Product Code: CSCV2081CI
COVID-19 Impact on Shiseido, H2 2020 Update reports key findings as of 1st October, 2020 based on market analysis and brand diversification by industry and geography.
Shiseido's low business diversification implies the company has limited resilience to the COVID-19 outbreak; however, its relatively low share of sales from highly affected regions gives it a slight geographic advantage over its peers. The company is expected to adopt a defensive stance to brace for the impact of the pandemic, and to take steps to expand its base in less affected markets in order to mitigate losses incurred during the pandemic.
- High dependency on the Asian market, particularly Japan, will affect overall sales of Shiseido.
- A high concentration of sales in Asia will impact the overall performance of the company.
- The skincare, make-up, and fragrances sectors are set to be most affected by the pandemic as consumers continue to stay indoors
- Facial care will be the worst-affected category in the skincare sector for Shiseido.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the challenges and opportunities faced by a specific company in order to tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- COVID-19 impact analysis on Shiseido - key findings as of October 1, 2020
- Geographic spread analysis - COVID-19 vs Shiseido's brand sales
- The impact of COVID-19 on Shiseido's regional sectors
- Shiseido's 2020 exposure: brand sales at risk by region and sector
- Cosmetics and toiletries 2020 impact - $1.6bn at risk
- Skincare 2020 impact - $637.5 at risk
- Operational reactions from Shiseido? Indications from recruitment trends
- Contact us