Product Code: GDAU-TR-S004
This report looks at the impact of China on the global automotive sector. In 2018, the global automotive industry was worth at least $3.5 trillion. China's industry accounted for around 22% of the world total at some $770 billion. While China's GDP is expected to grow by 6.3% in 2019, its auto sector is forecast to grow by 4.5% in value.
This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our "thematic engine". About our Thematic Research Ecosystem -
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData's thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData's "thematic engine" help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Table of Contents
- Automotive companies with strong exposure to China's automotive market
- Non-automotive companies with exposure to China
- Chinese automotive companies with a strong global presence
- Chinese automotive trends
- Global automotive trends
- THE RISE OF CHINA
- How big are China's automotive OEMs?
- How global are China's top automotive OEMs?
- How Chinese are the world's top automotive OEMs?
- Fortune 500 companies in China by sector
- China's growth industries
- Made in China 2025 program
- MACRO-ECONOMIC INDICATORS
- Share of global GDP
- Income levels
- Dominance of Chinese cities in global landscape
- Industrial performance
- Ease of doing business
- Transition from isolation to trade openness
- Economic growth outlook
- Country risk
- Governance risks
- Sino-US Trade War
- Strained Relationships with Neighbors and Perceived Inferior Product Quality Also to Affect Trade
- Demographic Challenge: Declining Workforce Could Curtail China's Growth Trajectory
- Environmental Concern: Lack of Environment Management Enhances Health Hazards
- APPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY