Product Code: GDAPP-TR-S003
Consumer awareness surrounding sustainability, including the management of resources, continues to rise and drive interest in circular economy. Circular economy is an arrangement aimed at reducing waste and is a method adopted to move away from the typical linear model of resources. Circular economy embraces a loop value chain, which promotes the continual use of resources across all customer touchpoints. This report provides an overview of circular economy, the impacts of COVID-19 on this theme, and highlights the players that have invested in, or are set to benefit from, circular economy. The report also outlines the technology, macroeconomic and regulatory trends within this theme, and analyses key companies making their mark within the theme.
- Circular economy has gained recognition across a larger section of society, including both consumers and retailers, due to the urgency to act upon climate change.
- Regulatory trends in support of sustainability and circular economy are becoming more common across the globe. For instance, the European Commission unveiled its Circular Economy Action Plan in March 2020.
- There are three different areas of technology that drive sustainability and circularity today: digital, physical, and biological. All play a significant role in creating a more sustainable world.
- Several trends including technology are fuelling the theme of circular economy. With the availability of digital platforms and mobile applications promoting recycling and reselling, consumers now have more options to act in a sustainable manner.
- Sharing economy is becoming much more accepted globally and is shaping the way consumers behave. More people are likely to engage in peer-to-peer (P2P) activities of acquiring, providing, or sharing access to goods and services.
- GlobalData provides insight into the theme of circular economy within the apparel sector. The report provides an overview of what the circular economy is, why it is important to apparel retailers, suppliers, and consumers, and why it needs to become a core focus of apparel businesses.
- The report also outlines the apparel operators that are the market leaders within this theme, responding to the 10 key circular economy aspects (e.g. sourcing waste, resale/rental and recycle), while also revealing the challengers that are set to benefit from circular ecnomy.
- The key technological, macroeconomic and regulatory trends impacting the theme are discussed throughout the report and an overview of mergers, acquisitions and partnerships of companies in the realm of circular economy is also provided.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain a better understanding of the circular economy theme, how this is leading to changes in the apparel market and gain insight into the players that are set to benefit from the rising importance of this theme.
- Understand how the theme of circular economy has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Better understand the key technological, macroeconomic and regulatory trends impacting the circular economy theme, so you can shape your long-term strategy.
- Discover how key players are investing in circular economy, providing greater clarity on the actions of competitors.
- Gain a better understanding about the actions adopted by apparel operators that are proving successful within the theme of circular economy.
- Learn about the three different areas of technology that drive circularity today.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Technology briefing
- Industry analysis
- Value chain
- Our thematic research methodology
- About GlobalData
- Contact Us