Product Code: GDPS0027MAR
The motivation for pharma companies outsourcing their manufacturing is often to do with lacking expertise, equipment, or cost reduction (especially for small to mid-sized CMOs) in development of their product's API or dose. For clinical dose manufacturing, there is a high risk associated with the pipeline drug product and as such using a CMO for this mitigates risk for pharma companies that may otherwise have to invest in equipment and facilities.
This report, the 2019 version in this annual series, characterizes the contract dose manufacturing industry along a number of quantitative dimensions, including number and type of participants, market size, market shares of the top CMOs and profitability. We also assess the outlook for the industry. This report is an improvement over previous reports because it utilizes the integration of Dose manufacturing integration into the GlobalData's Pharma Intelligence Center to provide deeper analysis of the industry.
This expert trend report is a comprehensive look at the finished dose contract manufacturing landscape in 2019, including analysis of dose CMO M&A activity, market size and share. It is a critical source for strategic planning efforts and will improve understanding of crucial components of the supply chain that will provide insights for supplier selection and management.
- This report gives an important expert quantitative analysis on the contract dose manufacturing industry. Findings are based on the industry's most comprehensive database of the dose CMO industry (GlobalDatas Contract Service Providers Database) this analysis is driven by a proprietary model of the dose manufacturing industry, which is continuously updated and refined. The 7 tables and 14 figures throughout the report illustrate major points and trends. This report is required reading for -
- CMO executives and strategic decision-makers: improves understanding of the dose CMO industry and a critical input for strategic planning efforts.
- Sourcing and procurement executives in bio/pharmaceutical companies: improving understanding of crucial components of the supply base that will provide insights for supplier selection and management.
- Private equity investors: they can deeper understanding of the dose CMO market and important insight for identifying potential investment targets.
Reasons to buy
- What is the geographic reach of Dose CMOs?
- What are the 2018 revenues generated by Contract dose manufacturing industry?
- What are the components of revenue change for Contract Dose Manufacturers?
- What is the breakdown of 2018 revenues by different dosage forms?
- What are the characteristics of the largest dose CMOs?
- How did the revenue growth of Contract Dose manufacturers in 2018 compare to Contract API manufacturers? - What is the outlook for the dose CMO industry?
- What Dose CMO M&A deals occurred in 2018?
Table of Contents
- List of Tables
- List of Figures
- Executive Summary
- Industry Size and Structure
- Major Developments Affecting Industry Structure
- Industry Size and Growth CMO Market Shares
- Analyzing Recent Dose CMO Industry Performance
List of Tables
- Table 1: Summary of CMO Facility Acquisition of Dose Facilities Activity, 2013-2018
- Table 2: CMO Acquisitions of Dose Manufacturing Facilities, 2018
- Table 3: Dedicated CMO Acquisitions of Companies with Commercial Dose Capabilities, 2018
- Table 4: PE Investments in the Dose CMO Industry, 2013-2018
- Table 5: Percentage of Commercial Dose Facilities that Offer Other Services, by Revenue Tier
- Table 6: Revenue Composition and Strategic Orientation of Leading CMOs, 2018
- Table 7: Geographical Reach of Dose CMO Universe, 2018
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Geographic Reach of the Dose CMO Universe, 2018
- Figure 2: Geographic Distribution of Commercial Dose Facilities, 2018
- Figure 3: Geographic Distribution of Commercial Dose Injectable Facilities, 2018
- Figure 4: Dose CMO Count by Revenue Tiers, 2018
- Figure 5: Dose CMO Market Size by Revenue, 2009-2018
- Figure 6: Components of Growth for Dose CMOs, 2017-2018
- Figure 7: Dose CMO Dosage Form Revenue Segments in 2018 ($B)
- Figure 8: Headquarters Locations of $0-12M Revenue Tier CMOs
- Figure 9: Dosage Forms Manufactured for $0-12M Revenue Tier CMOs
- Figure 10: Dose CMO Industry Market Share by Company Revenue Tier, 2018
- Figure 11: Bio/Pharma Services Sector Performance
- Figure 12: Organic Revenue Growth for Public CMOs
- Figure 13: Mega Cap Outsourcing Propensity 2008-2018
- Figure 14: Outsourcing of Orphan NMEs 2009-2018