Product Code: RT0276MR
"Retailing in Malaysia, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Malasiyan retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Malaysia retail industry.
Although Malaysian retail slowed during 2015-2016, future projections for the segment are positive. The forecast figures show a steady CAGR of 4.5% over the next five years. Currency depreciation and the withdrawal of the fuel subsidy raised the price of commodities, which restricted sales growth for a short period; however forecast figures suggest that total retail sales value will reach RM373 billion by 2021, supported by a growing young population, rising disposable income of the middle class, and urbanization.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- Malaysian clothing & footwear is the second largest sector, accounting for 10.9% of retail sales in 2016.
- Food & grocery is the largest sector in Malaysian retail, contributing 55% to total retail sales.
- The Electricals sector will grow at a CAGR of 3.5% between 2016 and 2021, to reach RM32.1 billion by 2021.
- The home sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% for 2016-21 to reach value of RM36.1 billion.
- Online retailing is an emerging channel in the Malaysian retail industry.
- The Malaysian retail Industry grew at 3.6% and reached RM300 billion.
- Rising e-retailing and the availability of foreign brands at value pricing encourages health & beauty sector sales.
Reasons to buy
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Malasiyan retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in malasiyan retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
Table of Contents
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & Footwear
- Food & Grocery
- Health & Beauty