Product Code: GDHCHT239
Supportive care in cancer is an evolving discipline of medicine that is critical for holistic management of patients with cancer. With significant advancements being made in treatment of cancer particularly through development of immuno-oncology (IO) and targeted therapies, it is of equal significance to focus on supportive care in cancer so as to ensure that patients are able to complete the treatment cycle for the primary cancer as well as to enhance their quality of life.
The report leverages on survey-based data and KOL insights to provide a comprehensive overview on a number of aspects including current treatment options that are used for various indications within SCC and treatment guidelines that are observed for these indications. In terms of clinical development, pipeline products and R&D strategies for individual indications are addressed. The report also delves into some of the clinical trials challenges that are encountered in this field and provides an overview of unmet needs that exist for various SCC indications.
- Advancements in understanding of disease mechanisms coupled along with therapeutic advancements in some of the SCC indications are expected to increase awareness of this field.
- Although significant therapeutic advancements have been made for some SCC indications, analysis of the overall field indicate that there is disparity in terms of current treatment options, particularly for indications in which approved therapies are non-existent.
- Breadth of pipeline products in clinical development holds promise for SCC particularly for indications that are currently under-served in terms of approved therapies.
- Existence of both clinical and environmental unmet needs within SCC field provide an opportunity for pharmaceutical companies and policy makers to help develop effective therapeutics and frameworks respectively, to advance the field further. Therapies that can offer a significant benefit to patients particularly in terms of improving quality of life and frameworks from regulatory agencies that can facilitate guidance, specifically on some SCC indications are of particular importance to help address the existing gap.
Key Questions Answered
- What set of treatment guidelines and treatment options are used by oncologists in the 7MM for various indications within SCC?
- What is the current status of SCC particularly with regards to physician attitude and how is this trend likely to change in the future? What sort of impacts are newer agents such as those related to IO and targeted therapies having on the SCC field?
- What are the different R&D strategies that are being pursued by pharmaceutical companies within individual indications under SCC? What are the challenges associated with clinical trials in this field?
- What are the current unmet needs, and what steps are being taken to help address these gaps in SCC?
- Overview of epidemiology of various indications within SCC.
- Overview of treatment guidelines and on current treatment options used for various indications within SCC as well as KOL perspectives on current and future status of SCC.
- R&D strategies pursued by companies through pipeline products in development for various indications within SCC and KOL opinions of these mechanisms of action.
- Clinical trials challenges and design factors to be considered for various indications within SCC.
- Review of current unmet needs in the SCC market and overview of strategies adopted by companies within this space to help address the gaps in the market.
Reasons to Buy
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global SCC market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the SCC market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Table of Contents
- 1.2. Abbreviations
- 1.3. Related Reports
2. Executive Summary
3. Supportive Care in Cancer Overview
- 3.1. What is Supportive Care in Cancer?
- 4.1. Diagnosed Incident Cases of All Cancer in 2019
- 4.2. Diagnosed Incident Cases of All Cancer Receiving Chemotherapy
- 4.3. Diagnosed Incident Cases of All Cancer Receiving Chemotherapy with Condition
- 4.4. Five-Year Diagnosed Prevalent Cases of All Cancer
5. Current and Future Status of Treatment Guidelines
- 5.1. Treatment Guidelines for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - Survey Results
- 5.2. Reasons for Non-Adherence to Treatment Guidelines - KOL Opinion
- 5.3. Commonly Used Treatment Guidelines for Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer
- 5.4. Current Status of Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Opinion
- 5.5. Physician Attitude Towards Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Opinion
- 5.6. Future Outlook for Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Opinion
- 5.7. Impact of Immuno-Oncology Therapies and Targeted Therapies on SCC - KOL Opinion
- 5.8. Role of Immuno-Oncology Therapies and Targeted Therapies on Producing New Side Effect Profiles - KOL Opinion
6. Current Treatment Options
- 6.1. Key MOAs for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer
- 6.2. Key Marketed Product Information for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer
- 6.3. Commonly Used Marketed Products for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - Survey Results
- 6.4. Level of Satisfaction With Marketed Products for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - Survey
- 6.5. Marketed Products for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Perspective
7. Pipeline Products and R&D Strategies
- 7.1. Level of Familiarity and Potential for R&D Strategies for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer -
- Survey Results
- 7.2. Pipeline Products for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Opinion
8. Clinical Trial Design and Challenges
- 8.1. Clinical Trials Challenges and Endpoints for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - Survey Results
- 8.2. Clinical Trials Challenges and Endpoints for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Opinion
9. Unmet Needs and Opportunities
- 9.1. Major Unmet Needs for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer
- 9.2. Level of Significance of Unmet Needs for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - Survey Results
- 9.3. Unmet Needs for Various Indications Within Supportive Care in Cancer - KOL Opinion
- 10.1. Primary Research: High-Prescriber Survey Respondent Demographics
- 10.2. Primary Research: KOL Information
- 10.3. About the Authors
- 10.4. About GlobalData
- 10.5. Contact Us
- 10.6. Disclaimer