This report is the 2nd edition of the study of the market of rare earth elements (metals) in the world.
The purpose of the study is to analyze the market of rare-earth elements (metals) in the world and forecast its development until 2028.
The object of research is rare earth elements (yttrium, lanthanum and 13 elements of the lanthanide group: cerium, praseodymium, neodymium, samarium, europium, gadolinium, terbium, dysprosium, holmium, erbium, thulium, ytterbium, lutetium) , their concentrates, alloys and chemical compounds.
This work is a desk study. As sources of information, we used data from Roskill, IMCOA, Lynas, Arafura, USGS, BSG, Hastings, APP Securites Research, SMZ, UNData, Eurostat, the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation, annual reports of manufacturers and consumers of rare-earth metals, Internet sites of enterprises manufacturers and consumers of rare-earth metals, materials from foreign publications, scientific and technical literature.
Chronological scope of the study: 2009-2019; forecast - until 2028
Geography of research: world.
Research volume: the report consists of 7 parts, contains 69 pages, including 18 figures and 38 tables.
The first chapter of the report describes in detail the mineral resources base of rare-earth metals in the world. The characteristics of existing deposits are shown, data on REM reserves are given.
The second chapter of the report is devoted to projects related to the extraction and processing of rare earth raw materials. The most promising projects are highlighted, their characteristics are given.
The third chapter provides data on the production of rare-earth metals in the world (2009-2019). The description of the main producers of rare-earth raw materials in China and in other countries of the world is given, the dynamics of production and supplies is shown.
The fourth chapter presents data on the export and import of rare-earth metals of China in 2009-2019. with distribution according to supply lines and types of products. Also shown are the volumes of imports of rare-earth metals of various types by the main importing countries.
The fifth chapter describes in detail the consumption of rare earth products in the world. This chapter presents the dynamics and structure of REM consumption in the world, the structure of consumption by individual REM, and the main consumer enterprises.
The sixth chapter gives the dynamics of prices for various types of rare-earth metals (compounds and metals), as well as the forecast of prices for individual types of rare-earth metals.
The seventh chapter is devoted to the forecast of production and consumption of rare earth products in the world until 2028.
The target audience of the study:
- market participants of rare-earth products - manufacturers, consumers, traders;
The proposed study claims the role of a reference guide for specialists working in the REM market and making managerial decisions.
Table of Contents
1. Mineral resources base of rare earth metals of the world
2. Projects for the development of REM deposits in the world in 2020-2023.
3. REM production in the world in 2010-2019, the main manufacturing companies
4. World trade in rare earth products in 2009-2019.
5. Consumption of rare earth products in 2010-2019.
- REM consumption pattern
- REM growth demand factors
- Major REM Consumer Companies in the World
6. Price conditions of REM in 2005-2019
- Rare Earth Product Price Overview
- Price forecast for selected rare earth products until 2030
7. Forecast of REM production and consumption in the world until 2028
List of Tables
- Table 1: The ratio of the use of various types of commercial products of rare-earth metals,%
- Table 2: Confirmed REM stocks worldwide and in selected countries
- Table 3: Characteristics of the main REM deposits in Russia
- Table 4: Main characteristics of ongoing and announced mining and production projects
- Table 5: Extraction / production * REM in the world and in countries in 2010-2019, thousand tons in terms of oxides
- Table 6: Level of REM production quotas for provinces and large companies in 2010-2019, t
- Table 7: Dynamics of production and supply of rare-earth metals in terms of Lynas oxides in 2014-2019, thousand tons
- Table 8: Dynamics of REM production and supplies in terms of Lynas oxides in 2014-2019, thousand tons
- Table 9: Lynas 2014-2019 Financial Results, Australian Million
- Table 10: Directions of supplies of rare-earth compounds NPM Silmet in 2010-2019, t
- Table 11: Nomenclature of REM products by Russian enterprises
- Table 12: Characteristics of REM carbonates of OJSC Solikamsk Magnesium Plant
- Table 13: Structure of rare-earth metals of products of JSC AKRON
- Table 14: The main characteristics of existing enterprises for the extraction and production of rare-earth metals in the world
- Table 15: Dynamics of China's exports of certain types of rare-earth compounds in 2009-2019, t
- Table 16: Dynamics of China's exports of certain types of rare-earth metals in the form of metals and mixtures in 2009-2019, t
- Table 17: Dynamics of world imports of rare-earth compounds and metals by main supply areas (Japan, USA, EU) in 2009-2019, thousand tons
- Table 18: Japan's import of rare-earth metals and the share of China in 2005-2019, thousand tons /%
- Table 19: Japan's import of REM compounds by supply directions in 2009-2019, t
- Table 20: Japan's import of various rare-earth metals and metals compounds from China in 2009-2018, t
- Table 21: US imports of rare-earth compounds by directions of supply in 2009-2019, t
- Table 22: US imports of selected rare earth metals and metals compounds from China in 2009-2018, t
- Table 23: China's imports of rare-earth compounds by supply directions in 2009-2019, t
- Table 24: Assessment of the structure of the use of rare-earth metals in the production of various types of products,%
- Table 25: Consumption of rare-earth metals by direction of use in 2010-2019, thousand tons (in terms of oxides)
- Table 26: REM consumption by individual elements in 2010-2019, thousand tons (in terms of oxides)
- Table 27: The main directions and trends of REM consumption in the world
- Table 28: REM content in certain types of products, kg
- Table 29: Major REM Consumer Companies in the World
- Table 30: Average annual prices for individual REM oxides in 2005-2019, dollars / kg
- Table 31: Average annual export prices for various types of rare-earth metals in 2009-2019, dollars / kg
- Table 32: Forecast of prices for oxides of the main REM companies
- Table 33 Price forecast for oxides of "light" REM
- Table 34: Price forecast for individual REM products
- Table 35: Forecast of REM production by countries and companies until 2028, thousand tons in terms of oxides
- Table 36. Forecast of REM consumption by direction of use in 2020-2018, thousand tons (in terms of oxides)
- Table 37: Forecast of REM consumption by individual elements
- Table 38: Balance of production and demand in 2020-2028
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Geographic structure of confirmed REM reserves in the world,%
- Figure 2: Chinese provinces extracting rare-earth metals of the “light” and “heavy” groups
- Figure 3: Deliveries from Myanmar to China of mixed REM carbonates in 2014-2019, thousand tons
- Figure 4: REM manufacturers outside of China and supply lines
- Figure 5: Dynamics of the production of RZM SMZ carbonates
- Figure 6: China's export structure of REM compounds by major species (in terms of oxides, summary for 2009-2018),%
- Figure 7: Structure of China's exports of rare-earth compounds by individual components (in terms of oxides, summary for 2009-2019),%
- Figure 8: Structure of China's export of metallic rare-earth metals by major types (summary for 2009-2019),%
- Figure 9: Structure of Japan's imports of Chinese rare-earth compounds (consolidated 2009-2018, in value terms),%
- Figure 10: Import Structure of China's REM Compounds
- Figure 11: Dynamics of REM consumption in China and other countries in 2010-2019 and 2020-2028. (forecast), thousand tons in terms of oxides
- Figure 12: Dynamics of sales of hybrid cars and electric vehicles (PHEV + EV) in 2011-2020, thousand units
- Figure 13: Global Wind Energy Market Dynamics
- Figure 14: Dynamics of the weighted average price of Lynas REM oxides (basket)
- Figure 15: Dynamics of prices for NdPr and Dy oxides in 2017-2019.
- Figure 16: Dynamics of the total cost of 1 kg of rare-earth metals in carbonates and the sale price of carbonates of rare-earth metals of the Solikamsk magnesium plant
- Figure 17: Dynamics of prices for mixed rare-earth carbonates in 2013-2019, dollars / kg
- Figure 18: Forecast of prices for Nd / Pr oxide in 2020-2030, USD / kg