Polydextrose (PD) is a non-digestible soluble dietary fiber used widely in most sectors of the food industry. As the development of PD in the last decades, it has become one of the most popular and welcomed dietary fibers being applied in various fields in China.
China is one of the major countries of PD production and export around the globe. With the new entrants of PD industry in last few years, the capacity of PD has increased dramatically.
Since COVID-19 was basically under control in March in China, all the major PD producers have resumed production in early March when the lockdowns being lifted. However, the prices of PD by major producers were stable with small decrease due to the weak demand and decreased export volume in 2020.
The export volume of PD in China reached record high level in 2019. It increased dramatically from 2015 to 2019. In 2019, the export destinations of China's PD have extended to 50 countries.
The PD consumption in China kept increasing in the last few years. And China has been the third PD consumers following the US and Europe. The consumption volume of PD enjoyed a constant increase in recent years, rising constantly from 2017 to 2019.
How will this industry go in the coming years? This report presents an overview of Polydextrose market research of in China, as well as a forecast on the industry future trend. You will definitely get some refreshing information on the Polydextrose market in China from the report.
This report will illustrate the details for readers through the following aspects:
- Polydextrose production in China, 2017-2019, including capacity, output and running rate
- Consumption of PD on different areas in China, including lactobacillus drinks, dairy drinks, health care products and so on
- Export situations of PD and export tax rebate situations in China
- Market price trend from 2015 to 2019 and market price of major producers
- Forecast on supply, consumptions and market price of Polydextrose in China to 2021
Table of Contents
1 China supply
- 1.1 China capacity
- 1.2 Running rate
2 Price monitoring
4 China demand
- 4.1 Domestic sales
- 4.2 Main application
- 4.3 Customers status
6 Market forecast
7 Short profiles of 5 main producers in China
- 7.1 Tate & Lyle Food Ingredients (Nantong) Co., Ltd.
- 7.2 Henan Tailijie Biotech Co., Ltd.
- 7.3 Baolingbao Biology Co., Ltd.
- 7.4 Shandong Bailong Chuangyuan Bio-tech Co., Ltd.
- 7.5 Runloy Biotech (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
LIST OF TABLES
- Table 1.2-1 Capacity and output of PD by major producers in China, 2017-2019
- Table 3-1 Monthly export volume and value of PD in China, 2019
- Table 3-2 Export destinations of PD in China by volume and share, 2019
- Table 3-3 Export volume of PD by Chinese producers, 2019
- Table 4.1-1 National Food Safety Standard for Food Additive Polydextrose GB 25541-2010
- Table 4.1-2 Domestic consumption volume in China, 2017-2019
- Table 4.2-1 Consumption volume of polydextrose by application fields in China, 2017-2019, tonne
- Table 4.3-1 Major customers of PD in China, 2019
- Table 4.3-2 Parts of the major customers and their suppliers in China, 2019
- Table 5-1 Regulation of application field and label requirement of PD
- Table 5-2 The permitted application and use of Polydextrose in food by GB2760
- Table 7.1-1 Capacity and output of PD in Tate & Lyle Nantong, 2017-2019
- Table 7.2-1 Capacity and output of PD in Henan Tailijie, 2017-2019
- Table 7.3-1 Capacity and output of PD in Baolingbao Biology, 2017-2019
- Table 7.4-1 Capacity and output of PD in Bailong Chuangyuan, 2017-2019
- Table 7.5-1 Capacity and output of PD in Runloy Shanghai, 2017-2019
LIST OF FIGURES
- Figure 1.1-1 Capacity of PD producers in China by region, 2019
- Figure 2-1 Market price of PD (unrefined) in China, 2015-2019
- Figure 2-2 Market price of PD by major producers in China, April 2020
- Figure 2-3 Forecast on PD price in China, 2019-2021
- Figure 4.1-1 Domestic consumption volume in China, 2017-2019
- Figure 4.2-1 Shares of PD consumptions by application fields in China, 2019
- Figure 6-1 Forecast on PD output in China, 2019-2021
- Figure 6-2 Forecast on PD consumption in China, 2019-2021