Product Code: D98B
Smartphones Project High Growth Opportunity in the Near Term
Existing widely used cellular communication technology 4G LTE is primarily used for high-speed data transfer and IoT connectivity. However, with shifting industry trends from human dependency to automation, there is a need for a more reliable and high-speed data transfer technology.
Considered as the next-gen of cellular technology, 5G enables high-speed data transfer in Gbps speed and extremely low latency communication, as desired by emerging applications, such as Tele-Robotic surgeries and autonomous vehicles.
Embedded in edge devices and across the IoT infrastructure, 5G chipsets play a vital role in technology advancement of 5G networks by enabling increased memory output and higher performance demanded by these next-gen IoT applications.
This technology and innovation report discusses key applications and growth opportunities leveraged by the 5G chipset industry.
- What are the pillars of 5G technology?
- What are the key requirements for successful 5G solutions?
- Who are the stakeholders involved in the 5G industry?
- How do chipset manufacturers contribute to the value chain?
- What are key next-gen applications enabled by 5G chipsets?
- What are the key growth opportunities leveraged by the 5G chipset industry?
- How will COVID-19 impact the 5G chipset industry in the near term?
Table of Contents
1.0 Executive Summary
- 1.1. Research Scope
- 1.2. Research Methodology
- 1.3. Research Methodology Explained
- 1.4. Summary of Key Findings
2.0 Introduction to 5G Chipsets
- 2.1. Proliferation of IoT Trends Driving Advancements in the 5G Chipset Industry
- 2.2. eMBB, mMTC, and MCS - Three Key Pillars of the 5G Industry
- 2.3. 5G Chipsets Enable Emerging Disruptive Applications
- 2.4. High Bandwidth and Low Latency Network to Enable Device Ubiquity for 5G Applications
3.0 The 5G Ecosystem
- 3.1. Industry Verticals to Emerge as Key Stakeholders in the 5G Ecosystem
- 3.2. Three Key Requirements to Decide Success of 5G Solutions
- 3.3. Customizable 5G Solutions Poised to Enhance Customer Value Proposition via B2B Engagement
4.0 Growth Opportunities for 5G Chipsets
- 4.1. 5G to Successfully Address Key Industry Challenges in the Long Term
- 4.2. Manufacturing, Transportation, Media, and Entertainment Industries Exhibit Highest Adoption Potential for 5G Chipsets
- 4.3. Growth Opportunity 1: Smartphones to Drive Adoption of 5G Chipsets in the Near Term
- 4.4. Growth Opportunity 2: Smart Manufacturing to Reap the Highest Benefits of 5G Adoption in the Medium Term
- 4.5. Growth Opportunity 3: 5G to Enhance Travel Experience and Safety for Commuters in the Long Term
5.0 Companies to Action
- 5.1. Prominent 5G Smartphone Chipset Companies to Watch Out For
- 5.2. Prominent 5G Chipset Companies to Watch Out for Non-Smartphone Applications
6.0 Impact of Covid-19 on 5G Chipset Industry
- 6.1. Coronavirus (COVID-19) is the Unexpected Catalyst for Technology Adoption to Improve Sales
7.0 Strategic Imperatives
- 7.1. 5G Chipset Companies Aggressively Expanding Portfolios Enabling End-to-End Solutions
- 7.2. Semiconductor Technology Developers Accelerate Strategic Collaborations to Showcase Technology Strengths
8.0 Industry Contacts
- 8.1. Key Industry Contacts
- Legal Disclaimer