Product Code: ME07-18
Burgeoning Need for Data Intelligence to Enable New Revenue Streams
The fleet telematics industry is undergoing significant transformation in terms of ‘platformization', digitalization, and data-driven business models. This transformation in the industry is set to open revenue opportunities for vendors as they diversify into new service-related revenue streams. Major telematics vendors have understood the need for progression and are headed in the right direction, while other vendors have struggled to innovate and often try to emulate strategies of market leaders. Most vendors in the industry are content with their mainstream offerings and ignore potential revenue-generating opportunities within their market radar.
Why Connected Truck Market?
- By 2020, globally about 30 million trucks will be connected.
- Nearly 40% of fleet managers feel connected trucks are a “must have”.
- With smart roads and smart cities, smart trucks will be a necessity.
- High value proposition for all ecosystem partners.
- Future trucks allow the user to easily pay for fuel, toll, parking, infotainment, and many more in real time.
Key Issues Addressed:
- What are the key growth opportunities for the telematics industry?
- What are the key attributes of the identified opportunities? How does it translate into benefits for customers?
- What is in it for telematics vendors? How can they add value by incorporating these opportunities to their mainstream telematics business?
- Who are the acting players within each opportunity and what are their best practices?
Table of Contents
- Key Findings
- Global Installed Base of Connected Trucks by Region-A Snapshot
- Perceived Importance of Trends Across Regions
- Evolution of Services
- Evolution of TSPs-Current Vs. Future
- Data Monetization Avenues
Research Scope, Objectives, and Methodology
- Research Scope
- Research Aims and Objectives
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Research Methodology
Definitions and Segmentation
- Definitions-Vehicles by Type
Key Growth Opportunities for TSPs-Opportunity 1: Smart City
- Smart City
- Smart City-Use Case and Benefit Realization
- Smart City-Target Audience
- Smart City-Case Study
- Blockchain-Use Case and Benefit Realization
- Blockchain-Target Participants
- Blockchain-Case Study
Opportunity 3-Open Platform
- Open Platform
- Open Platform-Use Case and Benefit Realization
- Open Platform-Target Audience
- Open Platform-Case Study
Opportunity 4-Smart Fleet Card
- Smart Fleet Card
- Smart Fleet Card-Use Case and Benefit Realization
- Smart Fleet Card-Target Audience
- Smart Fleet Card-Case Study
Opportunity 5-Data lake
- Data Lake
- Data Lake-Use Case and Benefit Realization
- Data Lake-Target Audience
- Data Lake-Case Study
Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity
- Strategic Imperatives
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Abbreviations and Acronyms Used
- Abbreviations and Acronyms Used (continued)
- Market Engineering Methodology
- List of Exhibits
- List of Exhibits (continued)