Product Code: MF7C-39
Future Growth Potential Enhanced by Growth Opportunities in Innovative Digital Business Models
The chemicals and materials sector is focused on restructuring business processes using advanced digital technologies in keeping with similar trends being pursued by all major industries.
Frost & Sullivan's November 2019 report: Global Digital Transformation in Paints and Coatings, 2019, found that leading coating formulators have invested significantly in digital initiatives across all domains. However, most companies in the global adhesives and sealants industry are still in the early adoption stages of digital transformation in many domains and have put digitalisation to use in only a limited number of digital domains. Company research suggests digitalisation provides several growth opportunities for companies in the adhesives and sealants industry.
This report tracks the industry's transformation and seeks to identify future opportunities for digital technology. The use of innovative digital technologies in business models will enable easier management of key operations, deep and wide databases, customer interactivity, and diverse applications and verticals. Such innovative business models are expected to take center stage in the next 5 to 7 years in the global adhesives and sealants industry.
Nearly 50% of revenue from the global adhesives and sealants market is contributed by a small number of large global participants while the rest of the market is fragmented among several smaller companies. Of which, 7 of these 10 companies mostly operate in the formulation and sale of adhesives and sealants. The way in which digital technology will affect these companies will be strongly influenced by the specific requirements of the adhesives and sealants industry.
The findings in this report will be presented using the same 7 domains identified in the previous study. These domains are as follows:
- Digital Innovation investigates the use of digital technology in research and development and new product innovation.
- Digital Sourcing tracks the use of digital technology in the process of finding and procuring raw materials.
- Digital Business Models covers strategies designed to make a company's general business processes more digitalised.
- Digital Plant looks at how adhesives and sealants plants themselves can benefit from digital technology.
- Digital Product investigates the potential for adhesives and sealants (as a product) to be complemented by a digital offering.
- Digital Customers looks at how digital transformation within the key end-markets (customers) is transforming their demand for adhesives and sealants.
- Digital Marketing tracks the use of digital technology in marketing products to potential customers.
In summary, this study will explore:
- The enabling technologies behind digital transformation
- Current activity among adhesive and sealant formulators and raw materials suppliers in the 7 digital domains
- Future scenarios for adhesives and sealants in an increasingly digital world
Table of Contents
- Why is it Increasingly Difficult to Grow?
- The Strategic Imperative 8™
- Impact of Top Three Strategic Imperatives on Digital Transformation in the Adhesives and Sealants Industry
- Growth Opportunities Fuel the Growth Pipeline Engine™
Growth Opportunity Analysis: Digital Transformation in the Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry
- Executive Summary-Key Findings
- Introduction to Digital Transformation
- 7 Domains of Digitalisation
- The Adhesives and Sealants Industry-Market Structure
- Domains of Digitalisation
Digital Transformation in Adhesives and sealants
- Top Business Goals--Digital Transformation to Achieve Them
- Digital Innovation
- Digital Innovation--Case Studies
- Digital Sourcing
- Digital Plants
- Digital Plants--Case Studies
- Digital Plants--Case Studies (continued)
- Digital Business Models
- Digital Business Models--Case Study
- Digital Products
- Digital Products--Case Study
- Digital Customers
- Digital Customers--Case Study
- Digital Marketing
- Digital Domains as a Model
- Domains of Digital Activity
- Digital Transformation-Top Adhesives and Sealants Companies
- Predictions for the Future
Growth Opportunity Universe: Digital Transformation in the Adhesives and Sealants Market
- Growth Opportunity 1: Innovative Digital Business Models for Seamless Sourcing and Production, 2020
- Growth Opportunity 1: Innovative Digital Business Models for Seamless Sourcing and Production, 2020 (continued)
- Growth Opportunity 2: Investment in Digital Marketing Strategies for Enhanced Visibility Among Customers, 2020
- Growth Opportunity 2: Investment in Digital Marketing Strategies for Enhanced Visibility Among Customers, 2020 (continued)
- Growth Opportunity 3: Digitisation of Operations for Improved Speed and Cost Savings, 2020
- Growth Opportunity 3: Digitisation of Operations for Improved Speed and Cost Savings, 2020 (continued)
- List of Exhibits
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Estimates of Global Adhesives and Sealants Industry-Key Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Region
- Other Relevant Research
- Frost & Sullivan Can Support Clients in All Aspects of Digital Transformation
- Abbreviations and Acronyms Used