Product Code: GDTC0216IR
Cloud Computing in Africa and the Middle East: Telco Cloud Offers, Best Practices and Market Opportunity', a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the cloud computing services market oppurtunity for telecoms companies in AME. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the cloud market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
In 2018, the SaaS segment generated the largest share of cloud revenues, representing 36% of the total cloud computing market in AME. SaaS will remain the main revenue source, growing at a CAGR of 16%. However, IaaS and PaaS will grow even faster, at CAGRs of 22% and 21%, respectively.
2019 marks an important milestone in the development of market strategies in AME cloud services as the first regional points of presence and data centres (DC) were opened by Microsoft (in South Africa and the UAE) and AWS (in Bahrain).
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Definitions: Taxonomy and Market Context: This section provides an overview of the core portfolio of enterprise cloud computing services .
- Section 2: Cloud computing market opportunity in AME: This section provides a forecasts on revenue for the cloud computing market in AME through to 2023 as well as breaks down cloud revenue by industry vertical.
- Section 3: Telco cloud positioning and go-to-market strategies: Consists of a summary of the telcos role in the cloud value chain, current telco go to market strategies, and the cloud service portfolios of telcos in AME.
- Section 4: Best practices from telco case studies: Provides best practice case studies on telcos in AME that are currently offering enterprse cloud services.
- Section 5: Key findings and reccomendations: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for telcos in the AME cloud computing services market.
- In 2018, the cloud computing services market totaled US$8.9bn in AME, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 17%, reaching US$19.9bn in 2023.
- The trend is driven by the expansion of the SaaS market. The rising adoption of hybrid cloud services combining public and private environments within enterprises, will also support the cloud services market growth.
- Global players like AWS and Microsoft are entering markets and building partnerships with regional telcos.
Reasons to buy
- Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of cloud computing services portfolios and positioning in the Africa and the Middle East (AME) markets.
- The report describes the best practices and market opportunities for cloud computing in the AME market.
- The report provides a five-year revenue forecast for the AME cloud computing market, with a detailed breakdown of the different cloud segments and market drivers.
- The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider cloud computing services market and what these developments might mean for the future.
Table of Contents
Section 1: Definitions
- Enterprise cloud computing services definition
Section 2: Cloud computing market opportunity in Africa and the Middle East
- Cloud computing revenue evolution
- Cloud computing revenue by category
Section 3: Telco cloud positioning and go-to-market strategies
- Telcos' role in the cloud segment
- Telcos' go-to-market strategies
- Telco cloud services portfolio
Section 4: Best practices from telco case studies
- Best practice: Case study Batelco
- Best practice: Case study MTN
- Best practice: Case study Turkcell
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations
- Key findings and recommendations
- Companies mentioned
- Acronyms and definitions
- Related research
- Contact information