Product Code: CMR 0015
Polycarbonate resins are slowly being phased out of food storage industry such as bottles and baby bottles. This is due to the presence of bisphenol A, a compound which imitates estrogen hormones and could be harmful in the long run. Due to the number of useful properties and ease of molding, polycarbonate resins have an increasing number of applications.
What are Polycarbonate Resins?
Polycarbonate is one of the scientifically engineered plastic and its useful properties such as toughness, thermal stability and so on. Polycarbonate is a product created by the reaction of biophenal A (BPA) and phosgene. The effectiveness of the substance has allowed it to be molded into various shapes such as sheets and resins.
What are the applications of Polycarbonate Resins?
Polycarbonate resins have been used in many industries, ranging from automotive and electrical to household and medical industries. Resins have also been used for applications in the paint and packaging industry. They have also been used in construction and medicine market.Market Research & Market Trends:
The resins may continue to grow in other industries such as electronics, optical, construction, where the durability factor comes into play. Polycarbonate resins have low-scratch resistance and hence, additives are mixed in production to create stronger variants.
In the electronics industry, more mobile phones and tablets are using polycarbonate variants as it reduces weight when compared to regular plastic.
Polycarbonates are popular in eyewear as they are lightweight and possess a natural ultra violet filter.
Who are the key players in the Polycarbonate Resins market?
The key players in the Polycarbonate Resins market are Teijin Limited, Trinseo, Covestro Plastics, SABIC, Asahi Kasei ,LG Chem and so on.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level - for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
Understand the different dynamics influencing the market - key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance - market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
Get a quick outlook on the market entropy - M&A's, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.
1. Polycarbonate Resin Market - Overview
- 1.1. Definitions and Scope
2. Polycarbonate Resin Market - Executive summary
- 2.1. Market Revenue, Market Size and Key Trends by Company
- 2.2. Key Trends by type of Application
- 2.3. Key Trends segmented by Geography
3. Polycarbonate Resin Market
- 3.1. Comparative analysis
- 3.1.1. Product Benchmarking - Top 8 companies
- 3.1.2. Top 5 Financials Analysis
- 3.1.3. Market Value split by Top 8 companies
- 3.1.4. Patent Analysis - Top 8 companies
- 3.1.5. Pricing Analysis
4. Polycarbonate Resin Market Forces
- 4.1. Drivers
- 4.2. Constraints
- 4.3. Challenges
- 4.4. Porters five force model
- 4.4.1. Bargaining power of suppliers
- 4.4.2. Bargaining powers of customers
- 4.4.3. Threat of new entrants
- 4.4.4. Rivalry among existing players
- 4.4.5. Threat of substitutes
5. Polycarbonate Resin Market -Strategic analysis
- 5.1. Value chain analysis
- 5.2. Opportunities analysis
- 5.3. Product life cycle
- 5.4. Suppliers and distributors Market Share
6. Polycarbonate Resin Market - By Viscosity (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 6.1. Market Size and Market Share Analysis
- 6.2. Application Revenue and Trend Research
- 6.3. Product Segment Analysis
- 6.3.1. Low
- 6.3.2. Medium
- 6.3.3. High
7. Polycarbonate Resin Market - By Application (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 7.1. Packaging
- 7.2. Household Products
- 7.3. Automotive
- 7.4. Construction
- 7.5. Paint
- 7.6. Medicine
- 7.7. Electrical Products
- 7.8. Optical Products
- 7.9. IT and Communication
- 7.10. Others
8. Polycarbonate Resin - By Geography (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 8.1. Polycarbonate Resin Market - North America Segment Research
- 8.2. North America Market Research (Million / $Billion)
- 8.2.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
- 8.2.2. Revenue and Trends
- 8.2.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
- 8.2.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
- 8.2.5. North America Product type and Application Market Size
- 22.214.171.124. U.S.
- 126.96.36.199. Canada
- 188.8.131.52. Mexico
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of North America
- 8.3. Polycarbonate Resin - South America Segment Research
- 8.4. South America Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 8.4.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
- 8.4.2. Revenue and Trends
- 8.4.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
- 8.4.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
- 8.4.5. South America Product type and Application Market Size
- 220.127.116.11. Brazil
- 18.104.22.168. Venezuela
- 22.214.171.124. Argentina
- 126.96.36.199. Ecuador
- 188.8.131.52. Peru
- 184.108.40.206. Colombia
- 220.127.116.11. Costa Rica
- 18.104.22.168. Rest of South America
- 8.5. Polycarbonate Resin - Europe Segment Research
- 8.6. Europe Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 8.6.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
- 8.6.2. Revenue and Trends
- 8.6.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
- 8.6.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
- 8.6.5. Europe Segment Product type and Application Market Size
- 22.214.171.124. U.K
- 126.96.36.199. Germany
- 188.8.131.52. Italy
- 184.108.40.206. France
- 220.127.116.11. Netherlands
- 18.104.22.168. Belgium
- 22.214.171.124. Spain
- 126.96.36.199. Denmark
- 188.8.131.52. Rest of Europe
- 8.7. Polycarbonate Resin - APAC Segment Research
- 8.8. APAC Market Research (Market Size -$Million / $Billion)
- 8.8.1. Segment type Size and Market Size Analysis
- 8.8.2. Revenue and Trends
- 8.8.3. Application Revenue and Trends by type of Application
- 8.8.4. Company Revenue and Product Analysis
- 8.8.5. APAC Segment - Product type and Application Market Size
- 184.108.40.206. China
- 220.127.116.11. Australia
- 18.104.22.168. Japan
- 22.214.171.124. South Korea
- 126.96.36.199. India
- 188.8.131.52. Taiwan
- 184.108.40.206. Malaysia
9. Polycarbonate Resin Market - Entropy
- 9.1. New product launches
- 9.2. M&A's, collaborations, JVs and partnerships
10. Polycarbonate Resin Market - Industry / Segment Competition landscape Premium
- 10.1. Market Share Analysis
- 10.1.1. Market Share by Country- Top companies
- 10.1.2. Market Share by Region- Top 8 companies
- 10.1.3. Market Share by type of Application - Top 8 companies
- 10.1.4. Market Share by type of Product / Product category- Top 8 companies
- 10.1.5. Market Share at global level- Top 8 companies
- 10.1.6. Best Practises for companies
11. Polycarbonate Resin Market Company Analysis
- 11.1. Market Share, Company Revenue, Products, M&A, Developments
- 11.2. Teijin Limited
- 11.3. Trinseo
- 11.4. Covestro Plastics
- 11.5. SABIC
- 11.6. Asahi Kasei
- 11.7. LG Chem
- 11.8. Company 7
- 11.9. Company 8
- 11.10. Company 9
- 11.11. Company 10 and more
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
12. Polycarbonate Resin Market -Appendix
- 12.1. Abbreviations
- 12.2. Sources