Product Code: W28
CSIL market research report Furniture Outlook for Asia and the Pacific provides an overview of the furniture industry for 32 countries in the following geographical regions:
- West Asia (10 countries): Bahrain, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates;
- Central Asia (5 countries): Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan;
- South Asia (4 countries): Bangladesh, India, Iran, Pakistan;
- China (2 markets): China and Hong Kong (China);
- East Asia (3 countries): Japan, South Korea, Taiwan;
- South-East Asia (6 countries): Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam;
- Oceania (2 countries): Australia and New Zealand.
Data cover production, consumption, imports, exports for 2015 and consumption forecasts for 2016, 2017 and 2018.
This market research report also includes:
- Apparent furniture consumption by country and by geographical area, current status and prospects;
- Furniture imports by country and by geographical area including a matrix showing the main countries of origin of furniture imports;
- Furniture exports by country and by geographical area including a matrix showing the main countries of destination of furniture exports;
- Furniture production by country;
- Main urban markets (urbanization will be rapid, with important implications for the growth of furniture consumption).
Statistics and outlook data are also available in a country format:
- Furniture market size;
- Furniture production;
- Furniture trade;
- Origin of furniture imports;
- Destination of furniture exports;
- Country rankings to place all statistics in a broad Asia Pacific context.
The 32 country tables include additional socio economic indicators:
- Total household consumption expenditure;
- Total GNP at purchasing power parity;
- Per capita GNP at purchasing power parity;
- Urban population;
- Internet users and mobile cellular subscriptions.
Key features of the study:
- A picture of the furniture industry in Asia Pacific;
- A rich collection of key country-data allowing comparisons among countries;
- Forecasts on the evolution of furniture market in the considered countries in 2016, 2017 and 2018, based on the analysis of furniture industry dynamics and macro-economic indicators;
With more than 4 billion inhabitants, and a per capita GNP of around USD 7,000, the Asia Pacific region is a key player in the international furniture sector. It is by far the largest furniture manufacturing, exporting and consuming area at a global level and its role has strongly grown in the last two decades changing the geography of the furniture industry. The whole area currently accounts respectively for over 50% and over 40%of the world furniture production and consumption and boasts a total apparent furniture consumption (at production prices, excluding retail markup) of more than USD 187 billion. The 5 top markets, with consumption above USD 5 billion, are China, India, Japan, South Korea and Australia
Table of Contents
Abstract of Table of Contents
PART I OVERVIEW
- Furniture consumption Asia and Pacific
- Basic economic data on countries of Asia and Pacific.
- Overview of the furniture sector in Asia and Pacific.
- Furniture consumption
- Furniture imports
- Furniture exports
- Furniture production
- The outlook for furniture consumption
PART II FURNITURE INDICATORS FOR ASIA AND PACIFIC
Overview of the furniture sector in Asia and Pacific. Alphabetical order
- Overview of the furniture sector in Asia and Pacific. Ranking by size of imports
- Furniture Exports, 2010-2015,US$ Million
- Furniture Imports, 2010-2015, US$ Million
- Furniture Trade. Destination of exports. Ranking by size of exports
- Furniture Trade. Origin of imports. Ranking by size of imports
- Furniture market outlook 2016- 2018, alphabetical order
APPENDIX - Notes, presentation conventions, classification of countries