Product Code: GDAU-TR-S034
The connected car is one of four concurrent disruptive threats that the industry faces alongside the electric vehicle, autonomous driving and the concept of transport-as-a-service.
The sector crosses a broad array of intersecting technological developments such as home integration, mobility management, vehicle management, entertainment, well-being, safety and autonomous driving.
The connected car is also global in scope, with an array of pilots and studies deployed all over the world, expecting to roll out a number of connectivity features across the next five years, which will shape a further thirty years of development.
- Analysis of the players in the Connected Car field - including established manufacturing giants and high-tech startups developing in-cabin & sensor solutions.
- A full technology briefing on the three main pillars which makes the Connected Car connected.
- A breakdown of the key trends shaping the development and connectivity of the Connected Car.
- Industrial analysis of the sector to help you understand the growth opportunities for the Connected Car and potential obstacles.
- Use cases to offer insight into how potential Connected Car technologies can be applied.
- A detailed breakdown of the value chain and the major players within the Connected Car ecosystem
- Profiles of the major players pioneering, collaborating and contributing to the development of Connected Cars
- Research backed up by GlobalData's unique thematic engine
Who Should Buy
- Executives in the automotive and collaborative industries who want to understand the Connected Car and associated themes disrupting their competitive landscape
- Specialist vendors who want to identify market opportunities and competitor innovation
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData's thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats.
- To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores.
- The algorithms in GlobalData's "thematic engine" help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen.
- Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the current and future landscape of the connected car
- Formulate investment plans for the three key areas of the connected car; HMI, Connectivity Suite and Telematics
- Understand how Connected Car developments might advance in the future and what challenges will be faced
- Understand the role 5G will play in automotive networking
- Gain insight into the growth potential for the Connected Car and all of its component parts
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Thematic briefing
- Industry analysis
- Value chain
- Sector scorecards
- Further reading
- Our thematic research methodology
- About GlobalData
- Contact Us