Product Code: GDCS0146RR
The bakery & cereals sector in the Eastern Europe was the fourth largest market globally with a value share of 7.4% in 2018. It was valued at US$39,267.7 million in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.8% during 2018-2023. Bread & rolls was the largest category in the sector, accounting for 60.1% of overall value sales in the same year. The Eastern European bakery & cereals market was fragmented with the top five companies accounting for just 10.1% of overall value sales in 2018. Food & drink specialists was the leading distribution channel in the region with a total value share of 37%, while flexible packaging was the most commonly used pack material in the sector.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's bakery & cereals sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Eastern Europe bakery & cereals sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of the sector size, value, and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of bakery & cereals products by categories across the key countries in the Eastern Europe region.
- High potential countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of top four high potential countries in the Eastern Europe region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the health & wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall bakery & cereals sector during 2013-2023. The analysis includes key health & wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of bakery & cereals products in the Eastern Europe region, in 2018. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering bakery & cereals with health & wellness attributes in the same year.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Eastern Europe region and analyzes the growth of private label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for bakery & cereals across the key countries in the Eastern Europe region, in 2018. It covers six distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, eRetailers, department stores, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, and others, "dollar stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers, and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various package materials, pack types, closure types, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of bakery & cereals.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis )
- Market size analysis - Eastern Europe compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Growth potential by countries in Eastern Europe
- Risk and reward analysis - opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis
- Overview - value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of bakery & cereals compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and bakery & cereals category
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles
- Czech Republic
6. Success stories
7. Company and brand analysis
- Leading companies in Eastern Europe bakery & cereals sector
- Company and brand share analysis
- Leading companies by categories, in Eastern Europe bakery & cereals sector
- Leading brands by categories, in Eastern Europe bakery & cereals sector
- Private label penetration in the Eastern Europe bakery & cereals sector
8. Health & wellness analysis
- Health & wellness analysis - overview
- Health & wellness market growth analysis by country
- Health & wellness analysis - key product attributes and consumer benefits
- Leading health & wellness companies by market share
9. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by country
- Leading distribution channels by category
10. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook
13. Trends definitions
14. About GlobalData
List of Tables
- Regional comparison: market size, growth, and per capita analysis, 2018-2023
- Identifying high potential countries - risk, reward and opportunity analysis
- High potential countries in Eastern Europe - overview
- Value share of bakery & cereals
List of Figures
- Annual value growth analysis by region (2018-2023)
- Annual volume growth analysis by region (2018-2023)
- Value and volume growth analysis by country (2018-2023)
- Value and volume growth analysis by category (2018-2023)
- Top four high potential