Product Code: GDME1087CFR
Cancer is the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the body. It can affect numerous organs and tissues of the body. When a patient is suspected of having a particular type of cancer, a biopsy procedure is performed to extract a target tissue sample for histological analysis. This intervention typically provides a definitive cancer diagnosis for the patient. Given that these procedures play such an important role in the diagnostic pathway for various cancers, medical device manufacturers have worked to develop biopsy devices that maximize the volume and quality of the tissue samples, as well as decrease their negative impact on the patient's body. As seen with other medical device markets, less invasive biopsy techniques have entered the market and have established a new gold standard in many global regions.
A similar pattern in biopsy procedure volumes for the cancer indications covered in this report can be observed in the major South American market of Brazil as in the major European markets previously discussed. Both prostate and breast biopsy procedures account for the largest portion of the overall market.
- An overview of biopsy devices, which includes epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized SA biopsy devices market revenue and future forecasts from 2010 to 2012, forecast for 7 years to 2019.
- Investigation of current and future market competition for biopsy devices.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges as well as predicted impact of key events.
- Competitor assessment including device approval analysis and device sales forecasts.
- Marketed and pipeline product profiles covering efficiency, safety, clinical study details, device approvals, product positioning and device sales forecast.
- Analysis of unmet needs within the market and opportunities for future players.
- Technology trends evaluation to assess strength of pipeline.
- An overview of all devices in development including clinical study details, design and material selection considerations, efficacy reports, and device approval timelines.
- Company profiles including business description, financial overview and SWOT analysis.
- Coverage of key market players.
- Strategic assessment of the biopsy devices sector through market impact analysis, future market scenario and company analysis.
- Direct quotes from Key Opinion Leaders (KOL).
Reasons to buy
- Understand the trends shaping and driving SA biopsy devices Market.
- Realize device preferences of physicians who have performed the tests already.
- Access market sizing, forecasts and quantified growth opportunities in SA biopsy devices market through 2019.
- Quantify candidate patient populations to better design product pricing & launch plans.
- Drive revenues, formulate effective sales and marketing strategies and gain in-depth understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Perform benchmarking analysis of growth opportunities against currently marketed products.
- Assess competitiveness of products in market by understanding the strengths and weaknesses of current competition.
- Take a comprehensive look at the market's device pipeline and identify promising, paradigm-shifting products.
- Create an effective counter-strategy to gain a competitive advantage against those currently in the market.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present the best opportunities for growth.
- What's the next big thing in SA biopsy devices market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Table of Contents
1. Table of Contents
- 1.1. List of Tables
- 1.2. List of Figures
- 2.1. Overview
- 2.2. Catalyst
- 2.3. Related Reports
3. Industry Overview
- 3.1. Types of Biopsies
- 3.1.1. Surgical Biopsy
- 3.1.2. Fine Needle Aspiration
- 3.1.3. Core Needle Biopsy
- 3.1.4. Vacuum-Assisted Biopsy
- 3.2. Biopsy Procedure Trends
- 3.3. Market Access to Cancer Screening Programs
- 3.3.1. Regulation
- 3.3.2. Biopsy Device Adoption Patterns
- 3.3.3. Reimbursement Trends
- 3.4. Regulatory Issues/Recalls
- 3.5. Mergers. Acquisitions/Key Partnerships
- 3.5.1. Hologic Acquires Suros Surgical Systems
- 3.5.2. C. R. Bard Acquires SenoRx
- 3.5.3. Devicor Medical Products Acquires Breast Care Portfolio from Ethicon Endo-Surgery
- 3.6. Economic Impact of Cancer Screening and Treatment
- 3.7. Additional Indications for Biopsy Devices
4. Unmet Needs
- 4.1. Overview
- 4.2. More Efficient Screening Tests for Prostate Cancer
- 4.3. More Efficient Screening Tests for Breast Cancer
- 4.4. More Efficient Screening Guidelines for Thyroid Cancer
- 4.5. Screening Tests That Can Provide Histological Analysis In Situ
5. Market Opportunity Analysis
- 5.1. Increase Marketing for Vacuum-Assisted Biopsy Devices in European Countries
- 5.2. Bundling Solutions
- 5.3. Focus Efforts on China's Increasing Adoption of VAB Devices
- 5.4. Market for Prostate Cancer Screening Coverage in Europe
6. Market Drivers and Barriers
- 6.1. Market Drivers
- 6.1.1. Inadequate Screening Tests for Particular Cancers
- 6.1.2. Demand for Minimally-Invasive Biopsy Techniques
- 6.1.3. Increased Adherence to Certain Cancer Screening Guidelines
- 6.1.4. Aging Patient Population
- 6.2. Market Barriers
- 6.2.1. Increased Competition from Other Cancer Diagnostic Tests
- 6.2.2. Breast Biopsy Reimbursement Bundling
- 6.2.3. Decreased Adherence to Certain Cancer Screening Guidelines
- 6.2.4. Benefits of Mass Prostate Cancer Screening Being Outweighed by Risks
7. Competitive Assessment
- 7.1. Overview
- 7.2. Classification Based on System
- 7.2.1. Vacuum-Assisted Biopsy Devices
- 7.2.2. Core Needle Biopsy Devices
- 7.2.3. Fine Needle Aspiration Devices
8. Pipeline Assessment
- 8.1. Overview
- 8.1.1. Optical Biopsy
- 8.1.2. Liquid Biopsy
9. Clinical Trial Analysis
10. Current and Future Players
- 10.1. Trends in Corporate Strategy
- 10.2. Company Profiles
- 10.2.1. Argon Medical Devices
- 10.2.2. Boston Scientific
- 10.2.3. Cardinal Health
- 10.2.4. CareFusion Corporation
- 10.2.5. Cook Medical
- 10.2.6. C. R. Bard
- 10.2.7. Devicor Medical Products
- 10.2.8. DTR Medical
- 10.2.9. Gallini Medical Devices
- 10.2.10. Hologic
- 10.2.11. INRAD
- 10.2.12. Intact Medical Corporation
- 10.2.13. TSK Laboratory
11. Market Outlook
- 11.1. Company Market Share
- 11.1.1. Vacuum-Assisted Biopsy Market Share
- 11.1.2. Core Needle Biopsy/Fine Needle Aspiration Market Share
- 11.2. By Geography
- 12.1. Bibliography
- 12.2. Abbreviations
- 12.3. Report Methodology
- 12.3.1. Overview
- 12.3.2. Coverage
- 12.3.3. Primary Research
- 12.3.4. Secondary Research
- 12.3.5. Forecasting Methodology
- 12.4. Key Opinion Leaders Included in This Study
- 12.5. About the Authors
- 12.5.1. Joseph A. Gregory, Analyst, Surgical Devices
- 12.5.2. Derek Archila, MBA, Director of Research and Analysis, Medical Devices
- 12.6. Global Head of Healthcare
- 12.6.1. Bonnie Bain, Ph.D., Global Head of Healthcare
- 12.7. About MediPoint
- 12.8. About GlobalData
- 12.9. Disclaimer
List of Tables
- Table 1: Biopsy Device Adoption Patterns in Diagnosing Prostate Cancer, Global, 2013 and 2019
- Table 2: Biopsy Device Adoption Patterns in Diagnosing Breast Cancer, Global, 2013 and 2019
- Table 3: Biopsy Device Adoption Patterns in Diagnosing Lung Cancer, Global, 2013 and 2019
- Table 4: Biopsy Device Adoption Patterns in Diagnosing Liver Cancer, Global, 2013 and 2019
- Table 5: Biopsy Device Adoption Patterns in Diagnosing Thyroid Cancer, Global, 2013 and 2019
- Table 6: Age Demographics, Age >65 Years, Global, 2013
- Table 7: Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Ambulatory Surgery Center Billing, 2011
- Table 8: Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Physician Billing, 2011
- Table 9: Company Profile - Argon Medical Devices
- Table 10: Product Portfolio - Argon Medical Devices
- Table 11: Argon Medical Devices, SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 12: Company Profile - Boston Scientific
- Table 13: Product Portfolio - Boston Scientific
- Table 14: Boston Scientific SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 15: Company Profile - Cardinal Health
- Table 16: Product Portfolio - Cardinal Health
- Table 17: Cardinal Health SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 18: Company Profile - CareFusion Corporation
- Table 19: Product Portfolio - CareFusion
- Table 20: CareFusion, SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 21: Company Profile - Cook Medical
- Table 22: Product Portfolio - Cook Medical
- Table 23: Cook Medical, SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 24: Company Profile - C. R. Bard
- Table 25: Product Portfolio - C. R. Bard
- Table 26: C.R. Bard, SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 27: Company Profile - Devicor Medical Products
- Table 28: Product Portfolio - Devicor Medical Products
- Table 29: Devicor Medical Products SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 30: Company Profile - DTR Medical
- Table 31: Product Portfolio - DTR Medical
- Table 32: DTR Medical SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 33: Company Profile - Gallini Medical Devices
- Table 34: Product Portfolio - Gallini Medical Devices
- Table 35: Gallini Medical Devices SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 36: Company Profile - Hologic
- Table 37: Product Portfolio - Hologic
- Table 38: Hologic SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 39: Company Profile - INRAD
- Table 40: Product Portfolio - INRAD
- Table 41: INRAD SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 42: Company Profile - Intact Medical Corporation
- Table 43: Product Portfolio - Intact Medical Corporation
- Table 44: Intact Medical Corporation SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 45: Company Profile - TSK Laboratory
- Table 46: Product Portfolio - TSK Laboratory
- Table 47: TSK Laboratory SWOT Analysis, 2013
- Table 48: VAB, Global Market Share, 2013
- Table 49: CNB/FNA, Global Market Share, 2013
- Table 50: Brazil Biopsy Devices Sales ($m) Forecast, 2010-2019
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Biopsy Procedure Volumes: All Cancer Indications, Brazil, 2010-2019
- Figure 2: EnCor Breast Biopsy System
- Figure 3: EnCor Enspire Breast Biopsy System
- Figure 4: EnCor Ultra Breast Biopsy System
- Figure 5: Finesse Ultra Breast Biopsy System
- Figure 6: Vacora Breast Biopsy System
- Figure 7: Original Mammotome System
- Figure 8: Mammotome Elite
- Figure 9: Mammotome Revolve
- Figure 10: VAB, Global Market Share, 2013
- Figure 11: CNB/FNA, Global Market Share, 2013
- Figure 12: Brazil Biopsy Devices Sales ($) Forecast, 2010-2019