Currently, China's sodium borohydride industry is facing overcapacity. The capacity increased slightly from 6,100 t/a in 2016 to 7,100 t/a in 2020, with a CAGR of 3.87%. In 2020, the output of sodium borohydride was 3,730 tonnes, and the operating rate in the whole industry was just about 53%.
Still, it's not easy for new entrants to get a foothold in the domestic market, since the top three producers have taken up the majority of the national output.
Sodium borohydride produced in China is mainly used within the country. As a selective reducing agent, sodium borohydride is mainly consumed in pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals, and these two fields accounted for the majority of the total consumption volume in 2020. Other fields, such as intermediates & fine chemicals and electronic products, consumed small volumes of the product.
Yet, sodium borohydride faces competition from substitutes, especially potassium borohydride, which has the same properties but has a lower price. In this report, more comprehensive information is provided.
Reasons to buy this report
Gain insight into general market of sodium borohydride in China in the past years, including production, price and consumption;
Identify key producers of sodium borohydride in China;
Understand consumption of sodium borohydride during 2016 and 2020, as well as its consumption structure by applications.
Table of Contents
Methodology and definition
1 Key findings and market dynamics
- 1.1 Key findings
- 1.2 Market dynamics
- 2.1 Capacity and output, 2016-2020
- 2.2 Producer
- 2.2.1 Production situation, 2016-2020
- 2.2.2 Competition analysis
- 2.3 Price analysis
- 2.4 Technology
- 3.1 Overview, 2016-2020
- 3.2 Downstream industries
- 3.2.1 Pharmaceuticals
- 3.2.2 Agrochemicals
- 3.2.3 Intermediates and fine chemicals
- 3.2.4 Electronic products
- 3.2.5 Others
4 Company profiles of key producers
- 4.1 Shandong Guobang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- 4.2 Jiangsu Huachang Chemical Co., Ltd.
- 4.3 Ningxia Best Pharmaceutical Chemical Co., Ltd.
- 4.4 Jiangsu Hongzi New Energy Science & Technology Co., Ltd.
- 4.5 Rugao Chemical Reagent Factory Co., Ltd.
- 4.6 Jiangsu Zhaoyang Chemical Co., Ltd.
LIST OF TABLES
- Table 2.2-1 Basic information of major producers of sodium borohydride in China, 2020
- Table 2.2.1-1 Capacity and output of major producers of sodium borohydride in China, 2016-2020
- Table 2.2.2-1 Competitiveness analysis of major sodium borohydride producers in China, 2020
- Table 4.1-1 Main products of Shandong Guobang, 2020
- Table 4.1-2 Capacity and output of sodium borohydride in Shandong Guobang, 2016-2020
- Table 4.2-1 Main products of Huachang Chemical, 2020
- Table 4.2-2 Capacity and output of sodium borohydride in Huachang Chemical, 2016-2020
- Table 4.3-1 Main products of Ningxia Best, 2020
- Table 4.3-2 Capacity and output of sodium borohydride in Ningxia Best, 2016-2020
- Table 4.4-1 Main products of Jiangsu Hongzi, 2020
- Table 4.4-2 Capacity and output of sodium borohydride in Jiangsu Hongzi, 2016-2020
- Table 4.5-1 Main products of Rugao Chemical, 2020
- Table 4.5-2 Capacity and output of sodium borohydride in Rugao Chemical, 2016-2020
- Table 4.6-1 Main products of Jiangsu Zhaoyang, 2020
- Table 4.6-2 Capacity and output of sodium borohydride in Jiangsu Zhaoyang, 2016-2020
LIST OF FIGURES
- Figure 1.1-1 Competition situation of sodium borohydride industry in China, 2020
- Figure 2.1-1 Capacity and output of sodium borohydride in China, 2016-2020
- Figure 2.3-1 Ex-works price of sodium borohydride, 2016-2020
- Figure 2.4-1 Sketch map of Schlesinger route of sodium borohydride in China
- Figure 2.4-2 Flowchart of Bayer route of sodium borohydride production
- Figure 3.1-1 Apparent consumption volume of sodium borohydride in China, 2016-2020
- Figure 3.1-2 Consumption pattern of sodium borohydride in China, 2020
- Figure 3.2.1-1 Consumption share of sodium borohydride in pharmaceutical industry by product in China, 2020
- Figure 3.2.1-2 Revenue and growth rate of pharmaceutical industry in China, 2016-2020
- Figure 3.2.2-1 Consumption share of sodium borohydride in agrochemical industry by product in China, 2020
- Figure 3.2.2-2 Output of pesticide technical in China, 2016-2020
- Figure 3.2.3-1 Consumption share of sodium borohydride in intermediates and fine chemicals by product in China, 2020