This is DMG Consulting's inaugural Call Tracking Product Report. The Report provides a thorough and comprehensive analysis of this niche IT sector that is increasing in importance as a result of the digital transformation that is taking place in organizations around the world. Companies appreciate the value of call tracking in delivering significant improvements in marketing efficiency and effectiveness, quantifiable increases in sales, and high levels of customer satisfaction.
DMG Consulting defines call tracking, fundamentally, as "software and analytics that are used to capture inbound call activity to determine the effectiveness of online (e.g., search engine optimization (SEO), social media, pay-per-click, web banners, mobile, etc.) and offline (e.g., TV/radio/print ads, billboards, trade show promotional items, etc.) marketing campaigns." In addition to tracking incoming calls, leads and sales conversions, featurerich call tracking solutions can calculate revenue generation, provide interactive voice response (IVR) functionality that can route and prioritize callers, integrate with customer relationship management (CRM) systems to increase leads, provide web-form tracking, call recording and speech analytics capabilities.
A call tracking solution can help businesses assess the end-to-end efficacy of their marketing programs. Call tracking is also a step in the customer journey, providing detailed insights into customers and their responses to marketing or other campaigns. The more sophisticated of these solutions leverage data from CRM systems and other third-party applications to deliver personalized customer experiences, which promote increased conversion rates and more satisfied customers.
Call tracking improves marketing effectiveness while also improving the perception of the contact center as an essential contributor to a business's bottom line. It gathers important details about customers and their buying preferences, and shares this data with the contact center, which can use it to optimize sales by routing calls to the most appropriate agent.
Call tracking supports the value of the voice channel for service, support and sales. DMG research has shown that voice remains the "go to" channel when customers have a serious issue that requires advice, consultation or immediate resolution. Call tracking shows that when a phone number is added to an online marketing campaign, sales increase.
The 2019 Call Tracking Product Report closely examines these highly valuable and increasingly popular solutions. The Report produces a detailed analysis of 5 vendors: Convirza, Freespee, Infinity, Invoca and Marchex. It explains how these solutions are being used, their benefits, and highlights best practices to help companies realize the greatest return from their investment.
Key Reasons to Buy this Report
- Definition of call tracking; what it does, how it works, functional components that comprise these solutions, and omni-channel/omni-media capabilities
- Enterprise benefits of call tracking
- Review of the market trends and challenges that are driving interest and investments
- Review of the call tracking competitive landscape
- Overview of the 5 featured call tracking vendors, including company snapshots, product offerings, and packaged/verticalized solutions Detailed company reports for the 5 call tracking vendors, analyzing their products, functionality and future product development plans
- Call tracking market activity and market growth projections
- Comprehensive functional analysis, including interactive voice response (IVR)/ intelligent virtual agents (IVAs), outbound, lead/contact management and fraud management capabilities
- Detailed technical analysis, including administration/design and development environment, user interface (UI), artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, integration and security and compliance capabilities
- Review of call tracking key performance indicators (KPIs), dashboards/reporting and analytics environment
- Implementation and return on investment (ROI) analysis, including vendor methodology, best practices, training and professional services, and maintenance and support
- Call tracking pricing models
- Comprehensive Vendor Directory covering all known vendors who provide call tracking functionality
- The voice channel is alive and well: Though market pundits have been warning of its impending death, the voice channel is thriving for marketing, sales and service. Customers prefer the voice channel for serious inquiries that require human cognition to resolve, and also for purchasing products, even after performing research in online channels.
- It's vital for marketing departments to know which ad sources and campaigns are driving sales: Advertising is expensive and ubiquitous, in many online and offline forms. Marketing organizations need to know which campaigns are most effective in attracting customers and generating revenue. Call tracking can provide valuable insights about customers and their buying patterns.
- Call tracking helps personalize the customer experience: Call tracking can integrate with applications like CRM systems, IVRs and IVAs to leverage customer data and deliver highly relevant and customized communications and recommendations. This results in higher conversion rates, increased revenue, improved brand loyalty and an enhanced customer experience.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
3. What is Call Tracking?
- 3.1. How Call Tracking Works
- 3.2 Phone Numbers
- 3.3 High-Level Functional Summary
- 3.4 Omni-Channel/Omni-Media Capabilities
4. Benefits of Call Tracking
5. Call Tracking Market Trends
6. Call Tracking Market Challenges
7. Call Tracking Competitive Landscape
- 7.1 Market Activity
- 7.2 Call Tracking Market Projections
- 7.3 Company Snapshot
- 7.4 Vendor Offerings and Products
- 7.5 Packaged/Verticalized Applications
8. Call Tracking Functional Analysis
- 8.1 IVR/IVA
- 8.2 Outbound Capabilities
- 8.3 Lead/Contact Management
- 8.4 Fraud Management
9. Call Tracking Technical Analysis
- 9.1 Administration/Design and Development Environment
- 9.2 User Interface
- 9.3 Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- 9.4 Integration
- 9.5 Security and Compliance
10. Reporting, Dashboards and Analytics
- 10.1 Call/Conversation Analytics
- 10.2 Sales Analytics
11. Implementation and ROI Analysis
12. Call Tracking Pricing Structure
13. Company Reports
- 13.1 Convirza
- 13.2 Freespee
- 13.3 Infinity
- 13.4 Invoca
- 13.5 Marchex, Inc.
Appendix: Call Tracking Vendor Directory
TABLE OF FIGURES
- Figure 1: Call Tracking Methods
- Figure 2: Call Tracking Methods
- Figure 3: High-Level Functional Summary
- Figure 4: Omni-Channel/Omni-Media Support
- Figure 5: Call Tracking Benefits
- Figure 6: Call Tracking Market Trends
- Figure 7: Call Tracking Market Challenges
- Figure 8: Call Tracking Competitive Landscape
- Figure 9: Company Snapshot
- Figure 10: Product Information
- Figure 11: Packaged/Verticalized Applications
- Figure 12: IVR/IVA
- Figure 13: Outbound Capabilities
- Figure 14: Lead/Contact Management
- Figure 15: Fraud Management
- Figure 16: Administration/Design and Development Environment
- Figure 17: User Interface
- Figure 18: AI and Machine Learning
- Figure 19: Integration
- Figure 20: Security and Compliance
- Figure 21: Dashboards, Reporting and Analytics
- Figure 22: Call/Conversation Analytics
- Figure 23: Sales Analytics
- Figure 24: Implementation Analysis
- Figure 25: Pricing Structure