Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) is a thin, soft, flexible tube - an intravenous line that allows delivery of treatments such as IV medication as well as facilitates obtaining blood for laboratory testing.
The global Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter market was estimated at USD 674 million in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% over the forecast period. Primary market drivers include increasing preference for PICC by healthcare physicians. However, high risk of bloodstream infections, thrombosis, and phlebitis associated with the use of PICC and lack of skilled professionals is a significant market restraint.
Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) Market Segmentation
The global Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter market report segments the market by product type, by design, by end-user, and by region.
Based on product type, the market is segmented into Power injected and Conventional PICC. The Power Injected PICC segment dominated the global peripherally inserted central catheters market, accounting for 82% value share in 2017.
Based on design type, the market is segmented into three categories, namely Single Lumen, Double Lumen, and Multiple Lumen. Multiple Lumen design segment is anticipated to account for the largest share.
Geographically, the market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and RoW.
North America accounts for the dominant share regarding revenue, followed by Europe. Among emerging markets, Asia Pacific is estimated to exhibit a CAGR of 11% over the forecast period.
The report also profiles the following companies in the Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter market - AngioDynamics, Inc., C. R. Bard Inc., Teleflex Incorporated, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Medtronic plc, Vygon S.A, Cook Medical, Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Company, Boston Scientific Corporation, Argon Medical Devices, Inc., Medical Component Inc., and Theragenics Corporation.
The scope of the Report:
By Product Type
- Power injected
By Design Type
- Single Lumen
- Double Lumen
- Multiple Lumen
By End User
- Nursing Facility
- Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, Australia, Rest of Asia Pacific)
- Europe (Germany, France, The UK, Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- North America (The USA, Canada, Mexico)
- South America (Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America)* Rest of the World
Why purchase the report?
- Visualize the composition of the Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter market across each indication, regarding type and treatment options, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter market - level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter of all major market players
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Global Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Market - Methodology and Scope
- 1.1 Research Methodology
- 1.2 Scope of the Report
Chapter 2 Global Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Market - Trends
- 2.1 Key Trends & Developments
Chapter 3 Global Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Market - Industry Analysis
- 3.1 Market Drivers
- 3.1.1. Increasing preference for PICC by healthcare physicians
- 3.2 Market Restraints
- 3.2.1. High risk of infections associated with use of PICC
- 3.3. Threats and Opportunities
- 3.4. Porter's 5 Forces
Chapter 4 Global Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Market - Market Analysis
- 4.1. Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Market - By Product Type
- 4.1.1 Power injected
- 4.1.2 Conventional
- 4.2 Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Market - By Design Type
- 4.2.1 Single Lumen
- 4.2.2 Double Lumen
- 4.2.3 Multiple Lumen
- 4.3 Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Market - By Distribution Channel
- 4.3.1 Hospitals
- 4.3.2 Nursing Facilities
- 4.3.3 Homecare
Chapter 5 Global Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Market - Geographical Analysis
- 5.1. North America
- 5.1.1. The USA
- 5.1.2. Canada
- 5.1.3. Mexico
- 5.2. Europe
- 5.2.1. Germany
- 5.2.2. France
- 5.2.3. The UK
- 5.2.4. Italy
- 5.2.5. Spain
- 5.2.6. Rest of Europe
- 5.3. Asia Pacific
- 5.3.1. China
- 5.3.2. Japan
- 5.3.3. India
- 5.3.4. Australia
- 5.3.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 5.4. South America
- 5.4.1. Brazil
- 5.4.2. Argentina
- 5.4.3. Rest of South America
- 5.5 Rest of the World
Chapter 6 Product Pipeline Analysis
Chapter 7 Clinical Trail Analysis
Chapter 8 Global Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Market - Competitive Landscape
- 8.1. Market Share Analysis
- 8.2. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
- 8.3. New Product Launches
Chapter 9 Global Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Market - Company Profiles
- 9.1 AngioDynamics, Inc.
- 9.2 C. R. Bard Inc.
- 9.3 Teleflex Incorporated
- 9.4 B. Braun Melsungen AG
- 9.5 Medtronic plc
- 9.6 Vygon S.A
- 9.7 Cook Medical, Inc.
- 9.8 Becton, Dickinson and Company
- 9.9 Boston Scientific Corporation
- 9.10 Argon Medical Devices, Inc.
- 9.11 Medical Component Inc.
- 9.12 Theragenics Corporation
Chapter 10 Global Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter Market - Appendix
- 10.1 Sources
- 10.2 List of Tables
- 10.3 Expert Panel Validation
- 10.4 Disclaimer
- 10.5 Contact Us