Product Code: GDPK1183MR
The packaging industry in France is estimated to grow from 96.3 billion units in 2018 to 101.7 billion units by 2023. This growth can be largely attributed to the growth of the country's economy, decreasing unemployment rate and rising disposable incomes, leading to the increased consumption of packaged products. Furthermore, increasingly hectic lifestyle of the French consumers is driving the growth of small-sized, on-the-go, easy to store/open/close packs in the country. Rigid plastics was the largest pack material in the country in 2018, and is also forecast to register the fastest growth during 2018-2023.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the French packaging market. It includes market overview, growth analysis by pack material and industry, pack material growth analysis by industry and sector, analysis by pack material, and trends, case studies, and future outlook.
- This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the packaging industry in France, as part of our coverage of the industry across 20 countries. It includes analysis on the following:
- Market overview: provides an overview of the usage of different packaging materials across different industries in terms of the number of units, packaging share, and growth rates during 2018-2023.
- Growth analysis by pack material and industry: provides an overview of the shift in the utilization of various packaging materials across industries during 2018-2023.
- Pack material growth analysis by industry and sector: provides an overview of each packaging material and the industry where it is mostly used.
- Analysis by pack material: provides the growth rates (CAGR during 2018-2023) of different packaging materials within each industry.
- Key packaging materials: includes data and analysis - number of units (millions), volumes (million kg/lit/units), growth rates - for five packaging types: rigid plastics, rigid metal, glass, paper & board, flexible packaging, and others (those not included in any of the five mentioned) during 2018-2023. It also covers:
- Pack sub-type: includes aluminum, aluminum foil/paper/plastic, brick, flexible plastic, gable top, glass, HDPE, metal, paper, paper & board, PET, plastic, ready metal trays, shaped, thin-walled, and others
- Pack type: includes aerosol, jar, can - food, bag/sachet, pouch, tray, tub, carton, film, tin, bottle, box, blister pack, foil, wrapper, clamshell, tube, can - composite, can - drink, other line items, sleeve, can - paint, keg/drum, cup, bag-in-box, specialty cosmetic containers and others
- Closure material: includes metal, natural, plastic, synthetic, and others
- Closure type: includes cap, twist off, prize off, foil, film, screw top, stopper, dispenser, flip/snap top, sports cap, plastic tie, crown, lever closure, and others
- Primary outer material: includes flexible, paper & board, rigid plastic, and others
- Primary outer type: includes box, sleeve, bag, shrink wrap, blister pack, and others
- Trends, case studies, and future outlook: provides an understanding of the ongoing packaging trends in the country - convenience, affordability, multi-packs, eco-friendly, etc.- across the five packaging materials. The report also provides a view of the future prospects of the packaging industry. The case studies in each packaging section give a success example, highlighting the packaging innovations, strategies, and best practices.
Reasons to buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region.
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances.
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion.
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates.
Table of Contents
1. Executive summary
2. Market overview
- Key takeaways
- Market size analysis by pack material and industry
- Pack unit analysis by industry
3. Growth analysis by pack material and industry
- Packaging share change by material and industry
4. Pack material growth analysis by industry and sector
- Use and change in consumption of pack material
- Growth analysis by industry - food
- Growth analysis by industry - cosmetics & toiletries
- Growth analysis by industry - alcoholic beverages
- Growth analysis by industry - non-alcoholic beverages
- Growth analysis by industry - others
5. Analysis by pack material (rigid plastics, rigid metal, paper & board, flexible packaging, glass)
- Key takeaways
- Growth analysis by pack sub-type and pack type
- Growth analysis by closure material and closure type
- Growth analysis by primary outer material and type
- Market size and growth analysis by industry and sector
- Change in market share by industries
- Key trends
- Case example
- Future outlook
- Trends definitions
7. About GlobalData
List of Tables
- 1. Growth analysis by sector - food, 2018-2023
- 2. Growth analysis by sector - cosmetics and toiletries, 2018-2023
- 3. Growth analysis by sector - alcoholic beverages, 2018-2023
- 4. Growth analysis by sector - non-alcoholic beverages, 2018-202
List of Figures
- Use of pack material (in billion pack units and billion kg) by industries, 2018
- Growth in use of pack material by industries, 2013-2023
- Market share change by pack material and industry, 2018 & 2023
- Rigid plastics - growth analysis by pa