135-page report on the current state and trends of the IoT Cloud Computing Market including:
- Detailed overview and explanation of the 6 main public cloud building blocks and their relevance for the IoT (infrastructure, runtime software, platform services, applications, management, and services)
- Competitive landscape analysis for the leading hyperscalers, including an analysis of more than 250 IoT case studies and the cloud services used
- Market sizing of the public cloud market for IoT PaaS and IoT IaaS including a forecast to 2026 and a breakdown by country and segment.
- 24 public Cloud reference architectures for common IoT use cases (e.g., AWS asset condition monitoring reference architecture, Microsoft connected vehicle reference architecture)
- 7 recent trends & developments in the Cloud market for IoT
- A separate project database in Excel with 130+ IoT cloud projects, including a project description, industry, sources, involved companies, IoT Cloud components used in the case study, vendors and estimated size of the project
The ‘IoT Cloud Computing Market Report 2021-2026’ is part of IoT Analytics' ongoing coverage of IoT software and platforms. The information presented in this report is based on the results of multiple surveys, secondary research as well as qualitative research i.e., interviews with 20 cloud experts from vendors and end users between July 2020 to October 2021. The document includes definitions for (IoT) cloud computing, market projections, adoption drivers, competitive landscapes, key trends and developments, and case studies.
The main purpose of this document is to help our readers understand the current IoT Cloud Computing landscape by defining, sizing, and analyzing the market.
Please note: This report is a deep-dive on IoT in the public cloud.
Questions answered in this report:
- How big is the IoT Cloud computing market and how fast it is growing across the following dimensions?
- By type: IoT PaaS vs. IoT IaaS
- By vertical (13 segments)
- By country/region (57 countries)
- What are some of the main trends and developments in the IoT cloud market?
- How big are the major hyperscalers in the IoT cloud segment?
- How do typical IoT public cloud architectures look like?
- How do IoT public cloud architectures look like in specific projects?
At a glance:
The report compares the typical IoT cloud setup to the overall tech stack of cloud computing. Each part of the tech stack is defined and put into context. The main products of each of the top 3 hyperscalers (AWS, Microsoft, Google) are depicted.
The report provides insights into the offerings, market shares and key customers industries of the leading hyperscalers and gives an overview of the competitive landscape.
Publicly available case studies are analysed and quantified.
The report includes a market sizing of the IoT portion of the public cloud market including a forecast to 2026, a breakdown by regions and segments.
17 detailed case studies of end-users show the architecture and the vendors in use.
A dedicated chapter highlights 23 reference architectures that can act as a blueprint for different IoT use case e.g., connected car, remote monitoring.
A database of known IoT projects using the public cloud is included as a separate file.
Selected companies from the report:
Alibaba, Alphabet (Google), AWS (Amazon), Microsoft, Salesforce, VMWare , and more.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
- 2.1. Definition of Cloud
- 2.2. Definition and Scope of Cloud for IoT
- 2.3. Public Cloud Building Blocks
- 2.3.1. Overview of 31 Building Blocks
- 2.3.2. Definitions and Examples for each Building Block
3. IoT Services in the Cloud
- 3.1. Microsoft, AWS, Google Cloud Products
- 3.2. IoT data management & analytics
4. Market Size and Outlook
- 4.1. Overall enterprise IT spending 2020
- 4.2. IoT PaaS and IoT IaaS spending in the context of overall public cloud spending
- 4.3. Total IoT cloud spending (IoT IaaS + IoT PaaS)
- 4.4. Total IoT cloud spending (IoT IaaS + IoT PaaS), by type
- 4.5. Overall IaaS spending vs. spending on IoT IaaS
- 4.6. Overall platform spending (excl. IoT) vs. spending on IoT platforms
- 4.7. Overall IoT public cloud spending, by industry
- 4.8. Overall IoT public cloud spending, by region
5. Competitive Landscape
- 5.1. IoT cloud competitive landscape overview
- 5.2. Deep dive: The leading IoT cloud vendors
- 5.3. Overview of business, offerings, IoT architecture, and most used services:
- 5.3.1. Microsoft
- 5.3.2. AWS
- 5.3.3. Google Cloud
6. Cloud Case Studies
- 6.1. Four detailed case studies
- 6.2. 13 case studies based on an extensive survey of senior cloud experts on their IoT cloud setup
- 6.2.1. Other Comments on IoT Cloud Architectures on IoT Cloud from End Users
7. Reference Architectures
8. Trends and Developments
9. Methodology and Market Definitions
10. About IoT Analytics