Product Code: GDHC005CL
Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) is a widespread Gram-positive bacterium spread through direct contact with infected individuals. It is characterized by multiple drug resistance to beta-lactam antibiotics, including methicillin, penicillin, and oxacillin.
The MRSA pipeline features 226 products across all stages of clinical development, with the heaviest development in Discovery and Preclinical stages. Emerging early-stage pipeline products include cytolysins, synthetic peptides, and monoclonal antibodies (mAbs). MRSA is the sixth most investigated indication within infectious diseases with 875 clinical trials, trailing malaria (1,160) and influenza (1,603). HIV is first with 5,234 trials.
Overall, GlobalData expects new drug approvals and key patent expiries to drive MRSA market growth over the next decade (2016-2026).In particular, this report provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Pipeline Assessment-regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment-trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment-leading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis-key market events (2016-2026)
Companies mentioned in this report:Allergan, Merck & Co., The Medicines Company, Sanofi, Pfizer, Theravance Biopharma, Kyorin Pharmaceuticals, Melinta Therapeutics, Atox Bio Ltd, Paratek Pharmaceuticals, Bayer AG, Nabriva Therapeutics, Motif BioSciences, Melinta Therapeutics, MicuRx Pharmaceuticals, Citius Pharmaceuticals, TaiGen Biotechnology and Basilea Pharmaceuticals
GlobalData's Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA): Competitive Landscape to 2026 combines data from the Pharma Intelligence Center with in-house analyst expertise to provide a competitive assessment of the disease marketplace. Components of the slide deck include -
- Pipeline Assessment: regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment: trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment: leading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis: key market events (2016-2026).
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global MRSA market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global MRSA market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- 1. Preface 2
- 1.1 Table of Contents 2
- 1.2 Abbreviations 3
- 1.3 Related Reports 4
- 1.4 Upcoming Related Reports 5
- 2. Executive Summary 6
- 2.2 Key Findings 7
- 2.2 Key Events 8
- 3. Introduction 9
- 3.1 Report Scope 10
- 3.2 Disease Overview and Epidemiology 12
- 4. Pipeline Assessment 14
- 4.1 Pipeline Overview 15
- 4.2 Pipeline Breakdown by Region/Country 17
- 4.3 Pipeline Breakdown by Molecule Type and Target 18
- 4.4 Drug Review Designations 19
- 4.5 Products in Clinical Development 20
- 5. Clinical Trial Assessment 22
- 5.1 Clinical Trials Overview 23
- 5.2 Top Sponsors of Clinical Trials in MRSA 24
- 5.3 Trial Breakdown by Region 26
- 5.4 Therapy Area Perspective 28
- 5.5 Enrollment Analytics 29
6 Commercial Assessment 32
- 6.1 Leading Marketed Products 33
- 6.2 Current & Future Players 34
- 7. Competitive Landscape Analysis (2016-2026) 35
- 7.1 Events Classification Overview 36
- 7.2 US 37
- 7.3 5EU 38
- 7.4 Japan and China 39
8 Appendix 40
- 8.1 Sources 41
- 8.2 Methodology 42
- 8.3 Key Events Included in the Analysis 43
- 8.4 About the Authors 44
- 8.5 About GlobalData 47
- 8.6 Disclaimer 49