Product Code: GDCS0149RR
Asia-Pacific, the largest prepared meals sector, accounting for 32.5% share of the global market, was valued at US$29,440.5 million in 2018 and is forecast to reach US$38,383.9 million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2018-2023. Of all the categories, ready meals was the largest in the region, with value sales of US$22,631.5 million in 2018. The category is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.6%, to reach US$29,667.6 million by 2023. Nissin Food Holdings Co., LTD, Marumiya Corporation, Toyo Suisan Kaisha, Ltd., Nichirei, and Katokichi Co., Ltd. were the leading players of the region and accounted for a combined 27.5% value share in 2018. Private labels held a 9.2% share of total value sales in the same year. Hypermarkets & supermarkets was the largest distribution channel in the Asia-Pacific prepared meals sector, accounting for 64.3% of overall value sales in 2018. Rigid plastics was the most commonly used pack material in the Asia-Pacific prepared meals sector, accounting for a 61.9% volume share in 2018, while the tub was the most used pack type, accounting for 40.2% volume share in the same year.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of Asia-Pacific prepared meals sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top companies, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific prepared meals sector, analyzing data from eighteen countries in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Market overview: Includes sector size, market size, and growth analysis by markets
- Change in consumption: Provides a shift in the consumption of prepared meals by categories across different countries in the APAC region.
- High-potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of four countries across the APAC region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure.
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during 2018-2023, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends, supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Health & Wellness analysis: Provides insights on the health & wellness products in terms of value and percentage share in the overall prepared meals sector during 2013-2023. The analysis includes key health & wellness attributes and consumer benefits driving the sales of prepared meals in 2018. It also covers the market share of leading companies offering prepared meals with health & wellness attributes in the same year.
- Competitive Analysis: Provides an overview of leading companies in the APAC region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels in the global prepared meals sector in 2018. It covers five distribution channels: hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, food & drinks specialists, department stores, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, and others, which include eRetailers, "Dollar Stores", Variety Stores & General Merchandise Retailers and others.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various pack materials, containers, closures, and outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of prepared meals.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis, that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances.
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (Region analysis)
- Market Size in Context - APAC compared to other regions
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Identifying high-potential countries in APAC
- High-potential countries in APAC
- Identifying high-potential countries - Methodology
- Identifying high-potential countries - Risk, reward and opportunity analysis
4. Market size and growth analysis (high-potential countries in APAC)
- High-potential countries in APAC - Overview
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of prepared meals compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and category
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. Country Profiles (high-potential countries in APAC)
- New Zealand
6. Success Stories
7. Company and Brand Analysis
- Leading companies share analysis
- Company and brand share analysis
- Leading companies in the Asia-Pacific Prepared Meals sector
- Leading brands in Asia-Pacific Prepared Meals
- Private Label penetration in the Asia-Pacific Prepared Meals sector
8. Health & Wellness Analysis
- Health & Wellness Analysis - Overview
- Health & Wellness Analysis - Growth contribution by country
- Health & Wellness Analysis - Key product attributes and consumer benefits
- Leading Health & Wellness brands by market share
9. Key Distribution Channels
- Leading Distribution Channels by country
- Leading Distribution Channels by category
10. Key Packaging Formats
- Growth analysis by key pack material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
11. Challenges and Future Outlook
- Key Challenges
- Future Outlook - Asia-Pacific
14. About GlobalData
List of Tables
- Regional comparison: Market size, growth, and per capita analysis, 2018-2023
- Identifying high-potential countries - Reward, risk, and opportunity analysis
- High-potential countries in Asia-Pacific - Overview
- Value share of Prepared Meals sector as a proportion of overall food by country
- Change in consumption by market within Prepared Meals (value terms), 2018-2023
- Taiwan Prepared Meals - Overview, % value share by category, 2018
- Australia Prepared Meals - Overview % value share by category, 2018
- New Zealand Prepared Meals - Overview % value share by category, 2018
- Japan Prepared Meals - Overview % value share by category, 2018 Company and brand share analysis
- Private Label penetration in the Prepared Meals sector
- Health & Wellness value and its share in overall sales, 2013-2023
- Country-level contribution to the growth of H&W market in the Asia-Pacific region, 2018-2023
- Share of product attributes and consumer benefits in high-potential country APAC, 2018
- Leading Health & Wellness companies* with market share by Prepared Meals category, 2018
- Leading Distribution Channels in the Asia-Pacific region by country, 2018
- Leading Distribution Channels in the Asia-Pacific region by category, 2018
List of Figures
- Annual value growth analysis by region (2018-2023)
- Annual volume growth analysis by region (2018-2023)
- Value and volume growth analysis by country (2018-2023)
- Value and volume growth analysis by category (2018-2023 )
- Country-level contribution to the growth of Meal Kits Market in the Asia-Pacific region, 2018-2023
- Country-level contribution to the growth of Pizza Market in the Asia-Pacific region, 2018-2023
- Country-level contribution to the growth of Ready Meals Market in the Asia-Pacific region, 2018-2023
- Per Capita Consumption in Asia-Pacific and high-potential countries, 2018
- Australia Prepared Meals - Demographic Analysis
- New Zealand Prepared Meals - Demographic Analysis
- Japan Prepared Meals - Demographic Analysis
- Leading companies in the Asia Pacific Prepared meals sector by value sales (US$ million), 2018
- Leading companies in the Asia-Pacific Prepared Meals Sector by value sales (US$ million), 2018
- Leading brands (including Private label) in the Asia-Pacific Prepared Meals Sector by value sales (US$ million), 2018
- Country-level contribution to the growth of H&W Market in the APAC region, 2018-2023
- Key pack material volume (units) share, 2018
- Unit volume growth by pack material (2013-2023)
- Key pack type volume (units) share, 2018
- Unit volume growth by pack type (2013-2023)
- Key closure type volume (units) share, 2018
- Unit volume growth by closure type (2013-2023)
- Key primary outer type volume (units) share, 2018
- Unit volume growth by primary outer type (2013-2023)