Product Code: GDTC0205IR
Fixed Broadband Market Trends and Opportunities in Africa & the Middle East - 2019,' a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the fixed broadband market in Asia-Pacific. It delivers quantitative and qualitative insights into the fixed broadband market, analyzing key trends and growth drivers in the region.
The Africa & the Middle East region is characterized by a vast disparity in the maturity of fixed broadband infrastructure levels resulting in a variety of initiatives required to boost fixed broadband penetration. Some countries are focusing on building and enhancing the core infrastructure, such as national backbone networks, required to deliver fixed broadband, while others are focusing on increasing fiber coverage and providing higher speeds. Increased competition in the fixed broadband market is being driven by national broadband initiatives focused on providing affordable broadband through regulated wholesale networks, further multiplay and VAS services are increasing competitive pressure.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following -
- Section 1: Africa & the Middle East in a Global Context: This section provides a comparison of Africa & the Middle East's macro-economic KPIs, fixed telecoms market size, and trends with other regions.
- Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics: This section analyses the competitive dynamics that have been shaping the Asia-Pacific fixed broadband markets over the past few years, including market entries, market exits, consolidation, and M&A activities.
- Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends: Provides analysis, historical figures, and forecasts of fixed broadband subscriptions and usage trends in the region as well as their growth drivers.
- Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends: Examines changes in the breakdown of overall revenue and ARPU over 2019-2024. - Section 5: Key findings: A summary of key findings and growth opportunities for the Asia-Pacific fixed broadband market.
- Fixed broadband line penetration of the population will reach 5.8% in 2019, and will grow to 8.9% by 2024
- AME's fixed Internet users will record significant growth, expanding from 415 million Internet users in 2019 and reaching circa 666 million Internet users by 2024.
- FTTH/B will account for 32.4% of total fixed broadband lines in 2024, up from 23.3% in 2019. This is driven by telcos improving their offerings with bundled TV content and other VAS services to attract more customers.
Reasons to buy
- This Insider Report provides a comprehensive examination through forward-looking analysis of Africa & the Middle East's fixed broadband markets trends in a concise analytical format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData's Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Africa & the Middle East's fixed broadband markets.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive actionable insights will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players better position to seize the growth opportunities in Africa & the Middle East's evolving fixed broadband market.
Table of Contents
- List of Exhibits
- Key Takeaways
- Africa & Middle East Highlights
Section 1: Africa & Middle East in a Global Context
- AME Demographics at a Glance
- AME in a Global Context
Section 2: Regional Market Trends and Competitive Dynamics
- Regulatory Drivers of Fixed Broadband in AME
- Major Competitive Changes in AME
- National Broadband Plans: A Key Growth Driver of Fixed Broadband in AME
- AME's Main Competitive Market Trends
Section 3: Fixed Broadband Subscription Trends
- Internet User Trends in AME
- Fixed Broadband Technology Trends in AME
Section 4: Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends
- Fixed Broadband ARPU in AME
- Fixed Broadband Revenue Trends in AME
Section 5: Key Findings and Recommendations
List of Figures
- Population, 2018-2024 (Millions)
- Nominal GDP, 2018-2024 (US$ Billions)
- Real GDP Growth, 2018-2024
- Voice Lines Penetration, 2019 (% of Population)
- Internet Users as a % of Total Population
- Broadband Lines Penetration, 2019
- Internet Users, A