Product Code: GDTC0181IR
"Managed Security Services: Technology Innovations", is a new Global Outlook Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview with qualitative insights and analysis of the managed security services (MSS) Technology innovations.
Escalating threat environment is driving demand for use of advanced technologies in MSS.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Taxonomy and Market Context: This section provides a framework, definition, and service value of the MSS in the region.
- Section 2: Advancing Technology and Delivery: This section analyzes new technologies and delivery models applied to MSS.
- Section 3: Key Findings and Recommendations: it consists of a summary of key findings and opportunities in the MSS market.
- There are two categories of managed security services: Core offerings focused on administering some aspects of client security technology and more specialized discrete solutions concentrating on specific areas that are often more consultative in nature.
- Managing client security technology including firewalls, intrusion detection systems/intrusion prevention systems (IDS/IDP), unified threat management (UTM), and security information and event. management (SIEM) solutions is table stakes for MSSPs, which also can provide more advanced threat intelligence that relies on sophisticated analytics, correlation, and cognitive technology.
- MSS represent a big opportunity for telcos, which can leverage from their expertise securing their own networks. Telcos also have a competitor advantage as they can bundle MSS with traditional connectivity services.
Reasons to buy
- This Global Outlook Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of MSS technology innovations in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- The report examines the key MSS business models.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in the evolving MSS market.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
- List of Exhibits 4
- Executive Summary 5
Section 1: Taxonomy and Market Context 6
- Managed Security Services Definition 7
- Managed Security Services Value Chain 8
- Consolidation and Partner Ecosystems: Building Alliances 9
- Packaged for Delivery: Core MSS and a la Carte Offerings 10
Section 2: Advancing Technology and Delivery 11
- Escalating Threat Environment is Driving Demand for Advanced Technologies 12
- Innovations in AI and Automation 13
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) Services 14
- DDoS Mitigation 15
- A Unifying Perspective Through Portal Design 16
- Telco-based MSS Opportunity in IT Security 17
Section 3: Findings and Recommendations 18
- Findings and Recommendations 19
- Acronyms and Definitions 21
- Contact Information 22
List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Managed Security Services Framework 7
- Exhibit 2: Telcos Managed Security Services Value Chain 8
- Exhibit 3: Select MSS Partnerships 9
- Exhibit 4: Select MSS Service offerings 10
- Exhibit 5: Main MSS Advancing Technologies and Delivery Models, 2018 12
- Exhibit 6: Cisco Active Threat Analytics Solution 13
- Exhibit 7: IBM GRC Platform 14
- Exhibit 8: Century Link DDoS Mitigation Solution 15
- Exhibit 9: BT MSS Customer's Portal 16
- Exhibit 10:Telco-Based MSS Strengths and Weaknesses 17