Product Code: CHINds
The Indian market saw an influx of Ayurvedic dietary supplements offered by gurus and yogis such as Baba Ramdev and Sri Ravi Shankar during the review period. The introduction of such products has been accompanied by the aggressive marketing of the ancient practice of Ayurveda and its benefits to consumers. Resonating with growing consumer concerns about the risks of side effects and potential harmful impact of long-term consumption associated with OTC medicines and western-style products.
Euromonitor International's‘ Dietary Supplements in India report’ offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Combination Dietary Supplements, Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements, Non-Herbal/Traditional Dietary Supplements.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Dietary Supplements market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market's major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Table of Contents
- Ayurvedic Products Help To Fuel Growth in Herbal/traditional Segment
- Evolving Lifestyles Support Growth in Demand
- Fssai Working To Tighten Regulatory Environment
- Dabur Shifts Focus of Core Brand's Marketing
- Growing Interest in Herbal/traditional Products
- Amway Targets Major Expansion
- Table 1 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of Dietary Supplements by Positioning: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Dietary Supplements: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Dietary Supplements by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Modern Lifestyles and More Holistic Approach Influencing Demand
- OTC Players Target Consumer Demand for Convenience and Rapid Results
- Manufacturers Responding To Demand for Natural and Ayurvedic Products
- Chemists/pharmacies Remain Key, While Future of E-commerce Remains Unclear
- Regulatory Changes Likely To Present Opportunities
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventative Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources