Product Code: CS0634IS
The European food market is constantly evolving with new trends influencing consumer eating habits creating many different issues for manufacturers aiming to capitalize on the food market. Some of the most important trends in the region include clear labeling, meat alternatives, exotic and health foods and increased snacking.
- Germany, France, Russia and the UK are among the largest food markets in volume and value terms among the countries analyzed. This can be attributed to population size, high income and high consumption rates.
- Growing recognition of meat alternatives for non-vegetarians and vegans, snacking and increasing popularity of exotic and health foods are changing the food landscape in the region.
- The food market in the region is becoming far more diverse and fragmented than in previous years due to globalization, immigration and dietary restrictions.
Canadean's 'Hot new food trends in Europe' report identifies the key and upcoming trends driving consumption across Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Turkey and the UK. The report explores the attitudes and behaviors of modern consumers in order to draw conclusions on what they want now - and over the next 5-10 years. The report details current and future expectations of consumption behaviors and consumer attitudes derived from the survey responses of 24,000 European consumers.
What else does this report offer?
- Being region specific ensures the analysis is relevant
- Highlights sustainable trends that are made apparent in Canadean's unique 2015 consumer attitudes and behaviors survey
- Forward thinking analysis of how consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term and recommended actions on how to adapt to these evolving needs
- Key product examples that show the trends in action
Reasons To Buy
- Find out what types of products consumers are purchasing, why they are consuming them, and what they will be looking for in the next few years to understand and maximize growth opportunities
- Focus on consumer trends identifying what is happening now and forecasting future trends to ensure your brand matches demand
- Product examples and key recommendations help to derive key strategies in areas such as formulation, packaging and key consumer targets
- Unique 2015 survey data from 23 European countries granting an exclusive insight into the European food market to get a firm understanding of the market potential
Table of Contents
Introduction and Summary Methodology
Overview of new food trends in Europe
- The importance of understanding certain trends impact on the food market
New food trends in Europe
- Clear labels are the new 'Green' labels
- Meat is out while protein rich alternatives are in
- Exotic healthy foreign foods are appealing more to Europeans
- Snacking is only set to grow
The next 5-10 years of food trends predictions
- Super grains popularity will decrease over time but it will develop a small and dedicated following in the coming years
- Food will become entertainment as consumers use it to show off their own skills, knowledge and sophistication
- The 'Greying of Europe' means consumers will begin to demand more healthy and functional products related to their age and well being
Detailed methodology and Appendix
- Survey methodology
- Consumer data methodology
- About Canadean