159-page report on the current and future industrial connectivity landscape including:
- Market sizing & forecast 2019 to 2024
- Market segmentation by:
- 15 different industrial connectivity component types, including hardware, software, solutions and services
- 3 regions (AMERICAS, APAC and EMEA) and 46 countries
- 2 industries (process and discrete) and 10 sub-industries
- Vendor market share analysis for each of the 15 different component types
- Adoption rate projections for 4 types of industrial connectivity architectures and 4 types of industrial connectivity protocols
- Discussion of 50+ industrial connectivity trends
- 13 Detailed industrial connectivity case studies + Database of 60 industrial connectivity case studies
- Database of 350+ industrial connectivity companies, organized by hardware, software, service and solution offerings
The‘ Industrial Connectivity Market Report 2019-2014 ’is part of IoT Analytics' ongoing coverage of IoT Connectivity. The information presented in this report is based on extensive primary and secondary research, including 38 interviews with industrial connectivity experts and end users conducted between December 2018 and July 2019.
- How big the overall industrial connectivity market is and how fast the market is growing
- How the industrial connectivity market is developing across 3 regions (46 countries), 2 industries (10 sub-industries) and 4 components (15 segments)
- Which industrial connectivity vendors are market leaders (30+ leaders across 15 categories)
- How factories and machinery OEMs are adopting 4 different types of industrial connectivity architectures
- Which industrial connectivity protocols are experiencing the greatest growth in adoption rates
- How factories and OEMs are deploying industrial connectivity to reduce costs, increase revenues, reduce risks and comply with regulations (13 detailed case studies)
QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN THIS REPORT:
- What is industrial connectivity (i.e., an industrial connectivity definition)?
- What is the size of the overall industrial connectivity market, by component, region, and industry?
- What are the most common architectures for achieving industrial connectivity, and how will this change in the future?
- What the most common protocols used between each layer of the connectivity stack, and how will this change in the future?
- What types of hardware are used to achieve industrial connectivity, who are the leading suppliers, and how will the landscape change in the future?
- What types of software are used to achieve industrial connectivity, who are the leading suppliers, and how will the landscape change in the future?
- What types of services are used to achieve industrial connectivity, who are the leading suppliers, and how will the landscape change in the future?
- What types of solutions are used to achieve industrial connectivity, who are the leading suppliers, and how will the landscape change in the future?
- What are some examples of factories and OEMs using industrial connectivity to create value (i.e., industrial connectivity case study analysis)?
- What are some key trends in the industrial connectivity space?
AT A GLANCE
The market for industrial connectivity hardware, software, services and solutions is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5% to $51.4B by 2024. Industrial connectivity hardware will attract the majority of the spending throughout forecast period, but the faster-growing software and services segments will take an increasing share of the spend by 2024 as technology continues to disrupt the traditional automation stack and reduce the costs associated with collecting data from industrial assets.
This report explores 3 different dimensions of industrial connectivity: architectures, components and protocols. Each dimension is comprised of multiple segments which are analyzed from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective based on primary and secondary research.
The first chapter of the report analyzes the market for industrial connectivity hardware, software, services and solutions by component, region and industry.
The second chapter takes a deep-dive into the 4 types different industrial connectivity architectures, including selection criteria, projected adoption rates and trends.
The Industrial Connectivity Market Report looks at the market for each of the different industrial connectivity components (hardware, software, services and solutions) as well as their sub-elements (gateways, remote I/O, controllers, etc.). Subsequent chapters break down the 3 types of industrial connectivity protocols and provides an in-depth analysis of the protocols that are gaining traction in the market.
The report includes a deep-dive into 13 industrial connectivity case studies and highlights 3 key trends that emerged from the case study analysis.
Table of Contents
Industrial Connectivity Market Report 2019-2024
1. Introduction to Industrial Connectivity
2. Market Sizing and Outlook
- 2.1. Overall
- 2.2. By Region
- 2.3. By Industry
- 3.1. Overview
- 3.2. Selection Criteria
- 3.3. Market Shares
- 3.4. Trends
- 4.1. Hardware
- 4.1.1. Remote I/O
- 4.1.2. Controllers
- 4.1.3. Gateways
- 4.2. Software
- 4.2.1. Cloud / App Specific Software
- 4.2.2. Cloud / App Agnostic Software
- 4.3. Services
- 4.3.1. OT Systems Integrators
- 4.3.2. IT Systems Integrators
- 4.4. Solutions
- 4.4.1. VPN Solutions
- 4.4.2. Data Collection Solutions
- 5.1. Overview
- 5.2. I/O Protocols
- 5.3. OT Protocols
- 5.4. IT Protocols
6. Case Studies
- 6.1. Overview
- 6.2. Trends
- 6.3. Deep-Dives
7. Definitions and Methodology
8. About IoT Analytics