Product Code: GDCS0151RR
The prepared meals sector in the Americas was the third largest market globally with a value share of 28.7% in 2018. It was valued at US$26,072.6 million in 2018 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during 2018-2023. Ready meals was the largest category in the sector, accounting for 67.2% of overall value sales in the same year. The Americas prepared meals market was fairly consolidated with the top five companies accounting for just 49% of overall value sales in 2018. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the leading distribution channel in the region with a total value share of 74.2%, while rigid plastics was the most commonly used pack material in the sector.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's prepared meals sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Americas prepared meals sector. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides an overview of the sector size, value, and volume growth analysis, across regions.
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of prepared meals products by categories across the key countries in the Americas region.
- High potential countries: Provides risk-reward analysis of top four high potential countries in the Americas region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the health & wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall prepared meals sector during 2013-2023. The analysis includes key health & wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of prepared meals products in the Americas region, in 2018. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering prepared meals with health & wellness attributes in the same year.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Americas region and analyzes the growth of private label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for prepared meals across the key countries in the Americas region, in 2018. It covers six distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, eRetailers, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, "Dollar Stores", variety stores & general merchandise retailers, and other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various package materials, pack types, closure types, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of prepared meals.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (regional analysis )
- Market size analysis - Americas compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Growth potential by countries in Americas
- Risk and reward analysis - opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis
- Overview - value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of prepared meals compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and prepared meals category
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country profiles
- The US
6. Success stories
7. Company and brand analysis
- Leading companies in Americas prepared meals sector
- Company and brand share analysis
- Leading companies by categories, in Americas prepared meals sector
- Leading brands by categories, in Americas prepared meals sector
- Private label penetration in the Americas prepared meals sector
8. Health & wellness analysis
- Health & wellness analysis - overview
- Health & wellness market growth analysis by country
- Health & wellness analysis - key product attributes and consumer benefits
- Leading health & wellness companies by market share
9. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by country
- Leading distribution channels by category
10. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook
13. Trends definitions
14. About GlobalData
List of Tables
- Regional comparison: market size, growth, and per capita analysis, 2018-2023
- Identifying high potential countries - risk, reward and opportunity analysis
- High potential countries in Americas - overview
- Value share of prepared meals sector a
List of Figures
- Annual value growth analysis by region (2018-2023)
- Annual volume growth analysis by region (2018-2023)
- Value and volume growth analysis by country (2018-2023)
- Value and volume growth analysis by category (2018-2023)
- Top four high potential