Product Code: RT0280MR
"Retailing in Indonesia, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Indonesia retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Indonesia retail industry.
Indonesia is the largest economy in Southeast Asia and holds significant potential for the retail market, with a population of 258.5 million in 2016. The retail market is estimated to reach Rp6,223.2 trillion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 9.9% during 2016-2021.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- Indonesia is the largest economy in Southeast Asia and holds significant potential for the retail market.
- The Indonesia retail market is estimated to reach Rp6,223.2 trillion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 9.9% during 2016-2021.
- The Indonesian retail industry is highly fragmented and dominated by local players with the top 10 players across sectors mainly catering to the mass market segment.
- Clothing & footwear is the second largest sector in the Indonesian retail industry and accounted for 12% of sales in 2016.
- Food & grocery is the largest sector in the Indonesian retail industry, accounting for 64.9% of total retail sales.
- Food & Grocery sector is dominated by local retailers such as Indomaret, Alfa, Super Indo, and Family Mart
Reasons to buy
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Indonesia retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Indonesia retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
Table of Contents
- Key findings
- The State of the nation
- The State of retail
- Clothing & footwear
- Food & grocery
- Health & beauty