Product Code: CSCV2029SR
This report identifies key regional difference in consumer behavior, using GlobalData's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Tracker Consumer Survey, Coronavirus (COVID-19) Recovery Tracker Survey, and 2020 Market Pulse Consumer Survey. It explores areas such as consumer concern types amid the COVID-19 pandemic, influential factors when shopping, online shopping behavior, and indicators of trustworthiness. It also reveals opportunities in online channels by sector and regional levels, highlighting the importance of understanding regional differences and associated innovation opportunities.
Consumer behavior has been distinctly altered by COVID-19. Identifying unique differences at a regional or country level will be valuable in developing the most appropriate innovations in the right markets.
- Consumers' concern levels over the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic are significantly different. North American, Asia-Pacific, and Middle East and African consumers show their high level of concerns in the economy and personal lifestyles; however, European and Latin American consumers are relatively relaxed about the current situation due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The report also finds different consumer priorities on their shopping. Globally, heath is one of the key influencing factors when consumers are choosing products and services, and Asia-Pacific and Latin American consumers are particularly keen on this aspect. Also, North American consumers are opting for sensory enjoyment, possibly catering to the stress and frustration caused by the pandemic.
- Meanwhile, online is a growing shopping channel across the world, and consumers are buying products more online. However, the report identifies that Europe can be a mature market for online shopping, while North America, Latin America, and developing markets of Asia-Pacific are expected to see more growth in online shopping.
- Consumers' view on the origin of products. North American and European consumers show strong trust in products made in their own country, accordingly, the value of localism is evident, while Asia-Pacific and Latin American consumers tend to see European products area trustworthy.
Reasons to Buy
- Identify the unique differences in consumer sentiments and behavior by global regions and countries.
- Gain insight into the key consumer trends by markets that are most likely to drive innovation.
- Leverage the insights of regional difference for developing the right innovation for the right market.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Identifying regional differences
- Consumers' concerns
- Influential factors in shopping
- Online shopping behavior
- Perception of trustworthiness
- Take outs
- About the surveys