Product Code: GDTC0203IR
"Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Asia-Pacific - 2019", a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the fixed broadband market in Asia-Pacific. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the fixed broadband market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
The Asia-Pacific region is characterized by a vast disparity in the maturity of fixed broadband infrastructure levels resulting in a variety of initiatives required to boost fixed broadband penetration. Some countries are focusing on building and enhancing the core infrastructure, such as national backbone networks, required to deliver fixed broadband, while others are focusing on increasing fiber coverage and providing higher speeds. Increased competition in the fixed broadband market is being driven by national broadband initiatives focused on providing afforable broadband through regulated wholesale networks, further fixed mobile convergence is increasing competitive pressure.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Asia-Pacific in a global context: This section provides a comparison of Asia-Pacific's macro-economic KPIs, fixed telecoms market size, and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyses the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the Asia-Pacific fixed broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidation, and M&A activities.
- Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of fixed broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
- Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2019-2024.
- Section 5: Key findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the Asia-Pacific fixed broadband market.
- Fixed broadband line penetration of population will reach an estimated 15.3% in 2019, and will grow to 19.6% by the end of 2024.
- Asia-Pacific will record significant growth in internet users, reaching about 3.2 billion Internet users by 2024.
- China, Singapore, and South Korea will have the highest FTTH/B penetration of population rates in the region by 2024.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Asia-Pacific's fixed broadband markets trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Asia-Pacific's fixed broadband markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in Asia-Pacific's evolving fixed broadband market.
Table of Contents
- Asia-Pacific's Fixed Broadband Markets - Key Takeaways
- Asia-Pacific Highlights
Section 1: Asia-Pacific in a Global Context
- Asia-Pacific's Demographics at a Glance
- Asia-Pacific in a Global Context
Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive
- Regulatory Drivers of Fixed Broadband in Asia-Pacific
- Major Competitive Changes in Asia-Pacific
- National Broadband Plans
- Asia-Pacific's Main Competitive Market Trends
Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends
- Internet User Trends in Asia-Pacific
- Fixed Broadband Technology Trends in Asia-Pacific
Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends
- Fixed Broadband ARPU in Asia-Pacific
- Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends in Asia-Pacific
Section 5: Key Findings and Recommendations
- Acronyms and Definitions
- Companies Mentioned
List of Figures
- Exhibit 1: Population, 2018-2024 (Millions)
- Exhibit 2: Nominal GDP, 2018-2024 (US$Trillion)
- Exhibit 3: Real GDP Growth, 2018-2024
- Exhibit 4: Voice Lines Penetration, 2019 (% of Population)
- Exhibit 5: Internet Users as a % of Total Population
- Exhibit 6: Broadband Lines Penetration, 2019
- Exhibit 7: Internet Users, Asia-Pacific, 2018-2024 (Millions)
- Exhibit 8: Fixed Broadband Line and Penetration in Asia-Pacific, 2018-2024
- Exhibit 9: Fixed Broadband Lines by Technology, Asia-Pacific, 2018-2024
- Exhibit 10: Top Five Asia-Pacific Markets in Terms of FTTH/B as a % of Total Fixed Broadband Lines, 2024
- Exhibit 11: Fixed Broadband ARPU in Asia-Pacific (US$), 2019-2024
- Exhibit 12: Fixed Broadband Revenue, Asia-Pacific, 2019-2024
- Exhibit 13: Select Asia-Pacific Fixed Broadband Market Sizes and Growth Prospects, 2019