Product Code: GDTT0366MI
Health and Wellness tourism has grown significantly in the past decade. As more people are aware of wellness, mental and physical wellbeing (as well as ways to achieve it), many have combined travel and wellness together, creating a need for the growth of the health and wellness tourism industry. Some countries are evidently hotspots for this kind of travel, but total global wellness inbound arrivals from 2014 to 2019 (before the impacts of COVID-19 pandemic) grew at a 4.1% CAGR
- Wellness tourism is defined, by the Global Wellness Institute as: travel associated with the pursuit of maintaining or enhancing one's personal wellbeing. Many travelers may perceive their relaxing, sun & beach holiday as 'wellness' or good for their mental wellbeing. This may be true, however a wellness holiday has elements to it that are particularly structured to have long-lasting impacts on the traveler, beyond the trip. Examples of wellness holidays can include yoga practices, fitness regimes, cleansing diets, massages and treatments, lifestyle advice, and many more as the list of possible activities available is long.
- Medical tourism, on the other hand, is categorized as something completely different to wellness tourism. Medical tourism is where individuals travel from one country to another in order to receive medical advice or care. This type of tourism is motivated by higher international standards of care, or rising costs of medical procedures in source countries. Like wellness travel, medical travel has grown, and is set to grow significantly over the next decade.
- The GlobalData 2019 Q3 Consumer Survey showed that x% of global respondents took medical and wellness holidays, but that some countries were more likely to go on these type of holidays compared to others. The nations least likely to take this kind of holiday were the UK (3%), Greece (5%), Australia (6%) and Canada (6%).
- This report provides analysis of traveller types and key market trends which are contributing to one of the fastest growing segments within tourism currently - health and wellness.
- Major and upcoming destinations are assessed, along with growth forecasts to provide valuable insight. Challenges along with opportunities in the industry are explained in relation to industry examples.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain an insight into the health and wellness tourism segment
- Understand the key traveler types health and wellness facilities and hotel companies can look to attract
- Look at the key destinations and why they appeal
- Gain a detailed understanding of the key trends, issues and challenges facing operators in the health and wellness space
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on this travel trend
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Overview of Health and Wellness Tourism
- Health and Wellness Tourism Overview
- Insight into the Health and Wellness Tourist
- Insight into Health and Wellness Tourists
- COVID-19 Impacts on the Health and Wellness Traveler
- Key Trends in Health and Wellness Tourism
- Health and Wellness Tourism Market Trends
- Key Destinations
- Key Destination: Turkey
- Key Destination: Bali, Indonesia
- Challenges & Opportunities