Product Code: DMKC0185142
This Market Spotlight report covers the Hodgkin's Lymphoma market, comprising key marketed and pipeline drugs, clinical trials, key upcoming and regulatory events, recent events and analyst opinion, patent information, a 10-year disease incidence forecast, probability of success, and licensing and acquisition deals, as well as presenting drug-specific revenue forecasts.
- Datamonitor Healthcare estimates that in 2019, there were 80,800 incident cases of Hodgkin's lymphoma worldwide, and expects that number to increase to 86,500 incident cases by 2028. In the same year, there were approximately 277,600 five-year prevalent cases of Hodgkin's lymphoma worldwide, which is expected to increase to 295,000 five-year prevalent cases by 2028. The approved drugs in the Hodgkin's lymphoma space target antibody-drug conjugate, cluster of differentiation 30/tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 8, microtubules, DNA, the immune system, and programmed death-1 receptor/programmed death ligands. The majority of the approved drugs are administered via the intravenous route.
- The majority of the industry-sponsored drugs in active clinical development for Hodgkin's lymphoma are in Phase II, with no drugs in Phase III.
- Therapies in the pipeline for Hodgkin's lymphoma focus on a wide variety of targets. The majority of the pipeline drugs in development are administered via the oral or intravenous routes, with only one product being tested in an intratumoral formulation.
- The only high-impact upcoming event in the Hodgkin's lymphoma space is topline Phase II trial results for ADCT-301. The overall likelihood of approval of a Phase I hematologic asset is 10%, and the average probability a drug advances from Phase III is 59.6%. Drugs, on average, take 8.9 years from Phase I to approval, compared to 9.3 years in the overall oncology space.
- There have been 36 licensing and asset acquisition deals involving Hodgkin's lymphoma drugs during 2015-20. The largest deal was the $1,456m collaboration agreement in 2015 between Eli Lilly and Innovent Biologics for the development and potential commercialization of at least three cancer treatments over the next decade.
- The distribution of clinical trials across Phase I-IV indicates that the vast majority of trials for Hodgkin's lymphoma have been in the early and mid-phases of development, with 94% of trials in Phase I-II, and only 6% in Phase III-IV.
- The US has a substantial lead in the number of Hodgkin's lymphoma clinical trials globally. France leads the major European markets, while China has the top spot in Asia.
- Clinical trial activity in the Hodgkin's lymphoma space is dominated by completed trials. Takeda has the highest number of completed clinical trials for Hodgkin's lymphoma, with 50 trials.
- Takeda leads industry sponsors with the highest overall number of clinical trials for Hodgkin's lymphoma, followed by Bristol Myers Squibb.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Radiation therapy
- Stem cell transplantation (SCT)
RECENT EVENTS AND ANALYST OPINION
- Keytruda for Hodgkin's Lymphoma (March 2, 2020)
- Folotyn for Hodgkin's Lymphoma (January 17, 2019)
KEY UPCOMING EVENTS
KEY REGULATORY EVENTS
- A Slew Of Standard Reviews
PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS
LICENSING AND ASSET ACQUISITION DEALS
- BeiGene Reacquires Tislelizumab Ahead Of Bristol/Celgene Merger
CLINICAL TRIAL LANDSCAPE
- Sponsors by status
- Sponsors by phase
LIST OF FIGURES
- Figure 1: Trends in Incident Cases of Hodgkin's Lymphoma, 2019-28
- Figure 2: Overview of pipeline drugs for Hodgkin's lymphoma in the US
- Figure 3: Pipeline drugs for Hodgkin's lymphoma, by company
- Figure 4: Pipeline drugs for Hodgkin's lymphoma, by drug type
- Figure 5: Pipeline drugs for Hodgkin's lymphoma, by classification
- Figure 6: Keytruda for Hodgkin's Lymphoma (March 2, 2020): Phase III - KEYNOTE-204
- Figure 7: Key upcoming events in Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Figure 8: Probability of success in the Hodgkin's lymphoma pipeline
- Figure 9: Licensing and asset acquisition deals in Hodgkin's lymphoma, 2015-20
- Figure 10: Parent patents in Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Figure 11: Clinical trials in Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Figure 12: Top 10 drugs for clinical trials in Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Figure 13: Top 10 companies for clinical trials in Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Figure 14: Trial locations in Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Figure 15: Hodgkin's lymphoma trials status
- Figure 16: Hodgkin's lymphoma trials sponsors, by phase
LIST OF TABLES
- Table 1: Incident Cases of Hodgkin's Lymphoma, 2019-28
- Table 2: Five-Year Prevalent Cases of Hodgkin's Lymphoma, 2019-28
- Table 3: Marketed drugs for Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Table 4: Pipeline drugs for Hodgkin's lymphoma in the US
- Table 5: Keytruda for Hodgkin's Lymphoma (March 2, 2020)
- Table 6: Folotyn for Hodgkin's Lymphoma (January 17, 2019)
- Table 7: Historical global sales, by drug ($m), 2014-18
- Table 8: Forecasted global sales, by drug ($m), 2020-24