This report is the 5 th edition of a study of the scandium market in the world, in the CIS countries and in Russia.
The market has been monitored since 2001 .
The purpose of the study is to analyze the global and Russian market for scandium and its compounds, as well as its redistribution chains in the aerospace industry and the production of solid oxide fuel cells.
The objects of study are scandium-containing ores and technogenic deposits and production wastes, various scandium compounds (mainly oxide), metallic Sc and alumoscandium alloys and alloys.
This review is the most complete among those presented on the information market on this topic, and claims to be a reference guide, since the scandium market is very closed and statistics are incomplete.
The use of data without additional careful analysis can lead to the adoption of erroneous management decisions by marketing services and specialists working in the scandium market.
A distinctive feature of this study is that it presents a detailed analysis of the market for scandium and compounds in the CIS, which allows avoiding mistakes made by the authors of similar studies conducted by other companies.
This work is a desk study . The sources of information were data from Rosstat, the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation, statistics were used by the US State Geological Survey (USGS), data from the UNdata database, industry and regional press, annual and quarterly reports of securities issuers, as well as the websites of scandium producers and its connections.
Chronological scope of the study: 2001-2020; forecast - 2021-2030
Geography of research: the world market is considered briefly, the market of the Russian Federation and the CIS countries - in detail.
The report consists of 9 Sections , contains 110 pages , including 24 figures , 26 tables .
The first chapter of the report is devoted to the mineral resource base and production of scandium and its compounds abroad. It provides information on world production, scandium prices in the United States and its fields of application.
The second chapter of the report examines the mineral resource base of scandium in the Russian Federation and the CIS countries. The chapter provides a brief description of the balance deposits of scandium, as well as promising raw material objects.
The third chapter analyzes the foreign trade operations of the CIS countries with scandium and its compounds in 2001-2020. The data on the volumes of export and import of the studied products by countries, suppliers and recipients are given.
The fourth chapter is devoted to Russian export-import prices for scandium, its compounds and scandium ligatures in 2004-2020.
The fifth chapter provides information on the production of scandium and scandium compounds in the CIS in 2001-2020. The main manufacturers are considered. GOSTs and TUs for manufactured scandium products are presented.
The sixth chapter is devoted to new projects for the extraction of scandium in the CIS from ore and technogenic raw materials.
The seventh chapter analyzes the state of the main consuming industries: the aerospace industry and the production of solid oxide fuel cells.
The eighth chapter estimates the consumption of scandium in the CIS in 2001-2020.
The ninth chapter provides an assessment of the dynamics of scandium production in Russia until 2030.
The appendix contains contact information for the producers of scandium and its compounds.
Target audience of the study:
- scandium market participants - producers, consumers, traders;
The proposed study claims to be a reference manual for marketing services and specialists making management decisions working in the markets for these products.
Table of Contents
1. Brief description of the world market of scandium
- 1.1. Scandium mineral resource base
- 1.2. World production of scandium in 2009-2020
- 1.3. Scandium applications
- 1.4. World Scandium Projects
- Nungan Project (Australia)
- SCONI project (Australia)
- Owendale Project (Australia, New South Wales)
- Sunrise-Syerston Project (Australia)
- Round Top Mountain Project (USA, Texas)
- Scandium mining project from coal ash (USA, Pennsylvania)
- Elk Creek Project (USA, Nebraska)
- 1.5. Prices for scandium and its compounds in the USA in 2003-2019
2. Mineral resource base of scandium in the CIS
- 2.1. Russia
- 2.2. Ukraine
- 2.3. Kazakhstan
3. Export-import operations with scandium products in the CIS in 2001-2020.
- 3.1. Russia
- 3.1.1. Export of oxide and salts of scandium in 2001-2020
- 3.1.2. Scandium oxide imports in 2001-2020
- 3.1.3. Scandium metal exports in 2001-2020
- 3.1.4. Scandium metal imports in 2001-2020
- 3.1.5. Export of alumoskandium alloy in 2001-2020
- 3.1.6. Import of alumoskandium alloy in 2001-2020
- 3.2. Ukraine
- 3.3. Kazakhstan
4. Export-import prices in Russia for scandium, its compounds and scandium ligatures in 2001-2020.
5. Production of scandium and its compounds in the CIS countries in 2001-2020.
- 5.1. Extraction and processing of scandium-containing raw materials, production of scandium products in the CIS countries
- 5.2. The main manufacturers of scandium products in the CIS
- 5.2.1. Operating enterprises
- 220.127.116.11. CJSC Dalur (Russia, Kurgan region)
- 18.104.22.168. Ural Aluminum Plant (Sverdlovsk Region, Kamensk-Uralsky)
- 22.214.171.124. MAST LLP (Kazakhstan, Stepnogorsk)
- 126.96.36.199. Other manufacturers of scandium products in the Russian Federation
- 5.2.2. CIS enterprises that ceased production of scandium
- 188.8.131.52. JSC "Hydrometallurgical Plant" / LLC Intermix Met "(Russia, Stavropol Territory, Lermontov)
- 184.108.40.206. PJSC "VSMPO-AVISMA" (Russia, Sverdlovsk region, Berezniki)
- 220.127.116.11. SE "Eastern Mining and Processing Plant" (Ukraine, Zheltye Vody)
- 18.104.22.168. OJSC "Kaskor" (Kazakhstan, Caspian MMC)
- 22.214.171.124. JSC "Ust-Kamenogorsk Titanium and Magnesium Plant" (Kazakhstan)
- 126.96.36.199. Plant "Crimean Titan" (Armyansk, Crimea)
- 188.8.131.52. Other businesses
- 5.3. Scandium production volumes in Russia in 2014-2020
6. Projects for the production of scandium and scandium products in the CIS countries
- 6.1. Project for the production of alumoscandium master alloys and alloys at the enterprises of UC RUSAL
- 6.2. The project of obtaining scandium from the tailings of JSC "EVRAZ Kachkanarsky GOK"
- 6.3. Tomtor field development project
- 6.4. Project for the extraction of scandium from the "red mud" of the Bogoslovsk aluminum plant
- 6.5. Projects for obtaining scandium from waste of Ukrainian enterprises
- 6.6. Project for the associated production of scandium from productive waters of underground leaching of uranium deposits in Kazakhstan
7. Analysis of the state of consuming industries
- Aerospace industry
- Solid oxide fuel cells
8. Consumption of scandium and its compounds in the CIS in 2001-2020.
9. Forecast of production and consumption of scandium in the Russian Federation until 2030
Appendix: Address book of the main producers of scandium products in the CIS
List of Tables
- Table 1. Scandinogenicity of man-made waste
- Table 2. Compositions of industrial wrought aluminum alloys alloyed with scandium
- Table 3. Dynamics of prices for scandium and its compounds on the US market in 2003-2019, $ / kg, $ / g
- Table 4. Deposits of scandium in Russia accounted for by the State Balance as of 01.01.2007
- Table 5. Main Russian exporters of scandium oxide in 2001-2020, kg
- Table 6. Directions of export supplies of scandium compounds from Russia in 2001-2020, kg
- Table 7. Foreign recipients of scandium oxide from Russia in 2002-2020, kg
- Table 8. Russian recipients of imported scandium oxide in 2004-2020, kg
- Table 9. Companies supplying scandium oxide to Russia in 2004-2020, kg
- Table 10. Russian companies-exporters of metal scandium in 2009-2020, kg
- Table 11. Foreign companies-recipients of scandium metal from Russia in 2009-2020, kg
- Table 12. Foreign companies-suppliers of metal scandium to Russia in 2007-2020, kg
- Table 13. Russian recipients of imported scandium metal in 2007-2020, kg
- Table 14. Export of alumoscandium master alloys from Russia in 2001-2020, t
- Table 15. Directions of Russian supplies of alumoskandium alloys by countries in 2001-2019, t
- Table 16. Russian recipients of imported aluminoscandium master alloys in 2013-2016, t
- Table 17. Foreign companies-suppliers of alumoscandium alloy in the Russian Federation in 2013-2016, t
- Table 18. Requirements for the quality of scandium metal,%
- Table 19. Requirements for the quality of scandium oxide (TU 48-0501-373-92),%
- Table 20. List of products manufactured by MAST LLP (Kazakhstan)
- Table 21. Financial indicators of Intermix Met LLC in 2014-2019, RUB mln.
- Table 22. Quality of scandium oxide JSC "Hydrometallurgical Plant" / LLC "Intermix Met",%
- Table 23. The quality of the alumoscandium alloy produced by OJSC Hydrometallurgical Plant / LLC Intermix Met,%
- Table 24. Characteristics of aluminum alloys produced by Intermix Met LLC (GOST R 53777-2010)
- Table 25. Balance reserves of crandalite-monoacite ore of the Tomtor deposit
- Table 26. Deliveries of new aircraft by Boeing and Airbus to customers in 2007-2019, units
List of Figures
- Figure 1. Dynamics of world production of scandium oxide in 2009-2020, tons (estimate by QY Research Reports)
- Figure 2. Dynamics of world production of scandium oxide in 2009-2020, tons (Asian Metal estimate)
- Figure 3. Installation of Hunan Oriental Scandium Co. for the extraction of scandium from waste products of pigment titanium dioxide
- Figure 4. Huizhou Tuopu Metal Materials plant for the production of rare earth metals and scandium
- Figure 5. Schematic arrangement of SOFC solid oxide fuel cells
- Figure 6. A coal ash storage facility in Pennsylvania
- Figure 7. Prices for alumoskandium ligatures in 2007-2019 on the US market, $ / kg
- Figure 8. Layout of the main scandium-bearing deposits in the CIS countries
- Figure 9. Export of scandium oxide from Russia in 2001-2020, kg
- Figure 10. Import of scandium oxide to Russia in 2001-2020, kg
- Figure 11. Export deliveries of scandium metal from Russia in 2001-2020, kg
- Figure 12. Dynamics of imports of metallic scandium to Russia in 2001-2020, kg
- Figure 13. Dynamics of export from Russia of alumoscandium ligatures in 2001-2020, t
- Figure 14. Dynamics of import prices for scandium oxide (96% Sc2O3) for Russian consumers in 2004-2020, $ / kg
- Figure 15. Dynamics of export prices for scandium oxide of Russian production in 2004-2020, $ / kg
- Figure 16. Dynamics of Russian import prices for metal scandium in 2014-2020, $ / kg
- Figure 17. Dynamics of Russian export prices for metal scandium in 2014-2019, $ / kg (99.9% Sc)
- Figure 18. Scandium separation unit at JSC Dalur
- Figure 19. Bench installation for smelting alumoscandium master alloys at JSC Dalur
- Figure 20. Site for the production of scandium oxide at the Ural aluminum plant
- Figure 21. Installation for the production of scandium oxide in LLC "MAST" (Kazakhstan)
- Figure 22. Dynamics of import supplies of scandium oxide to LLC "Orion-Spetsplav-Gatchina" in 2015-2020, kg
- Figure 23. Prototype SOFC produced by NPO Centrotech LLC
- Figure 24. Forecast of Russian production of scandium (in terms of metal) in 2019-2030, t