Product Code: CS0101RR
Global Prepared Meals sector was valued at US$86,943 million in 2017. Asia-Pacific emerged as the third-largest market in the global prepared meals sector in 2017, with a 25.5% value share and 18.6% volume share. The Asia-Pacific prepared meals sector registered a value CAGR of 4.4% during 2017-2022. An improving employment rate, rising urbanization levels, changing consumer preferences, and a growing female workforce are fueling the growth of prepared meals in the region.
Of all the categories, Ready Meals was the largest in the region, with value sales of US$17,121.3 million in 2017. The overall prepared meals sector in the Asia-Pacific region is fragmented with the top five brands - Marumiya, Amy's, Maruchan, Nichirei, and Katokichi - accounting for 24.1% of the market value in 2017. Private label held 5.9% share in the Asia-Pacific prepared meals sector in 2017.
The Health & Wellness (H&W) market in the Asia-Pacific prepared meals sector accounted for a 15.1% of overall values sales in the region. The rising awareness of lifestyle diseases such as obesity and the harmful effects of artificial additives is driving demand for prepared meals with 'low-fat/low-calorie' and 'no artificial additives' claims, in turn fueling the growth of prepared meals with H&W attributes.
"Opportunities in the Asia-Pacific Prepared Meals Sector", report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region's prepared meals sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the prepared meals sector in the region. It includes analysis on the following -
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of prepared meals categories across the key countries in the region.
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top 4 high potential countries in the region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of high potential countries covering value growth during 2017-2022, key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region.
- Brand analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the region, besides analyzing the growth of Private Label products in the region.
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for prepared meals across the key countries in the region, in 2017. It covers these distribution channels - Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers, Cash & Carries and Warehouse Clubs, 'Dollar Stores' and Other retailers.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2017) and growth analysis (during 2012-2022) for various packaging materials, pack type, closure type, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (units) of prepared meals.
Reasons to buy:
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market size and growth analysis (Regional analysis)
- Market size analysis - by region
- Growth analysis by region
- Growth analysis by country
- Growth analysis by category
3. Growth potential by countries
- Risk and reward analysis - Opportunity scores
4. Market size and growth analysis
- Overview - Value and volume growth analysis by country
- Growth contribution analysis by country
- Share of prepared meals compared to other food sectors
- Change in consumption levels by country and prepared meals categories
- Per capita consumption and expenditure analysis
5. High potential countries
6. Success stories
7. Company and brand analysis
- Brand Share Analysis in the prepared meals sector
- Leading companies inprepared meals sector
- Leading brands in the sector
- Private label penetration in the sector
8. Key distribution channels
- Leading distribution channels by countries
- Leading distribution channels by category
9. Key packaging formats
- Growth analysis by key package material and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure type and primary outer type
10. Challenges and future outlook
- Key challenges
- Future outlook
12. Trend definitions
13. About GlobalData
List of Tables
- Regional comparison: Market size, growth, and per capita analysis, 2017-2022
- Risk, reward and opportunity analysis
- Countries in the region - Overview
- Value share of the prepared meals sector as a proportion of other food sectors by country, 2017
- Change in consumption by category within prepared meals (value terms), 2017-2022
- Per Capita Consumption in the region by countries, 2017
- Per Capita Expenditure in the region by countries, 2017
- Leading brands in the sector and categories by value, 2017
- Leading companies in the sector by value sales, 2017
- Leading Brands (including Private label) in the sector by value, 2017
- Private label penetration in the sector
- Leading Distribution Channels in the region by countries, 2017
- Leading Distribution Channels in the region by category, 2017
List of Figures
- Annual value growth analysis by region (2017-2022)
- Annual volume growth analysis by region (2017-2022)
- Value and volume growth analysis by country (2017-2022)
- Value and volume growth analysis by category (2017-2022)
- Country level contribution to the growth by category in the region, 2017-2022
- high potential country - Demographic Analysis
- Key package material volume (units) share, 2017
- Unit volume growth by package material (2012-2022)
- Key pack type volume (units) share, 2017
- Unit volume growth by pack type (2012-2022)
- Key closure type volume (units) share, 2017
- Unit volume growth by closure type (2012-2022)
- Key primary outer volume (units) share, 2017
- Unit volume growth by primary outer type (2012-2022)