This report is the 12th edition of the study of the market of rare earth elements (metals) .
The purpose of the study is to analyze the market of rare-earth elements (metals) in Russia and forecast its development until 2025.
The object of research is rare earth elements (yttrium, lanthanum and 13 elements of the lanthanide group: cerium, praseodymium, neodymium, samarium, europium, gadolinium, terbium, dysprosium, holmium, erbium, thulium, ytterbium, lutetium) , their concentrates, alloys and chemical compounds.
This work is a desk study. The information sources used were IAC Mineral, Rosstat, the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation, industry and regional press, annual and quarterly reports of issuers of securities, websites of manufacturers and consumers of rare-earth metals, materials from foreign publications, and scientific and technical literature. Several interviews were also conducted with experts in this field.
Chronological scope of the study: 1997-2019; forecast - up to 2025
Geography of research: Russian Federation - a comprehensive detailed analysis of the market.
Study volume: the report consists of 7 parts, contains 97 pages, including 21 figures, 22 tables and 1 appendix.
The first chapter of the report describes in detail the mineral resources base of rare-earth metals in Russia. The characteristics of existing deposits are shown, data on potential reserves of rare-earth metals are given.
The second chapter of the report is devoted to projects in the Russian Federation related to the extraction and processing of rare earth raw materials. The most promising projects are highlighted, their characteristics are given.
The third chapter provides data on the extraction and concentration of ores containing rare-earth metals. A detailed description is given of the main producer of rare-earth raw materials in Russia (Lovozersky GOK LLC).
The fourth chapter is devoted to the production of rare earth products in Russia. It provides a nomenclature of rare-earth products of Russian enterprises, gives a detailed description of enterprises producing rare-earth products, and shows the dynamics of production and supplies.
The fifth chapter provides data on the export and import of rare-earth metals by Russia in 1997-2019. with the distribution of supply directions and types of products. Here, the dynamics of prices for various types of supplied rare-earth metals (compounds and metals) is also given.
The sixth chapter describes in detail the consumption of rare earth products in Russia. This chapter presents the dynamics of consumption of rare-earth metals in Russia (2000-2019), the structure of consumption by individual rare-earth metals, and the main consumer enterprises. The characteristics of the areas of consumption of rare-earth products in Russia are also given.
The seventh chapter is devoted to the forecast of production and consumption of rare-earth products in Russia until 2025. It presents various options for the development of the situation on the rare-earth metals market in Russia.
The annexes provide contact information on the main manufacturers and consumers of rare earth products in the Russian Federation.
The target audience of the study:
- market participants of rare earth products - manufacturers, consumers, traders;
The proposed study claims the role of a reference guide for specialists working in the REE market and making managerial decisions.
Table of Contents
1. Mineral resources base of rare-earth elements in the Russian Federation
2. Projects in Russia related to the extraction and processing of rare earth raw materials
- Project for the processing of technogenic raw materials (monazite concentrate)
- Projects for the extraction of rare-earth metals from the processing products of apatite-nepheline ores of the Khibiny group
- Project for the development of the eudialyte-loparite ore site Alluive
3. Mining and concentration of ores containing rare-earth metals in Russia (1997-2019)
4. Production of rare earth products in the Russian Federation
- 4.1 Dynamics of production of rare earth products in 1999-2019
- 4.2 Overview of the current state of manufacturing companies
- OJSC Solikamsk Magnesium Plant (Russia)
- Acron OJSC
- LIT LLC (Skygrad Group of Companies)
- Intermix Met LLC / Hydrometallurgical Plant OJSC
5. Export-import of rare-earth products of the Russian Federation in 1997-2019.
- REM compounds
- REM metals and alloys
6. Consumption of rare earth products in Russia in 2000-2019.
- Oil refining catalysts
- Manufacture of glass products, optics
- Automotive catalyst production
- Catalysts for rubber production
- Crystal growing
- Production of rare earth magnets
7. Forecast of the production and consumption of rare-earth metals in Russia until 2025
Appendix: Address book of the main manufacturers and consumers of products from rare-earth metals in Russia.
List of Tables
- Table 1: Characteristics of the main REM deposits in Russia
- Table 2: The content and distribution of REM oxides in industrial sources of the Russian Federation,%
- Table 3: Financial performance of Lovozersky GOK LLC
- Table 4: REM production volumes in the Russian Federation (in terms of oxides) in 1999-2019, t
- Table 5: Nomenclature of REM products at Russian enterprises
- Table 6: Characteristics of carbonates of OJSC Solikamsk Magnesium Plant
- Table 7: Financial performance indicators of OJSC Solikamsk Magnesium Plant in 2002-2019, million rubles
- Table 8: Structure of rare-earth metals of products of OJSC AKRON in 2017-2018,%
- Table 9: Export of REM compounds from Russia by recipient countries in 1999-2019, t (in kind)
- Table 10: Import of REM compounds by Russia by supplying countries in 1999-2019, tons (in physical terms)
- Table 11: The main companies supplying REM compounds to Russia in 2004-2019, t
- Table 12: Structure of supplies of rare-earth metals compounds by types of products and elements in 2007-2019,%
- Table 13: Prices for REM compounds of various suppliers to Russia in 2004-2018, USD / kg
- Table 14: Exports of rare earth metals from Russia by country in 1999-2019, kg
- Table 15: Import of rare-earth metals and alloys by Russia by sending countries in 1999-2019, t
- Table 16: Companies supplying rare-earth metals and alloys to Russia in 2004-2019, t
- Table 17: Prices of rare-earth metals and alloys imported by Russia in 2004-2018, dollars / kg
- Table 18: The balance of production and consumption of rare-earth metals (in terms of oxides) in Russia in 2000-2019, thousand tons
- Table 19: The main enterprises consuming REM compounds in Russia in 2006-2019, tons (excluding traders)
- Table 20: Technical characteristics of rare-earth cracking catalysts of Russian manufacturing enterprises
- Table 21: The main consumers of rare earth products in the Russian Federation in 2018 (based on the results of open tenders and tenders)
- Table 22: Scenarios and indicators for the development of REM industry of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Distribution of REM reserves by Russian regions
- Figure 2: Production of loparite concentrate and rare-earth metals in it Lovozersky GOK LLC in 1997-2018, thousand tons
- Figure 3: Dynamics of the processing of loparite concentrate in OJSC “SMZ” in 1999-2018, thousand tons
- Figure 4: Dynamics of shipments of rare-earth products of OJSC Solikamsk Magnesium Plant in 1993-2018, (in terms of oxides) *, t
- Figure 5: Distribution of supplies of rare-earth carbonates of SMZ production by importers in 2006-2019,%
- Figure 6: Dynamics of supplies of rare-earth compounds of Solikamsk magnesium plant to the domestic market in 2009-2018, t
- Figure 7: Schematic diagram of the processing of a group of rare-earth concentrate (SMZ carbonates) of LIT LLC
- Figure 8: Export and import of rare-earth compounds of Russia in 1999-2019, tons (in kind)
- Figure 9: Dynamics of Export of REM Compounds from Russia
- Figure 10: Dynamics of imports of rare-earth metals compounds in Russia in 1999-2019, thousand tons, million dollars
- Figure 11: Dynamics of exports and imports of rare earth metals in Russia in 1999-2019
- Figure 12: Dynamics of exports and imports of rare earth metals
- Figure 13: Structure of imports of rare-earth metals and alloys by Russia in 2006-2019,%
- Figure 14: Structure of REM imports by Russia in 2004-2013 and in 2014-2019,%
- Figure 15: Dynamics of import supplies of the Russian Federation of other metal products containing rare-earth metals in 2007-2018, t
- Figure 16: Dynamics of consumption of rare-earth metals (in terms of oxides) in Russia in 2000-2019, thousand tons
- Figure 17: Estimated structure of REM consumption in Russia in 2004-2019 (in terms of oxides),%
- Figure 18: Estimated structure of the use of rare-earth metals in Russia (in terms of oxides) in 2010-2019,%
- Figure 19: Dynamics of RF import of mischmetal in 2005-2019, t
- Figure 20: Forecast of REM production (in terms of oxides) in Russia until 2020 and 2025, thousand tons
- Figure 21: Forecast of consumption of rare-earth metals (in terms of oxides) in Russia until 2025, thousand tons