Product Code: GDHCHT164
Globally, the total confirmed cases of COVID-19 have reached over 17 million with over 667,000 deaths and 9,964,000 recoveries.
The US continues to be the most affected country globally, with over 4.4 million cases. The US fell to ranking seventh globally in terms of per capita daily incident rates, however, the US is still ranked number one in terms of total daily incidence.
South Africa reported over 7,200 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 yesterday and over 7,000 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday. These are the two lowest daily incident rates reported by South Africa since the beginning of July, however, South Africa still remains as ranking fourth in total daily incident rates globally.
Increasing uncertainty of infection rates renders forecasting difficult in the worst-hit countries
The report provide forecast for peak-week and return-to-normal week that will help the reader plan in this uncertain time, and highlights important populations and regions most affected by the outbreak.
The epidemiology report covers the following areas: current epidemiology situation and forecast, region focus, special topics, and data limitations.
Reasons to Buy
- Obtain in-depth understanding of epidemiology data for COVID-19 and analysis of up-to-date new research and insights.
Table of Contents
1 Current Epidemiology Situation
- 1.1 Current Epidemiology Situation
- 1.2 New Cases Trend in Top 10 Infected Countries
2 Forecast for Key Markets
- 2.1 Increasing Uncertainty of Infection Rates Renders Forecasting Difficult in the Worst-Hit Countries
- 2.2 Infection Peak and Decline Forecasts for Select Countries
3 Region Focus
- 3.1 Outlook for South Africa Remains Unclear as COVID-19 Cases Continues to Rise
- 3.2 Daily Confirmed COVID-19 Deaths in Mexico Soar, Cumulative Count Has Surpassed Italy and will Surpass the UK
- 3.3 Iran, Unlike Other Countries, Is Experiencing Higher Fatality During the Second Surge
- 3.4 Australia's Strategy of COVID-19 Suppression May Have Proven Effective
4 Special Topics
- 4.1 Hard-Hit Communities May Be Better Protected Against COVID-19 Resurgence
- 4.2 US' New COVID-19 Data System Is Concerning, but Could Be Significant Tool in Fight Against Coronavirus
- 4.3 Co-infection of Flu and COVID-19 and Lower Rate of Vaccination Is Likely to Increase Hospitalizations
- 4.4 Crohn's Disease Patients Are at Increased Risk of COVID-19 Infection
5 Data Limitations
- 5.1 There Are Drawbacks to the Available Data
- 6.1 Methodology
- 6.2 Abbreviations
- 6.3 Related Reports
- 6.4 Sources
- 6.5 About the Authors
- 6.6 About GlobalData
- 6.7 Contact Us
List of Tables
- Table 1. Current Epidemiology Situation
- Table 2. Top 10 Infected Countries
- Table 3. Estimated Peak Weeks and Decline to Zero New Cases Weeks for Top Infected Countries (Excluding China)
List of Figures
- Figure 1. Projections of Daily New Confirmed Cases for Select Countries, Since 100th Confirmed Case
- Figure 2. South Africa, COVID-19 Daily New Cases, Men and Women, All Ages, Mar 6-July 26, 2020
- Figure 3. Daily Confirmed COVID-19 Deaths in Mexico, Italy, and the UK, Men and Women, All Ages, May 1-July 26, 2020
- Figure 4. Daily Confirmed COVID-19 Cases and Deaths in Iran and Globally, Men and Women, All Ages
- Figure 5. Multi-Scenario of New Daily Confirmed Cases in Australia, Men and Women, All Ages, March 10-July 20, 2020
- Figure 6. COVID-19 Serological Prevalence Estimates
- Figure 7. Cumulative Confirmed Cases of Top Three Markets Reporting COVID-19 Cases
- Figure 8. Estimated Proportion of Influenza-Related Hospitalizations Averted by Vaccination, Men and Women, All ages, 2019 (Pre-COVID-19)
- Figure 9. 8MM, Diagnosed Incident Cases of CD, Men and Women, All Ages