Product Code: GDDT02034IL
The telecom sector has been forefront in enabling innovation for several other sectors. It is poised for digital transformation with emerging technologies such as 5G, AI, and IoT. It is also leveraging technologies such as 3D printing, cloud, digitization, data analytics, AR, and edge computing to streamline, innovate, automate, and optimize the telecom value chain. While most of the countries are deploying 5G infrastructure or are planning to do so, some major companies are envisioning the future connected world in 10G or so. Other companies are leveraging all the latest technologies to build a sustainable ecosystem around the evolving telecom infrastructure. This report examines how the telecom industry is implementing various technological advancements that promote innovation and catalyze change.
Innovations: presents real-world innovation use cases and examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies by companies as well as startups in the telecom sector. It casts light on how tech-enabled innovations are transforming every segment of the telecom sector value chain.
- Innovation Map: key real-world innovation use cases of emerging technologies implemented by enterprises and startups in the sector.
- Innovation Insights: innovation examples by each value chain segment of the sector to present key trends.
- Vendor Map: represents a sample list of vendors in each use case highlighted in the report.
Reasons to Buy
- No surprise that technology has been a driving force in business transformation for years, but the term 'emerging technologies' has all of the sudden become the key catalyst to drive the next wave of innovation across sectors.
- The sense of urgency weighs different across different sectors, where the direct customer-facing sectors are at the forefront compared to other capital-intensive sectors. Companies in one sector can take cues from successful innovations in other sectors to either draw analogies with existing products, services, and processes or transfer strategic approaches for a revolutionary transformation.
- Against this backdrop, enterprises need to understand which emerging technologies are impacting their sector and how various companies are implementing them to meet various challenges.
- The innovation landscape report in telecom, published by GlobalData as part of an ongoing series, covers some of the key trends, use cases, and real-world examples related to the implementation of emerging technologies across the telecom sector value chain.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Sector innovation insights: overview
2. What are the key sector strategic challenges faced?
3. Which technologies are helping the sector?
4. Innovation map by sector value chain: key use cases
- 4.1 Infrastructure
- 4.2 Network
- 4.3 Connec