Product Code: RT0267MR
"Retailing in China, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to China retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing china retail industry.
The recent economic slowdown did not have any impact on the overall growth of the Chinese retail industry. The industry is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 11.3% during 2016-2021 compared to 11.0% during 2011-2016. An increasing population in the short term will proportionally drive the demand for consumables.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
- China is the second largest economy in the world and registered an annual GDP growth rate of 6.6% in 2016.
- The Chinese retail market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 11.3% during 2016-2021 compared to 11.0% during 2011-2016.
- The Chinese clothing & footwear sector achieved sales of C¥2,018.1 billion in 2016, accounting for 8.5% share of the country's total retail sales.
- The Clothing & Footwear sector is largely fragmented with the top 10 brands accounting for as little as 10.5% in 2016.
- The food & grocery sector achieved sales of C¥13,784 billion in 2016, accounting for 58.1% share of the country's total retail sales.
- The electricals sector is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% during 2016-2021.
- International players are dominating the home sector.
Reasons to buy
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in China retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in China retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
Table of Contents
- The State of the Nation
- The State of Retail
- Clothing & Footwear
- Food & Grocery
- Health & Beauty