Product Code: M20570MRA
This report provides answers to the following questions:
- What is FWA (fixed wireless access) and what level of service does it currently offer?
- What will the advent of 5G change for fixed wireless access?
- When will 5G FWA solutions become available?
- Why deploy 5G FWA?
- What are the key variables in 5G FWA rollouts?
The report also provides estimates of the 5G FWA market's potential up to 2025, both worldwide and for the following regions:
- North America
- Southern and Central America
- The Middle East and Africa
Focus for the main European countries: France, Spain, the UK, Germany and Italy.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. 5G: a new era for FWA?
- 2.1 What are the key issues and challenges surrounding FWA today?
- 2.2. What new features will 5G bring to FWA?
- 2.3. What 5G FWA initiatives are currently underway?
- 2.4. What 5G FWA products are currently available?
- 2.5. What 5G trials are currently underway?
3. Are the resources needed for 5G FWA rollouts ready?
- 3.1. Are the resources needed for 5G FWA rollouts ready?
- 3.2. Vendors strategies
- 3.2.1. Ericsson
- 3.2.2. Huawei
- 3.2.3. Nokia
- 3.2.4. ZTE
- 3.2.5. Samsung
- 3.2.6. Casa Systems/Netcom
- 3.2.7. Adtran
4. Enablers and impediments to FWA rollouts
- 4.1. Operators' 5G FWA rollouts: issues and challenges
- 4.2. How does 5G FWA compare to other technologies?
5. 5G FWA markets in 2025
- 5.1. North America
- 5.2. Southern and Central America
- 5.3. Europe
- 5.4. The Middle East and Africa
- 5.5. Asia-Pacific
6. Focus: 5G FW European markets in 2025
- 6.1. France
- 6.2. Germany
- 6.3. Italy
- 6.4. Spain
- 6.5. The UK
7. Can 5G FWA rival FTTH?
- 7.1. Market potential worldwide
- 7.2. 5G FWA will not kill fibre, but it will have a considerable influence on both fixed and mobile operators' strategies
- Methodology used to evaluate the FWA market