Product Code: GDHCHT278
Pain is a multifaceted disorder that can be classified in a multitude of ways. Pain can be classified based on physiology, intensity, temporal characteristics, type of tissue affected, and syndrome.
Innovation in the pain market over the last decade has been limited to new drug delivery systems, new extended-release formulations, and the repositioning of anticonvulsant and antidepressant therapeutics for difficult-to-treat pain conditions.
Despite the improvements in symptom relief offered by new treatments and delivery systems, the pain market still has significant unmet needs. Opioids remain the most effective modes of treatment. However, because of their abuse potential, they are typically administered for chronic pain conditions.
For the scope of this report, GlobalData will use the time course classification, with the main focus on chronic pain.
This report assesses -
- Physician perceptions on Pain Therapeutics usage in clinical practice Globally.
- Global Pain Therapeutics main classes Marketed products and main targets Pipeline products.
- Opportunities and Challenges
- Market analysis and Forecast
- Unmet Needs
- Key Players
The report combines information obtained from secondary sources and primary research with specialists and physicians.
GlobalData's Global Pain Therapeutics Market Overview report combines primary research from a cross-specialty panel of experts with in-house analyst expertise to provide an assessment of the development landscape.
- The Pain Therapeutics Market Is Highly Genericized
- The Neuropathic Pain Market Is the Most Valuable Segment Within the Pain Indications
- Innovation in the Pain Market Is Limited to New Drug Delivery Systems and New Formulations
- The Main Focus for Development in the Pipeline Is Drugs for Neuropathic Pain Indications
Components of the slide deck include primary and secondary research -
- Quotes from key opinion leaders
- Summary of Pain Therapeutics product definitions and classifications
- Overview of key classes of Pain Therapeutics marketed products and key targets for pipeline Pain products
- Trends in Global Pain Therapeutics market
- Call-outs of key information and details
- Insight from GlobalData's specialist healthcare analysts
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Pain Therapeutics.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global Pain Therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Abbreviations
- 1.2. Related Reports
2. Executive Summary
3. Pain Overview
- 3.1. What is Pain?
- 3.2. Pain Classification
- 3.3. Acute Pain
- 3.4. Transitional Pain
- 3.5. Chronic Pain
5. Clinical Trials
- 5.1. Pain Therapeutics in Clinical Trials
- 5.2. Pain Therapeutics Clinical Trials by Region
- 5.3. Pain Therapeutics Clinical Trials by Leading Sponsors
- 5.4. Pain Therapeutics in Clinical Trials - Challenges
- 5.5. Pain Therapeutics in Clinical Trials - Opportunities
6. Marketed Products
- 6.1. Marketed Global Pain Products
- 6.2. NSAIDs and COX-2 inhibitors
- 6.3. Opioids
- 6.4. Antidepressants and Anticonvulsants
7. Pipeline Products
- 7.1. Global Pain Therapeutics Pipeline Products
- 7.2. Beta Nerve Growth Factor Target
- 7.3. Pituitary Adenylate Cyclase-Activating Polypeptide (PACAP) Type I Receptor Target
- 7.4. Neurotensin Receptor 1 Target
8. Market Analysis
- 8.1. Mixed Pain Market Analysis and Forecast
- 8.2. Neuropathic Pain Market Analysis and Forecast
- 8.3. Nociceptive Pain Market Analysis and Forecast
- 8.4. Top 10 Deals in the Pain Therapeutics Space
- 8.5. H1 2021 Deals in the Pain Therapeutics Space
- 8.6. H2 2020- H1 2021 Mergers and Acquisitions in the Pain Therapeutics Space
9. Opportunities, Challenges, and Unmet Needs
- 9.1. Global Pain Therapeutics - Opportunities
- 9.2. Global Pain Therapeutics - Challenges
- 9.3. Global Pain Therapeutics Unmet Needs - Gap Analysis
10. Key Players
- 10.1. Pfizer
- 10.2. Eli Lilly
- 10.3. Allergan
- 10.4. Teva
- 10.5. Viatris
- 10.6. Novartis
- 11.1. Bibliography
- 11.2. Primary Research
- 11.3. About the Authors
- 11.4. About GlobalData
- 11.5. Contact Us
- 11.6. Disclaimer