The 2019-2020 Contact Center Analytics Product and Market Report, formerly titled the Contact Center Speech Analytics Product and Market Report, is DMG Consulting's 14th annual report on this analytics sector. The Report was renamed this year to reflect DMG's expansion of its coverage to include interaction analytics (speech and text) along with the growing customer journey analytics (CJA) solution market. The focus of this Report is contact center analytics vendors and their offerings.
Speech and text analytics solutions (collectively known as interaction analytics) provide a consistent method for structuring and mining customer data across all voice and digital interactions. The goal is to obtain a comprehensive view of what transpires between customers and organizations at all touchpoints. This is an essential part of the digital transformation occurring in enterprises today - customers are communicating in a growing number of channels, and organizations need a standardized, consolidated view of customer activity, which is where CJA fits in.
Interaction analytics experienced its best year in 2018, when over 990,000 new seats were sold. In 2019, the market finally experienced a sustained adoption cycle of real-time speech analytics capabilities, driven by the need for immediate feedback from the customer journey, and the need for real-time guidance and input into third-party solutions to enable predictive analytics. These solutions provide institutional insights along with sentiment, to help understand customers' experience at every step of their interaction with an organization.
Interaction analytics finds patterns by individual customer or agent, as well as for contact centers, other departments, and for the enterprise overall. When applied on an omni-channel basis, these solutions can identify trends and opportunities anywhere in the organization. The challenge is to share these findings throughout the enterprise, and this is where CJA solutions come into play. CJA solutions allow businesses to leverage insights and intelligence from interaction analytics and other enterprise systems to identify and deliver relevant and personalized communications and recommendations to drive an enhanced customer experience. CJA solutions can also identify areas of improvement in an organization's policies and processes, and find the most effective ways to remove impediments and enhance relationships with customers.
DMG expects adoption of interaction analytics solutions to continue to pick up momentum during the next few years, as long as the economy remains strong. Sales will include new sites and replacements, driven by innovations in many areas, including artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, scalability, and processing speed. International adoption of interaction analytics is contributing to the growth of this sector, another trend that is expected to continue. CJA is an emerging solution, still in its infancy, but its potential benefits are massive. Growth of the CJA sector is expected to be slow but steady for the next few years.
The 2019-2020 Contact Center Analytics Product and Market Report provides an in-depth analysis of the interaction analytics and CJA markets: the competitive landscape, product innovation, as well as market, business and servicing trends and challenges. The Report examines market activity and provides 5-year market projections. It is intended to help contact center, back-office, branch, IT and enterprise decision-makers in companies of all sizes select the right solution to meet their current and future analytics needs. The Report features 8 leading and contending vendors who provide interaction analytics and/or CJA applications as part of a broader workforce optimization (WFO) offering or as a best-of-breed solution. These vendors are: Calabrio, CallMiner, NICE, Pointillist, Sestek, Verint, Voci and Xdroid. Two other vendors, Allo-Media and VoiceBase, are covered at a higher level.
Key Reasons to Buy this Report
- IA defined: how it works, a comparative review of the functional capabilities in the 8 featured solutions, and top contact center and enterprise uses of IA
- CJA defined: how it works, a comparative review of the functional capabilities in the 8 featured solutions, and top contact center and enterprise uses of CJA
- Market trends and challenges driving vendor innovation and enterprise investments in IA and CJA
- Vendor research and development (R&D); new functionality recently introduced, and planned enhancements in the next 12 - 18 months
- Insightful discussion on how AI and automation are changing the nature of the contact center and the role of agents in the future
- Examination of the essential contribution of IA to reconstructing, analyzing and improving the customer journey
- Discussion of how analytics is being used to enhance the value and output of WFO applications
- Market activity and market share analysis, adoption rate, and 5-year projections
- Analysis of the IA and CJA competitive landscape, including a discussion of new and emerging competitors, company snapshots, product offerings, functional summaries and packaged offerings
- Implementation analyses for both IA and CJA, including vendor best practices, maintenance and support, workshops, training and professional services
- Comprehensive vendor satisfaction survey results that measure and rank vendor approval ratings across 10 vendor categories, 6 product components and 7 effectiveness categories
- Detailed pricing comparison and analysis for on-premise and cloud-based IA and CJA implementations
- Detailed company reports for the 10 vendors covered in this Report, including products, functionality and future product development plans
- IA and CJA Vendor Directories
- The title of this year's Report reflects its wider scope: The digital transformation encompasses a growing number of channels that support customers and partners. Enterprises need to be able to analyze customer interactions in their increasingly omni-channel environments. This Report has therefore expanded its coverage from speech analytics to a broader view that includes interaction analytics and intelligence derived from other touchpoints throughout the enterprise, as well as CJA.
- Sales of interaction analytics solutions continue to grow: Real-time capabilities represent the future of the speech analytics market. The real-time speech analytics market saw its first sustained adoption cycle in 2019, driven by the need for input into third-party applications and immediate feedback to improve the customer experience.
- Interaction (speech and text) analytics, powered by AI capabilities, is a highly valuable source of data for CJA solutions: Interaction analytics can convert unstructured conversations into structured transcripts and company insights. They identify patterns and trends that can be fed into CJA solutions (and other enterprise BI solutions) to help companies spot impediments in the customer journey and to personalize and customize each customer's experience with the enterprise.
- DMG expects sales of interaction analytics and CJA solutions to grow over the next few years: Sales of interaction analytics, including new sites and geographies and replacement solutions, are expected to pick up momentum over the next few years, as long as the economy remains strong. These solutions are incorporating innovative capabilities that will drive increasing sales. CJA, still in its infancy, will likely grow at a steady pace, benefiting from executives' interest in improving the customer experience and enterprise productivity.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary
2. DMG Consulting Research Methodology
- 2.1 Report Participation Criteria
4. Contact Center Analytics
- 4.1 Interaction (Speech/Text) Analytics
- 4.1.1 Interaction Analytics Functional Summary
- 4.1.2 Interaction Analytics Uses
- 4.2 Customer Journey Analytics
- 4.2.1 Customer Journey Analytics Functional Summary
- 4.2.2 Customer Journey Analytics Uses
5. Contact Center Analytics Market Trends
6. Contact Center Analytics Market Challenges
7. Contact Center Analytics Market Innovation
- 7.1 New Product Features
- 7.2 Future Enhancements
8. Is AI the "End Game" for Agents?
9. A Journey, Not a Destination: Curating the Customer Experience
10. AI and Analytics-Driven Workforce Optimization
11. Contact Center Analytics Market Activity Analysis
- 11.1 Validating Market Activity Numbers
- 11.2 Interaction Analytics Market Growth Rate
- 11.3 Interaction Analytics Market Activity Analysis
12. Interaction Analytics Market Adoption
13. Contact Center Analytics Market Projections
14. Contact Center Analytics Competitive Landscape
- 14.1 Company Snapshots
- 14.2 Vendor Products and Offerings
15. Implementation Analysis
- 15.1 Integration
- 15.2 Security and Compliance
- 15.3 Business Intelligence, Reporting and Dashboards
16. Contact Center Analytics Vendor Satisfaction Survey
- 16.1 Summary of Survey Findings and Analysis
- 16.2 Product Satisfaction by Category
- 16.3 Product Effectiveness Satisfaction by Category
- 16.4 Customer Insights
- 16.4.1 Analytics Solution(s) Being Used
- 16.4.2 Business Units Using Results from IA and CJA Analytics
- 16.4.3 Top 3 - 5 Business Benefits
- 16.4.4 Top 3 - 5 Distinctive Features Provided by the Analytics Solutions
- 16.4.5 Biggest Contact Center Impact Made by the Analytics Solution(s)
- 16.4.6 Desired Enhancements/Additional Capabilities
- 16.4.7 Additional Comments
- 17.1 Interaction Analytics Premise-Based Pricing
- 17.2 Interaction Analytics Cloud-Based Pricing
- 17.3 Customer Journey Analytics Premised-Based Pricing
- 17.4 Customer Journey Analytics Cloud-Based Pricing
18. Company Reports
- 18.1 Allo-Media
- 18.2 Calabrio
- 18.3 CallMiner, Inc.
- 18.4 NICE
- 18.5 Pointillist
- 18.6 Sestek
- 18.7 Verint Systems, Inc.
- 18.8 Voci Technologies, Inc.
- 18.9 VoiceBase, Inc.
- 18.10 Xdroid
Appendix: Contact Center Analytics Vendor Directory
TABLE OF FIGURES
- Figure 1: What is Interaction Analytics?
- Figure 2.1: Interaction Analytics Functional Summary
- Figure 2.2: Interaction Analytics Functional Summary
- Figure 3.1: Interaction Analytics Uses
- Figure 3.2: Interaction Analytics Uses
- Figure 4: CJA Defined
- Figure 5.1: Customer Journey Analytics High-Level Functional Summary
- Figure 5.2: Customer Journey Analytics High-Level Functional Summary
- Figure 6.1: Customer Journey Analytics Uses
- Figure 6.2: Customer Journey Analytics Uses
- Figure 7: Contact Center Analytics Market Trends
- Figure 8: Contact Center Analytics Market Challenges
- Figure 9: New Product Features, by Vendor
- Figure 10: Future Enhancements, by Category
- Figure 11.1: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Automation Capabilities
- Figure 11.2: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Automation Capabilities
- Figure 12.1: Using Interaction Analytics and AI as an Input into Customer Journey Analytics
- Figure 12.2: Using Interaction Analytics and AI as an Input into Customer Journey Analytics
- Figure 13.1: Leveraging AI and Analytics to Improve Contact Center WFO Applications
- Figure 13.2: Leveraging AI and Analytics to Improve Contact Center WFO Applications
- Figure 14: Interaction Analytics Seats and Percent Growth 2008 - 2018 (end of May 2019)
- Figure 15: Interaction Analytics Seat Trend Detail by Geography, 2008 - 2018
- Figure 16: Interaction Analytics Market Activity, as of May 31, 2019
- Figure 17: Interaction Analytics Market Share Based on Seats, as of May 2019
- Figure 18: Interaction Analytics Customers and Seats by Vendor, 2018 vs. 2017
- Figure 19: Interaction Analytics Customer Trends by Vendor, 2012 - 2018
- Figure 20: Interaction Analytics Customer Trends by Vendor, 2012 -2018
- Figure 21: Interaction Analytics Seat Trends by Vendor, 2012 - 2018
- Figure 22: Interaction Analytics Seat Trends by Vendor, 2012 - 2018
- Figure 23: Interaction Analytics Contact Center Adoption Rate, 2008 - 2018
- Figure 24: Interaction Analytics Market Growth Rate Projections Based on Seats, 2019 - 2023
- Figure 25: IA Competitive Landscape
- Figure 26: CJA Competitive Landscape
- Figure 27.1: Company Snapshot
- Figure 27.2: Company Snapshot
- Figure 28: Product Offering
- Figure 29.1: Implementation and ROI Analysis
- Figure 29.2: Implementation and ROI Analysis
- Figure 30.1: Integration
- Figure 30.2: Integration
- Figure 31.1: Security and Compliance
- Figure 31.2: Security and Compliance
- Figure 32.1: Business Intelligence, Reporting and Dashboards
- Figure 32.2: Business Intelligence, Reporting and Dashboards
- Figure 33: Customer Survey Rating Categories
- Figure 34: Average Vendor Satisfaction Ratings, by Category
- Figure 35: Product Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 36: Implementation Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 37: Training/Workshops Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 38: Ongoing Service and Support Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 39: Professional Services Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 40: Product Innovation Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 41: Responsiveness to Product Enhancement Requests Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 42: Vendor Communication Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 43: Pricing Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 44: Overall Vendor Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 45: Product Satisfaction Ratings, by Category
- Figure 46: User interface (UI)/Usability; Ease of Ongoing Use and Program Maintenance Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 47: Dashboards, Reporting, Analytics Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 48: Real-Time Capabilities Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 49: Business Intelligence Capabilities Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 50: Artificial Intelligence Capabilities Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 51: Ease of Integration with Third-Party Applications Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 52: Product Effectiveness Satisfaction Ratings, by Category
- Figure 53: Ability to capture, aggregate and analyze data from all voice and digital interactions from disparate channels, by Customer
- Figure 54: Ability to identify relevant and actionable data (time to insight), by Customer
- Figure 55: Ability to Automatically Surface issues, trends and root causes Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 56: Ability to Understand the Voice of the Customer (VoC) and Customer Preferences Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 57: Ability to Measure Customer Effort and Identify Issues that Impact the Customer Experience, by Customer
- Figure 58: Ability to Deliver Results that Provide Quantifiable Business Value Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 59: Ability to Leverage Insights to Optimize Customer Outcomes Satisfaction Ratings, by Customer
- Figure 60: What analytics solutions are you using from this vendor?
- Figure 61: What business units are using interaction analytics and CJA findings?
- Figure 62: What are the top 3 - 5 business benefits you are realizing from your analytics solution(s)?
- Figure 63: What are the top 3 - 5 things this analytics solution provides that you are unable to get from any other solution?
- Figure 64: What is the biggest impact this application has made in the contact center?
- Figure 65: What enhancements/additional capabilities would you like to see in your analytics solution(s)?
- Figure 66: Additional comments about your experience with the vendor and/or product
- Figure 67: Interaction Analytics: Pricing for a 250-Seat Premise-Based Solution
- Figure 68: Interaction Analytics: Pricing for a 250-Seat Cloud-Based Solution
- Figure 69: Customer Journey Analytics: Pricing for a 250-Seat Premise- Based Solution
- Figure 70: Customer Journey Analytics: Pricing for a 250-Seat Cloud-Based Solution