Product Code: GDIN-TR-S026
As cybercriminals become smarter and their methods more difficult to detect, insurers must take cybersecurity more seriously than ever before. Cybercriminals not only have the potential to draw on technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) in their attacks but also the ability to target vulnerable and naive users as an entry point. Insurance has seen a shift towards digitalization in the past few years, which has only increased the surface area for cyberattacks. COVID-19 has hastened the need for better cybersecurity as insurers were forced to offer more digital access for customers confined to their homes for large chunks of 2020.
- With increased digitalization, all insurance firms must now prioritize cybersecurity.
- COVID-19 has forced firms to digitalize at a fast pace, leaving more surface area open for cyberattacks.
- In 2019 global security revenues in the insurance industry were $5bn. By 2024 this figure will reach $6.4bn.
- This report provides in-depth analysis of trends in the cybersecurity market that will shape the insurance industry over the coming years.
Reasons to Buy
- Identify potential security gaps within the insurance industry.
- Understand how to respond to these threats.
- Understand the benefits of robust cybersecurity.
- Plan for the future to stay ahead of the competition.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Cybersecurity value chain
- Key players in the cybersecurity value chain
- The cyber-aware organization
- The cybersecurity organizational stack
- Insurance challenges
- The impact of cybersecurity on insurance
- Case studies
- Aviva used cybersecurity to tackle digital certificate challenges
- PPS uses Darktrace to protect its data
- Blackberry secures Aegon Sony Life's mobile network
- Market size and growth forecasts
- Cybersecurity timeline
- Leading cybersecurity adopters in insurance
- Leading cybersecurity vendors
- Public companies
- Private companies
- Specialist cybersecurity vendors in insurance
- Further reading
- GlobalData reports
- Our thematic research methodology
- About GlobalData
- Contact Us