Nokia, O2, Oberthur, Ofcom, ONE Nordic, PayPal, Proximus, Red Hat, Remitly, Renault Nissan, S Phone, Safaricom, Salesforce, Samsung, Satelindo, SBA Communications, Sberbank, Scania, Shell, SK Telecom, Skype, Smart, Smartfren, Spotify, Sprint, Sri Lanka Telecom, StraightPath, Sun, Sunsea AIoT, Tata Teleservices, Telcel, Tele2, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Telia, Telkom, Telmex, Telstra, Tencent, Tesco, Tigo, Tinkoff Bank, T-Mobile, Transferwise, Trapollo, Tri, Turner, Uber, Uninor, VALID, Vietnamobile, Viettel, VimpelCom, Vinaphone, Virgin Media, Vivo, Vodacom, Volvo Cars, VTR, WarnerMedia, WeChat, WhatsApp, Workz Group, WorldRemit, WWE, Xiaomi, XL/AXIS, Xpand, ZTE.
Data & Interactive Forecast
The ‘Mobile Operator’ forecast suite includes:
- Market data splits for 8 key regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- West Europe
- Central & East Europe
- Far East & China
- Indian Subcontinent
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Africa & Middle East
- Segment splits by data usage category:
- Mobile Downloads
- Mobile Messaging
- Mobile Web Browsing
- Social Media
- Maps & Navigation
- Audio Streaming
- Video Streaming
- Segment splits by operators' value-added services
- Big Data & Analytics
- M2M Connectivity & Enablement
- A2P Messaging
- Mobile Commerce Services
- Carrier Billing
- Mobile Identity
- What-If Analysis tool allowing user the ability to manipulate Juniper's data.
- Access to the full set of forecast data of more than 17 tables and nearly 798 datapoints.
Juniper Research's highly granular Interactive Excels (IFxls) enable clients to manipulate Juniper Research's forecast data and charts to test their own assumptions using the Interactive Scenario Tool, and compare select markets side by side in customised charts and tables. IFxls greatly increase clients' ability to both understand a particular market and to integrate their own views into the model.